Ways to Edit & Write on a Read Only PDF
You have received a read-only PDF file and want to make some changes to it. No need to worry as this article discusses how to write on a read only PDF.
When it comes to handling a large number of files, firms generally use the PDF format to store their crucial data. As the PDF can store a variety of data like Text, Images, Metadata etc. and it can be easily accessible. In order to keep a PDF file secure, people apply some restrictions by enabling read-Only PDF. So, whoever receives this PDF file can only view the information present in it. The users viewing the PDF file are restricted to performing certain operations like Printing, Editing, Text copying, adding comments etc.
Under some circumstances, users require to convert read only PDF to editable PDF or want to fill out a read only PDF. Now they don’t have any option other than look for a solution on the Internet. So, through this post, we will explain some methods with their proper steps to perform.
Using Advanced Utility to Write on a Read Only PDF Document
If the PDF file is not allowing the user to edit it. This means that the PDF is secured with a password. For editing a PDF document, it is necessary to unlock the PDF and then the editing operation can be done. So, now the question will arise that how it is possible to edit a read-only PDF. To edit or make changes in the PDF file easily and smoothly, then we would like to recommend users to use the Windows & Mac PDF File Unlock tool. It can help to remove the unblock and helps in removing the restriction. Moreover, this tool is capable to unblock the PDF file for commenting, copying, printing, and adding signatures. It can also be used to extract pages from a PDF files.
This tool doesn’t require the restricted password, it automatically cracks it and unblocks it. So that the user can easily edit their PDFs. Mac and Windows users can use this utility.
Steps to Use this Software to Write on a Read Only PDF Document
- Download and launch the utility to convert read only PDF to editable PDF.
- Insert files using Add Files/Add Folder, enter the password if needed else press the Next button.
- Choose the option between Save or Print. And use the Change button to set the destination where the unsecured file will be saved.
- Finally, hit the Unlock button to begin the process to remove the PDF editing restriction.
Other Methods Available to Fill Out a Read Only PDF Files
In this section, we have mentioned some methods that be used to convert read only PDF to editable PDF. Here the users have some options, through which they can choose the suitable one.
Using Google Docs to Write on a Read Only PDF Files
This can be a simple and free technique to make changes in PDF files using Google Docs. Follow the steps mentioned below to edit a read-only PDF file.
- Launch the Google Docs using your Google account.
- Now press the File Tab>Open, then press the Upload button and choose the PDF to upload.
- Now, if the PDF file is locked, then enter the password to view the document and then press the Open with Google Docs.
- After opening the PDF file in Docs, now user can change/edit the document easily.
- After the completion of the Editing work, then save the files as PDF.
Use Free Online Tools to Write on a Read Only PDF Documents
User has another option to use the online tool which is available for free of cost. They need to open the PDF editing tool and upload the file. For editing purposes, the tools will convert the PDF file into a Word file and then the users can edit as per they want. There are many tools which provide the same type of services to edit, copy and print PDF files. But the user will need to find the right and trusted tool.
Note – The free online PDF editing tools do not allow editing a secured PDF file. So, the user will need to first unlock the PDF and then upload it to write on a read only PDF file.
Editing a PDF Document Using the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
If the user doesn’t want to take the risk of editing a PDF file online. Then they can use the Adobe Acrobat PDF Application which is genuine and trustworthy. Though the user will need to buy a subscription to use this application. It offers several features which can be used to write on a read only PDF. To make changes to the PDF follow the steps below.
- Initially, on your local system open the Adobe Acrobat Application
- Next, hit the File Tab-> Open button.
- Select the desired PDF file to edit.
- Now press the Tools tab and select the Edit tool.
- After the editing is done save the file and use it to share with anyone.
Another thing that a user can do to fill out a read only PDF is by converting the PDF file to a Word doc to edit the data. Then, later save it as a PDF file.
Several people do have issues when they want to Write on a Read Only PDF file. What they don’t know is that the PDF is restricted. This means that they have to unlock it to edit read-only PDF. So, to help them to edit files we have discussed some ways. However, if the users are not satisfied, then they can use the automated tool which helps to convert read only PDF to editable PDF file.