How to Open Corrupt OST File By Few Clicks
Feeling annoyed by Outlook error? Is this error creating a lot of problems even after repairing? This problem emerges because of Outlook OST files. Many users come across this problem i.e., OST files are getting corrupted. There are many causes behind the error. All users need to do is just know the core cause first to eradicate the error. The article will help you resolving the issue of corrupted OST file. The content will even help the users to know using a utility how to open corrupt OST file.
Basic Causes behind Repeated OST Corruption
There can be so many reasons that can lead to the repeated corruption of OST files. Let’s see why does Outlook OST file keeps getting corrupted. These errors are described under two broad categories.
1. Some Hardware Problems
Corruption in Offline folders occurs because of few Hardware Issues. The hardware issues are jotted below:
a. Development of Bad sectors in hard drive in which the OST files are saved
b. Interruption while synchronizing OST files in server due to equipment failures
c. Abrupt system shutdown because of power failure
2. Software Failures
If there is any problem with the software, it can lead to the problems related to software. All of them are jotted below:
a. Improper recovery of systems leads to damage, corruption, overwritten problems in OST files
b. Problems aroused because of virus/malware infection can also damage OST data severely
c. Outlook Termination improper also garbles Offline Storage files, that leads to corruption related issues
d. Synchronization Failure of Microsoft Outlook OST files combined with server
OST file Corruption Effects
If the problems stated above causes the Offline files get corrupted. MS Outlook profile and the Exchange account associated with the OST files become inaccessible. On opening these, the users face following errors:
a. Default email folders cannot be opened.
b. OST file is not an offline folder file.
c. Users cannot expand the folders.
d. Set of folders cannot be opened.
e. Errors detected in the .ost files.
f. Users cannot open an Outlook file.
g. Encountered large number of conflict items.
h. While offline, cannot open a particular .ost file.
To open the corrupt OST file in Outlook mailing application, the best suited approach that is definitely free of cost is scanpst.exe & scanost.exe. It is termed as manual solution to restore / open corrupt Outlook OST files. This is just a three step process to retrieve corrupted OST files. Jotted below are steps using which OST file repair is possible using scanpst.exe/scanost.exe utility.
1. Start tool to begin the process of restoration
2. Select the Repair files option for the process
3. Restore all items to a new Outlook PST file
Drawbacks of ScanPST.exe
Entire method sounds easy, but it is very difficult to perform. The utility is not effective in major
, the built-in utility only supports minor corrupted files. There is one more issue in running this Inbox Repair inbuilt tool, it can even open corrupt OST file in Outlook.
Automated Solution to Answer “how to open corrupt OST File” Query
Yes, if you want to restore OST files, then our Recovery Tool for OST is the best suited approach for it. Using the tool, you can easily view/open OST files as it even offers users with an option to extract ost file to pst format. In addition to it, the tool can easily provide the users with a preview of OST file messages like mails, address books, to-do lists etc. It does not impose any restrictions on the file size in terms of recovering OST files. Users can even use the date filter option to retrieve OST files. The tool is robust enough, that it maintains the meta-data of the files like read/unread status, message dates, etc. The software is compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows. The tool even opens corrupt OST files and access OST data in Office 365 Environment.
Know the Working of OST Data Recovery Software
- Firstly, you need to install the OST Data Recovery software in your machine and then start the application.
- For selection of OST file, hit on Add File button
- After hitting the Add File button, a window pop-up opens and you need to navigate OST file location from local system
- Click on browse button and a pop-up appears from where the OST files can be selected.
- Once, you add the OST file, tool performs quick scan of files and recovers data from OST files. If the OST file is damaged, the tool gives you genuine feedback regarding the files and afterwards provides the option for advance scanning.
- The advance scan option is completely useful if your OST file is completely damaged. In spite of it, the tool provides users with Temp Folder Path Option. It allows the users to minimize installation size drive by shifting temp folder path to a specific drive.
- A screen is displayed while scanning of files takes place. Users can get the details like: scanned files name, overall size (in KB), and file creation date. If you need to break the scanning process, click on the stop button.
- Afterwards the scanning process completes, Opt on Yes and save the scanned files.
Summing it Up
The entire blog serves the user with a proper solution to open Corrupt OST file easily. The tool even provides users with an automated solution to resolve the issue without any problem. The tool is available as both free trial and a licensed one. So, users can buy the paid version by checking the credibility of tool on demo version.