Fix Outlook PST File is Too Large Issue Without Any Data Loss
The users who are facing Outlook poor performance issues and crashes & do not know what is the reason behind this. Then, you must read this article to fix Outlook PST File is Too Large issue.
Microsoft Outlook is a very much familiar name, especially in organizations. It is simply used for email communication and management.
Methods to Fix Outlook PST File is Too Large
Basically, PST stands for Personal Storage Table file used to save the copy of Outlook data items on a local hard drive. But the problem associated with PST files is their size limit. The Outlook local data file size changes according to the Microsoft Outlook version. Previously, in Outlook 2002, the maximum size of .pst is 2 GB. Later on, the size increased up to 20 GB in MS Outlook 2003 and 2007. Thereafter, the PST file size becomes 50 GB for all Outlook versions, including Outlook 2013, and 2016.
However, when the PST space exceeds its maximum limit it becomes prone to multiple data corruption issues. And, users become unable to save any data item in it. In most cases, when a PST file becomes too large, it becomes corrupted. Here, we are going to show you a one-stop-shop solution that fixes PST file that is too large an issue and manage it also.
The Solution to Fix Outlook PST File is Too Big
Outlook PST Repair Tool is an automated data recovery software that is used by professional to fix PST File is Too Large. It can scan minor as well as a major corrupted Outlook data file and preview its data item on the software detailed pane. It supports both types of Outlook local file i.e., ANSI and UNICODE PST.
In such a situation when a user deletes some data items from Outlook, then it can recover easily with the help of this tool. The best part about the utility is it can export the healthy PST file in PST, MSG, EML, and HTML file format. Also, it can directly import Outlook data files from an Office 365 account. The utility can support corrupted .pst files of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and 2000. Here, we describe the complete method of how to fix a PST file that is too large.
1. Download the demo or purchase the full version of the software and install it.
2. Once it is successfully installed, launch the software on the system.
3. Click on Add File to upload the PST file. Here, you can choose the Select File option if the PST location is known. Else, select the Search File option that automatically locates the .pst file.
4. If the PST file has minor corruption, go with Quick Scan. Else, select the Advance Scan radio button to fix the highly damaged Outlook data file.
5. Once the scanning finished, it showed all the data folders in the left side pane and data items in the detailed pane. Here, you can view the data items in different formats such as Normal View, Hex, RTF, Attachments, and so on.
6. The deleted data items represent in Red color so they can easily distinguish from other items.
7. Click on Export from the top menu. Alternatively, if you want to move only selected data items, then select the checkbox of desired mail items and click on Export Selected.
8. The Export Option window appears on the screen. Here, you need to select the file type in which you want to export the recovered .pst file and click on Adv. Settings. Here, we select the format. If users wish to import the PST into Office 365 account, then it can be done here.
9. Now, You can choose various advanced features. The software offers the following options:
- Split Option: It is a very beneficial characteristic when you have an oversized PST file. Users can manually enter a file size.
- Date Filter Option: download only a specific range of data into the desired file type.
- Categories: With the help of this feature, one can choose the folder and save the data of it.
Important: Use the Split feature to split your large file into smaller ones (eg., 1GB, 2GB, etc) without losing any data. Then, you can import these files in Outlook and just assign one to your profile for work while others keep the additional data.
10. Navigate to the Browse option and provide a destination location for the resultant PST file and click on the Export button to initiate the process. If you want to maintain folder hierarchy, then select the option here.
11. Once the process completes, you can save the summary report in a system in CSV format.
In this article, we have discussed a solution that can fix a PST File is Too Large problem in a quick time. The oversized PST file always leads to data corruption which can also lose the data. So, it is always advised to have a professional utility that can compact Outlook PST data files and split them as per the need.