How to Remove Restrictions from PDF File Quickly
Have you come across a valuable PDF report but are unable to copy, edit, or even print it? And you don’t understand what’s going on on the internet? But you realized that this PDF is locked. So, here we provide you with the best solution to remove restrictions from PDF.
Many users download books, magazines, and forms in PDF format from the internet. But sometimes they need to edit or copy documents, but they find it is restricted. This is a common problem for every user. Because PDF is a versatile format. We are here to solve our users’ problems.
Table of Content
“Hi, I got a letter from my office. This letter is given to tell the new rules and regulations and after receiving them I have to sign and submit that letter. But, I cannot edit this letter, as there are restrictions on PDFs for security reasons. I do not know what to do. Please suggest to me how to remove restrictions from the PDF. “
“Hello, I am an LLB student and I have downloaded some important notes in PDF format from the internet. But some pages I need to save locally, so when I copy the content the option is greyed out. For security reasons, restrictions have been applied to the PDF file. Please tell me how to remove restrictions from PDF files so that I can copy it easily.”
We have only written two queries but we have seen multiple users’ queries written on the internet. So I recommend the simplest and most direct method for removing restrictions from a PDF file.
Manual Way to Remove Restrictions from PDF via Google Chrome
Many large enterprises, businessmen, and home users use PDF files to save confidential data. A PDF file is the best option to share with a partner or other clients. However, the problem occurs when users want to remove all security restrictions from PDF.
Users of the Google Chrome Web Browser may remove restrictions from PDF such as editing and copying. However, it is impossible to use Google Chrome to bypass print option in a PDF file. In fact, if the file has print restrictions, then this method will fail miserably. So, use the following steps only when the PDF document has restrictions other than Print.
- Open-restricted PDF file in Chrome by right-clicking on it and choosing “Open with“>”Google Chrome“.
- After that, read the PDF file details and choose the Print option (Ctrl+P).
- To proceed, choose Save as PDF from the Destination dropdown menu.
- Then, go to the destination folder and press the Save button.
- Get the final PDF files without any restrictions.
Limitations of Manual Method
- If you have multiple PDF files, then the process will take a lot of time since you will need to process only one PDF at a time.
- You cannot print encrypted PDF file if it has print restrictions on it.
Dedicated Solution to Remove Restrictions from PDF Document
PDF Password Remover Tool is a professional solution to directly remove security restrictions from PDF. It ensures that the PDF file is free from all kinds of restrictions whether access restriction, edit restriction or print restriction. Users can even choose to keep the document open restriction but remove all others.
The tool also unlock password protected PDF files with and without password. One of the best things about this tool is it maintains the quality and originality of PDF files after removing all foundations from the PDF file.
Working Steps of this Software
- Firstly, download and run the tool on your system.
- Secondly, click on the Add File or Add Folder option to upload a restricted PDF.
- After that, view PDF file details i.e. File Size, Restriction , and Password (optional).
- Now, click on the change button to choose the destination path.
- Lastly, click on the Unlock button to remove restrictions from PDF.
- A pop-up message will appear on the software screen, i.e., “The PDF files are unlocked successfully.”
Why Not to Use Online PDF Restriction Remover Tools?
Almost all PDF issues have online solutions i.e., tools that you do not need to download to carry out the task. While they may seem easy, most professionals and security experts do not recommend using online tools. In fact, they also do not remove password and permissions from PDF document online. After all, it has many concerns such as:
- Privacy Concerns:- You are uploading your sensitive PDF files to third-party servers, so you have no control over who is viewing and storing your data.
- Security Risks:- Most online platforms do not have robust security measures in place. Thus, your sensitive data may be at risk of being leaked or hacked.
- Limited Features:- Most online platforms lack advanced features. Also, you can only process one file at a time, and exceeding a certain file size limit is not possible.
- No Support:- You will not get any technical support from the online platform in case of any issue with the tool.
Above we mentioned twin methods to remove restrictions from PDF files. The manual method is pretty easy and free as long as the PDF document doesn’t have a certain restriction. On the other hand, the dedicated tool is the best when it comes to removing security restrictions from PDF documents regardless of their type.
Q1. How to remove restrictions from PDF file using Adobe Acrobat?
Ans. First thing first, you will require the paid version of Adobe Acrobat to do this task. The exact set of steps are as follows:
- Open the PDF file in paid Acrobat software (Pro or DC Pro).
- Then, go to Tools > Protect > Encrypt > Remove Security.
- Enter the restrictions password and click OK to delete it.
- Once done, save the PDF file.
- With this, you have successfully removed restrictions password from the PDF file.
Q2. Can I lock PDF file from editing, copying and printing once I am done with my task?
Ans. Yes, you can easily do that without any inconvenience.
Q3. What software removes PDF restrictions?
Ans. Top 5 PDF restrictions remover software is:
- PDF Lock Tool by SysTools
- Adobe Reader DC
- PDF Expert