How to Open Corrupt OST File in Few Clicks? – Explained
Feeling annoyed by Outlook error? Is this error creating a lot of problems even after repairing? This problem emerges because of Outlook OST files. Many users come across this problem i.e., OST files are getting corrupted. Know all possible ways to open corrupt OST file.
There are many causes behind the error. All users need to do is just know the core cause first to eradicate the error. The article will help you resolve the issue of corrupted OST files. The content will even help the users to know using a utility how to open corrupt OST files.
“Please help! I have a 43GB OST file when I tried to open the OST file in Outlook 2016 but this OST file won’t open. Can anyone Guide me the best possible ways?”
Basic Causes Behind Repeated OST Corruption
There can be so many reasons that can lead to the repeated corruption of OST files. Let’s see why does Outlook OST file keeps getting corrupted. These errors are described under two broad categories.
1. Some Hardware Problems
Corruption in Offline folders occurs because of a few Hardware Issues. The hardware issues are jotted below:
- Development of Bad sectors in the hard drive in which the OST files are saved
- Interruption while synchronizing OST files in the server due to equipment failures
- An abrupt system shut down because of power failure
2. Software Failures Restrict to Open Corrupt OST File
If there is any problem with the software, it can lead to problems related to the software. All of them are jotted below:
- Improper recovery of systems leads to damage, corruption, and overwritten problems in OST files
- Problems aroused because of virus/malware infection can also damage OST data severely
- Outlook Termination improper also garbles Offline Storage files, which leads to corruption-related issues
- Synchronization Failure of Microsoft Outlook OST files combined with server
OST file Corruption Effects
If the problems stated above cause the Offline files to get corrupted. MS Outlook profile and the Exchange account associated with the OST files become inaccessible. On opening these, the users face the following errors:
- Default email folders cannot be opened.
- OST file is not an offline folder file.
- Users cannot expand the folders.
- set of folders cannot be opened.
- Errors detected in the .ost files.
- Users cannot open an Outlook file.
- Encountered a large number of conflict items.
- While offline, cannot open a particular .ost file.
To open the corrupt OST file in the mailing application, the best-suited approach that is definitely free of cost is scanpst.exe & scanost.exe. It is termed a manual solution to restore/open corrupt Outlook OST files. This is just a three-step process to retrieve corrupted OST files. Jotted below are steps using which OST file repair is possible using the scanpst.exe/scanost.exe utility.
- Start tool to begin the process of restoration
- Select the Repair files option for the process
- Restore all items to a new Outlook PST file
Also Read : The user can also read the similar post What is Inbox Repair Tool Scanpst.exe.
Drawbacks of ScanPST.exe
The entire method sounds easy, but it is very difficult to perform. The utility is not effective in major, the built-in utility only supports minor corrupted files. There is one more issue in running this Inbox Repair inbuilt tool, it can even open corrupt OST files in Outlook.
Automated Solution for “how to Open Corrupt OST File” Query
Yes, if you want to restore OST files, then our OST file Converter Tool is the best-suited approach for it. Using the tool, you can easily view/open OST files as it even offers users an option to convert OST files to PST format. In addition to it, the tool can easily provide the users with a preview of OST file messages like emails, address books, to-do lists, etc. It does not impose any restrictions on the file size in terms of recovering OST files. Users can even use the date filter option to retrieve OST files. The tool is robust enough, that it maintains the meta-data of the files like reading/unread status, message dates, etc. The software is compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows. The tool even opens corrupt OST files and access OST data in Office 365 Environment.
Open Corrupt OST File With The Help of This Application
- Download and Launch the Software on Your Machine.
- Click on Add file button and browse the OST file from your system.
- Now Choose the Scan Mode from Quick Scan and Advanced Scan.
- Click on Add button to Preview and Open OST file mailbox items.
- The user can click on the Export button to export the OST file items.
Summing it Up
The entire blog serves the user with a proper solution to open the Corrupt OST file easily. The tool even provides users with an automated solution to resolve the issue without any problem. The tool is available as both a free trial and a licensed one. So, users can buy the paid version by checking the credibility of the tool on the demo version.