Best Ways to Convert OST to PST Outlook
In this blog, we are going to discuss about effective methods to convert OST to PST Outlook. MS Outlook is an email client, widely used by business organizations, offices for their communication purpose. Most users configure their Outlook account with MS-Exchange Server which works in synchronization and saves data in Offline Storage Table (.ost) file format. OST file contains data in offline mode on hard drive. When user log in with IMAP Outlook account, every time data synchronized and downloaded to system in the OST file format. It helps to keep data up-to-date in the mailbox with new emails, reports, meeting requests, etc. Sometimes when the user creates an Outlook account with IMAP configuration, then it also works as a web server-based application and stores synchronizing data in (.ost) format.
However, there are various situations when these files become inaccessible. To manage the situation, user needs to change the Outlook OST file into another file format compatible with the Outlook like PST file format, so that data can easily be accessed in offline mode using Outlook.
Reasons When It Becomes Necessary to Convert OST into PST
There may be different situations when user needs to convert an Exchange or IMAP .ost to .pst, Some reasons are discussed below:
1. Sometimes, MS-Exchange server crashes unexpectedly due to various reasons like-
- Power Failure
- Malicious Software
- Virus Attack, etc.
Such types of situation are difficult to handle when data become inaccessible and screen displays error messages repeatedly.
2. In some cases, due to Exchange Server maintenance and downtime, data become very challenging to access mailbox data. Data is saved in the mailbox with .ost extension which synchronizes with the server, it becomes inaccessible. To access the data user need to convert OST data into PST file format.
3. When user export OST mailboxes to PST, corrupted or accidentally deleted data can also be recovered.
4. Conversion of OST data to PST also helpful in data migration. In situations when user wants to shift from one place to another place, it is easy to migrate PST data from one place to another place.
How to Convert OST to PST in Outlook?
Now, We know that when we need to change Outlook OST file to PST file. However, in the next section, we will discuss different methods to convert OST data to PST Outlook.
Manual Method: Use Import / Export Feature of Outlook
To convert OST to PST file manually, your system must be configured with Outlook and connected with the MS Exchange server. For the further procedure, steps are as follows:
- First, you need to open MS Outlook then, click on “File” and select the option “Import/Export”.
- A new dialogue box opens asking to “Choose an action to perform”. Select “Export to a File” and proceed.
- The next screen will ask to choose the file type to import. Choose “Outlook data file (.pst)” then hit button to “Next”.
- Now, choose the folder to export data from, and click on “Next”.
- Choose an option from the list “Allow duplicates to be created” and click “Finish”.
- After it, a new pop-up com to ask for an optional password. You can easily move ahead without entering it.
Now, manually converted Microsoft OST data into Outlook PST file. You can check your OST files which have been saved in PST file format at the selected location.
We have discussed above manual method to convert OST to PST Outlook, having some drawbacks, as mentioned below:
- Need to configure Outlook Account in the system.
- The system must be connected with MS Exchange Server.
- Slow process as compared to manual methods.
- Risk of data loss or corruption.
- Need technical expert to follow the procedure.
Export Offline OST to PST Using Software
To overcome the limitations, we are recommended to use an automated tool convert OST data to PST without Outlook.
OST to PST Converter software is one of the best third party software which makes this task easy and facilitates to a user. It completes the process of conversion in just a few simple steps and free from risks or error chances.
This software export OST mailboxes to PST equivalent file format. It also allows us to recover, backup ad extract all items of offline OST file.
It also helps to convert an Exchange or IMAP .ost to .pst, with not having any file size limitations. It provides the preview of data like emails, contacts, calendar or other mailbox items before conversion.
This tool also have additional ability to convert OST files into different file formats like PST, HTML, MSG, EML, Office 365. It also provides a demo version for free with limitations to export only the first 25 items folder. Then, if the user will be satisfied, they can go for a licensed version available at affordable prices.
Steps to Convert OST files to PST without Outlook
Follow these simple steps to convert your OST data into PST file format without Outlook, by the help of this tool:
Step 1: Download and install the software in your system.
Step 2: Simply Add Files and preview OST recovered files into the software.
Step 3: To export click on the radio button to PST and proceed.
Step 4: Browse destination location to save exported PST in your system.
Now, the procedure has been completed to convert OST to PST Outlook in just few steps. You can check your converted PST data at the destination location.
Manual methods free process and helpful to change OST file to PST but have some limitations. You can change your OST data to PST manually if your system is having MS Outlook configured with Exchange Server. These methods usually take longer procedures.
Using third party software is a more facilitate and effective method for to convert OST to PST Outlook. We recommend using this software because they are user-friendly due to its faster execution and advanced functionalities. Use this trusty and efficient software to deal with your vital data.