Method to Save Outlook Emails to External Hard Drive
Summary: Do you want to know how to Save Outlook Emails to External Hard Drive? If yes, then this tutorial is for you. In this article, we are going to discuss the step by step process to accomplish this task. Read this article to know more.
Microsoft Outlook application is a popular email manager that saves the data in PST and OST files. An offline storage table or OST file allows the user to store the mailbox data( emails, contacts, calendar, etc) in offline mode. Whereas PST is a personal folder file. Many times Outlook users want to save their important Outlook data as a backup. Also backing up is a good way to safeguard your data important data from being lost. Let us consider a user query regarding the backup of the OST file.
“Please help! I have a setup of an email account as IMAP in Outlook 2016. Can anybody guide me on the proper way to back up my OST emails in the external hard drive? I want to know how to back up outlook 2016 emails to the external hard drive. Is there any safe and reliable solution to accomplish this task easily because I am not a tech-savvy person? Thanks!”
A good way to back up their crucial data is to save it on an external hard drive. In case of a system crash or any other disaster, the user can easily access the information. In the forthcoming article, we will discuss the entire process to know how to back up outlook 2016 emails to the external hard drive.
Learn How to Backup Outlook 2016 Emails to External Hard Drive Manually
Here is a manual method to save the OST file emails to Outlook PST file as a backup to the external hard disk drive.
1. Launch the Microsoft Outlook Application.
2. Now click on File, select Open and Export and then choose Import/Export.
3. In the Import / Export wizard Select the option Export to file.
4. Select the option Outlook data file (.pst) and then click on Next.
5. In case the user wants to back up the emails to the external hard drive, then the user can connect the external hard drive.
6. Click on the browse the choose the external hard drive from the list of storage devices. After that create a name for the backup file and click OK.
7. Finally, click on Next and hit on Finish. (If you want to secure the messages, then enter the password when prompted and then click OK. Otherwise, the user can click on Cancel.
Now this is all about exporting your files from Outlook to your computer or external storage. The following section does not help in saving your data from Outlook itself, but is more of a conversion method to save your OST file (mailbox file for IMAP accounts, Microsoft 365 accounts, Exchange accounts, and Outlook.com accounts) in PST file format.
So, it MIGHT be of no use for you if you only want to backup your Outlook emails and not convert the OST data.
Safe and Reliable Way to Backup Outlook OST File Emails to External Hard Drive
In case you are facing problems then the user can use the safe and direct method to Transfer the OST file emails to the hard drive. For this, the user can use the professional tool. Actually, it’s a time-saving method that helps to export the Outlook OST file to multiple file formats. After the conversion process, the user can easily save the backup file on an external hard drive. Also, it allows conversion of OST to PST file of Outlook 2019 and its below version. Here are the steps to use this software to know how to back up Outlook 2016 emails to the external hard drive.
1. Download and Launch the Application on your system.
2. Click on the Add file button and browse the OST file.
3. Now select the Scan option from the Quick and Advanced options.
4. Click on the Add button and Preview the OST file emails.
5. Now click on the Export button and select the file format PST.
6. Browse the destination location to save the desired file format.
7. Click on the Export button to start the export process.
Note: After saving the data in PST file format the user can easily transfer this .pst file on an external hard drive.
In this article, we have discussed how to back up Outlook 2016 emails to the external hard drive. The user can try the manual method, but in case you are facing any problems or difficulties, then you can take the help of Emaildoctor’s recommended software.
This is the ultimate solution to save and export the OST file emails to the external hard disk drive. Also, this utility is compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2019 and below and all versions of Windows OS.