How to Convert Excel to vCard On Mac: Simple as ABC
I work as a senior manager. I met employees at my company who are looking for ways to convert Excel to vCard on Mac. They converted their contacts one by one rather than complete batch conversion. When they asked me, I did not get an answer to that. So, is there any reliable and quick solution to it?
After extensive research on the Internet, I found that thousands of users were having trouble in order to transfer Excel contacts to VCF on Mac. Do you have serious problems while converting Excel to vCard for Mac? Then, you have assuredly landed on the right page. So, today I have an enigma to elucidate. Converting XLS files to VCF can be performed straight away rather than performing it one by one. This whole process can be performed in a couple of clicks only. Here we discuss two methods one is the manual method by using the Mac Address Book application and the other one is the automated method Mac Excel Converter to convert XLS/XLSX/XLSM contacts to vCard file format in bulk.
But before going further let us discuss about the benefits of choosing vCard over Excel Files.
Benefits to Convert Excel to vCard
Excel files are one of the most used file formats for storing and managing a large amount of data. However, it has its disadvantages as well. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Easily transferable: Excel does not allow us to share individual contact with the help of an emailing service or any other program. On the other hand, you can create a single vCard for every individual contact and share it easily with any emailing service or program.
- Compatibility: vCard files are highly compatible with several email programs, devices, applications. The best thing is you can access them from any operating system without any difficulty.
- No size restrictions: If compared Excel files are mostly large in size whereas vCard is small. So, you can easily attach vCard to your emails and share them without any file size limitations.
Transfer Excel to vCard for Mac using Mac Address Book Application
However, the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program for the Mac operating system does not completely transfer Excel contacts to VCF manually. You can use it by firstly converting your Excel file to a comma-separated text file, also known as CSV file format. Then, move it to the Mac Address Book application. From there, you can convert XLS/XLSX/XLSM contacts to vCard file format in bulk.
- Open your selected Excel document
- Click on the File menu and then hit the Save As command.
- Select the file format saying Comma Separated Values (.csv” and save the converted file on your desktop.
- Launch Mac Address Book Application.
- Select the Import option from the File menu.
- Highlight the CSV file and then click on the Open button.
- Hold the Shift key and select all of the contacts which you want to transfer in the vCard file format.
- Click on the File menu. Then, expand the Export submenu and choose Export as vCard.
- Navigate to the destination location where you want to store the vCard file and click Save.
Limitations to Convert Excel to vCard Manually
There are certain limitations while we are converting Excel to vCard for Mac manually. The manual method does not support the bulk conversion of Excel Contacts to vCard. Using it, you can only convert one contact at a time. Thus, it is a monotonous and laborious task. It does not guarantee a successful conversion of XLS/XLSX/XLSM contacts to vCard file.
Transfer Excel Contacts to VCF Using an Automated Solution
Mac Excel Converter Software is an advanced utility to convert XLSX/ XLS/ XLSM contacts to PST, PDF, HTML, TXT, etc. It can change your Excel files, be it of any size to single or multiple vCards with an utmost ease. This tool comes with a user-friendly interface which makes it perfect for the non-technical users as well.
Steps to Move Excel Contacts to vCard For Mac
Step 1: Launch Mac Excel Converter
Step 2: Add Excel files & select the conversion options mentioned
Step 3: Choose the file format in which you want to transfer your Excel file.
Step 4: Click the Export button and your file will be exported.
Features of the Automated Tool To Convert Excel to vCard
- Capable to transfer XLSX/ XLS/ XLSM contacts to multiple file formats like PST, PDF, HTML, TXT, etc.
- Provides entirely mapping XLS/ XLSX/ XLSM contacts with the resulting file.
- Renders the auto-mapping option to map the Excel files columns.
- Offers multiple vCard versions for Excel conversion.
- Makes individual VCF, PDF, HTML, MSG, TXT for every Excel file.
- Export Excel contacts to vCard, HTML, TXT, etc. both with or without column mapping.
- Provides Add File(s) option to add single or multiple XLS/ XLSX/ XLSM files to vCard format.
- Supports Mac OS X 10.8 & all the above versions to transfer Excel contacts to VCF format.
In this blog, we have discussed the manual solution to perform the conversion of Excel to vCard for Mac. Most of the users face a problem because it can’t perform the bulk conversion. In that case, we have also discussed the automated solution to convert excel to vCard file. This utility is very useful in solving all the queries related to convert XLS/XLSX/XLSM contacts to vCard file format in bulk. Here, both the solutions have given, the user can opt for any solution as per their need.