How to Extract Text from PDF – Complete Data Extract
Do you want to extract table data or any other content from PDF document? Do you want to retrieve text from PDF for further processing? Want to do the perfect analysis of your data? Searching a solution to extract text from PDF files? Then, you are at the right place! Here in this blog, we are going to suggest some solutions for PDF data extraction.
PDF files are one of the globally using file formats which makes it convenient for the users to store and share information in a secure and easy way. This file format is invented by Adobe & is supported by almost all the Operating Systems. As these files contain important data so sometimes there comes a requirement to extract data from PDF files. Many solutions are available for data extraction from the PDF. In the next section, we will go through the cases where there is a requirement to extract content from PDF documents.
Cases When PDF Data Extraction is Required
1. Different types of Invoices data
2. Purchase Orders List
3. Insurance Claims and Contacts
4. Standard Level Reports
5. Electronic Form Health Record
6. Order Shipping Documents
7. Proof of Item Delivery, etc
In the next section, we are going to discuss multiple ways to extract text from Adobe PDF files in a convenient manner.
Manually Extract Text from PDF Document
There are several ways to extract all text from PDF documents. Some manual methods are given here:
Use Adobe Reader to Extract PDF Data
Follow these steps to extract text from PDF document:
1. Open file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
2. Go to “File” in the menu bar.
3. Click on Convert PDF to Word
4. Then, click on Export PDF to Word and Save the file
Convert Searchable PDF Files to Text Documents
Searchable PDF documents usually have the “Save As” feature. Users can extract data from searchable PDF documents just by “copying” the text and “paste” it manually. It is a slow and boring process. If the user has one or a few files to extract data from, this process works well. But in the case of huge PDF files, it is not an easy task to batch extract all text from PDF by copy-paste individually. Also, it does not maintain the formatting as well.
Issues In PDF Data Extraction With Manual Approaches
1. Users cannot extract text from selective PDF pages
2. Manual methods work well with a single file rather than a large number of files. It is not an easy batch extract text from PDF separately.
3. Users will face formatting issues while converting the PDF into a text document
Best Way to Extract All Text from PDF Documents
In some scenarios, manual methods are not able to give result in a way as user required. Some of the reasons are mentioned in the above section. In that case, users can opt for an automated software like PDF Toolbox. This tool is specially designed to extract all or specific data or text from single or multiple PDF files with many advanced features.
PDF Toolbox Tool Purchase
Advanced Features of the PDF Toolbox Software
- Data (Text or Embedded images) extraction from multiple PDF files in a single attempt.
- Allows batch conversion of PDF documents into PDF/A.
- Facility to reduce the size or compress PDF files.
- Formatting remains maintained after the extraction of data.
- Option to apply changes on specific pages (Even, Odd, Range) of PDF documents.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
In this blog, we have given multiple solutions on “How to extract text from PDF documents”. User can use manual approaches by following the step by step procedure described above. If in any case, the manual method fails for PDF data extraction, then users can also take help from the professional tools. It helps them to batch extract all text from PDF files in an advanced way.