How to Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Drive – Easiest Way
There are two types of hard disk drives, one is the internal hard drive that is attached to a computer and the other one is an external hard drive that is portable. Both hard drives play an important role in digital life as they are basically used to store the data. However, losing a single bit of data from the hard drive can be very frustrating. So, imagine the accidental deletion of a folder that contains several crucial files.
Sometimes due to human errors, malware attacks, mishandling, and many other reasons data can be lost from an external hard drive. In the professional field, data loss can be expensive for an organization, and on the personal front, losing files can be disastrous.
In all situations, you need a perfect solution to recover deleted data from external hard drive. So, in this post, you will find a simple and working solution to recover permanently deleted files from external hard drive. Continue reading the article.
Simplest Way to Recover External Hard Drive Deleted Files
Data deleted from external hard drive is quite difficult to get it back. But here is an ultimate way to retrieve deleted data from hard drive. Simply use the Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool. It is an automatic utility to recover and save permanently deleted files and folders from external hard drive. The software supports data recovery from FAT, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS file system.
Using this, one can recover deleted photos, videos, audio, documents, and other multimedia files quickly. The tool is designed in such a manner that it supports RAW data recovery from External as well as Internal HDD and recover deleted files from laptop.
Steps to Recover Permanently Deleted Data from External Hard Drive
- Download and launch Hard Drive Recovery Tool on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, or any below version.
- Attach your external hard drive from which you have deleted data items and click on the Refresh View button from the software panel.
- Now, you will get two different scanning options: Scan and Formatted Scan. Select the Scan option to recover deleted video files from hard drive.
- Once the scanning process gets completed successfully, the tool will show all recovered folders in The left panel and bold the folders that contain data after recovery. (Note: Permanently deleted data items will be highlighted in red color.)
- You can Explore the folder and view its files along with Item Count.
- If you want to search for some specific data items then, click on the Search button from the bottom-left corner and search the desired file just via entering the file extension, name, or any other attributes.
- In order to save selected data, check the desired items and click Save. After completing this process you will be able to save only selected files.
- If you want to save the entire recover deleted HTML from hard drive then, just click on Save button. Once you click on the save button the software will start saving all items after recovering from external hard drive.
- Select a destination location for resultant data. Also, you can create a new folder to save data separately, Click the OK button.
- Finally, navigate to the location that you have selected for the output file and access recovered permanently deleted files from laptop without any difficulty.
What Happens When Files Deleted from External Hard Drive?
By default, when a file gets deleted from an external hard drive, it does not get stored in the Recycle Bin folder. Instead, it bypasses the bin and gets deleted permanently. But, if users have done the settings in the system that deleted files from the external drive will go into the Recycle Bin folder and they are deleting a large file then, it will be not stored in Recycle Bin. It is so because the Recycle Bin also has a particular size limit to store data and when the defined limit exceeds, it starts removing data.
However, this does not mean that the data is lost. It is actually still in the original location but not accessible or viewable and waiting to be overwritten. Hence, deleted files from external hard drive can be recovered until any other file gets overwritten over the original sector.
If you have encountered such data deletion or data loss condition then, stop using the external hard drive and make sure to not add any new data on external HDD. It is so because doing this prevents overwriting deleted data and increases the chances of successful deleted file recovery from external hard drive.
You can find multiple brand hard drives for external use like Iomega, Sandisk, Kingston, etc. You can use the above-explained solution on all brand external and internal hard drives. So, we can say that this is the master software to recover files from a hard drive that won’t boot Windows 10.
Besides the advantages of external hard drives, users face some serious issues while using external hard drives. Accidental or intentional deletion of data is one such worst problem. When users come across this kind of dilemma in real life and lose their vital database, they start hunting the ways to recover external hard drive deleted files. Considering this query, we are here with this post. Here we have uncovered a superb technique to recover permanently deleted data from external and internal hard drives. Use the proposed solution to recover deleted files from Iomega external hard drive.
Users can recover deleted files from hard disks. By using the above-mentioned software. It recovers deleted photos, videos, images, multimedia files, and folders, etc.
To recover deleted files from a hard drive with the help of the above blog.