How to Convert Excel File to Outlook Contacts? Best Solution
Searching for a method to convert Excel file to Outlook contacts? Then you landed on the right platform. In this write-up, we provide you the amazing methods to export Excel contacts to Outlook.
More about Excel and Outlook
Excel is proprietary software from the Microsoft Office Suite that keeps all user data in spreadsheets. It has developed Excel XLS applications for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. Managing data and its values is easy using Excel because Excel offers advanced calculations with functions, charting tools, pivot charts and tables, and other data formats as needed.
Outlook is one of the best applications. It is the most important email client for businesses and consumers. Millions of businesses rely on Outlook every day to send and receive important messages. If users want to import email addresses and contacts from Excel to Outlook, the best option is to import contacts from a CSV file. It works in the same way as other email applications, including calendar, task manager, contacts, calendar and more.
But First Let’s Understand the Query of the User –
“I want to transfer all my Mac Excel contacts to PST to access them on Mac Outlook 2019. However, I don’t have much technical knowledge to extract customer email addresses from Excel file. So, please someone suggest how to transfer import Excel contacts to Outlook PST on Mac. Thanks!”
Just like this user, we believe there are many people out there who want to upload Excel contacts and all email addresses to Outlook Mac. So for that we recommend professional and proven solutions in this part of our article.
Native Solution to Convert Excel File to Outlook Contacts
Microsoft Outlook support CSV file format for any conversion and we have the excel file which has the file format of .xls or .xlsx, so first we need to convert that file format to .csv format. After converting the file into .csv format one can easily import it to MS Outlook Contacts. Let’s understand the process of how to convert the file format first:
Convert Excel File to CSV Format
- Launch MS Excel into your operating system
- Go to the File Menu and click on the Save As option
- Browse the Destination Location for your resultant file
- Click on the Save button to initiate the process
- Now finally clock on the OK button to complete the process.
Move to the destination folder and verify your CSV file and follow the upcoming section to convert Excel XLS contacts to Outlook.
Import CSV File in Outlook
- Open MS Outlook on your machine
- Navigate the File Menu then Open & Export >> Import/Export option
- Choose Import from another program or File Option and click on the Next button
- Select CSV file format and Apply Filters accordingly
- At last, click on the Finish Button to complete the procedure.
Automated Solution to Convert Excel File to Outlook Contacts
The above mentioned solution is capable to convert Excel files to Outlook contacts, but there are some limitations which create hassle in between the process. There is huge risk of data loss and files hierarchy also get’s corrupted. If, you doesn’t want such any type of errors, then we recommend you opt for the automated solution Excel Contacts Converter Software. This utility can also convert Excel contacts to PDF and several other file formats (TXT, MSG, etc.).
Guide to Convert Excel Contacts File to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013
- Download and Install Excel Converter Tool
- Click on the Browse button to add your Excel file to the software
- Preview all your items and verify the items before moving to the next step
- Select the vCard option and click Next button
- After selecting vCard option, Choose the vCard version as per your need
- Click Browse Button to provide the destination for exported files
- Finally hit the Export option to complete the process.
Additional Features of the Tool
- Capable to export contacts from MS Excel, XLSM, XLTX into Outlook.
- Provide you the special feature of load and preview the data before conversion.
- One can Map the Excel file to an Outlook file as required.
- Supports all the version of MS Outlook and Windows.
- Allow to remove or delete duplicate items while converting.
Now you know how to convert excel file to Outlook contacts using the automated solution. While using the manual method one can lose the crucial information or the file may corrupt or damaged during the process by which you lose all your data and also it is a very complicated and time-consuming method so we advise you to choose this ultimate automated solution from which you can convert your excel file in few clicks.