How to Merge Outlook Archive Files with Another PST?- Free Manual Guide
Are you looking for a way to merge Outlook archive files with another PST? If so, then your search ends here. In this blog, we will give you an accurate solution to merge two archive PST files. Before going further, let’s check out some user queries.
I have created many archive files over the years. I still sometimes use it as a reference and want to combine them with other data files as this is easier to manage and easier to find. Does anyone suggest a method to complete this task?
Author Suggestion: Use Merge PST File Tool to merge PST file without Outlook with all data elements. This tool allows the user to consolidate emails, contacts, calendars, etc., to manage data and avoid data loss problems.
In a technical scenario, the archive is no different from any other PST file. It is basically a separate folder that contains emails, contacts, and other details. This file is used as a backup and it can be easily accessible in Outlook at any time.
Manual Methods to Merge Outlook Archive Files with Another PST File
Unluckily, there is no direct way that can help to complete this task. But don’t worry some indirect workaround is available to do this. When we talk about manual methods, then there are 2 methods to merge two archive PST files. In the following we mentioned both methods step wisely.
Method 1: Combine into Master PST
First, you need to create a master PST file. After creating a new file, simply copy the content of the archive file and paste it into the new one. Once you created a new file, follow the steps below to perform copy and paste task:
- Click on the File tab and select Open
- Click Open Outlook Data File and select the file which you want to open
- Now, copy the content from this file and paste it into a master PST file.
- Next, once you copied the data, remove the original file from your Outlook. To do follow these steps:
- Go to the File tab and select Account Setting
- Click on the Data Files tab and select the Outlook file and click Remove.
Method 2: Use Import/Export Feature
- Go to the File tab and select Open & Export
- Now, select the Import/Export option and this will open the Import and Export wizard
- Select the Import from another file or program options and click Next
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) as file type and click Next
- Click Browse and select the file which you want to import and select the Do not import duplicates option
- Select the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in the checkbox. In the end, click the Finish button.
Done! But, if you still facing any issues with this method or feel that this is a lengthy process, then go with the automated solution.
Better Approach to Merge Two Archive PST Files in Outlook
For a quick and hassle-free solution, use PST Merger. This application is specially programmed to merge Outlook data files into a single one without losing a single bit of data. With this software, users can also consolidate password-protected, network, and active files. It also supports joining ANSI and UNICODE files into a single UNICODE file. The software helps you to remove duplicates and instantly merge contacts folders in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
The Steps to Merge Outlook Archive Files with Another PST File are as Follows;
Step 1. Start the Tool on your system and load archive files.
Step 2. Select the Merge option and click Next.
Step 3. Select merge in the existing PST option.
Step 4. Apply filters and select criteria to remove duplicates. After clicking Next.
From time to time, archive files created by Outlook users as a backup and save storage space. However, when it comes to merge Outlook archive files with another PST file, this task is very complicated. To solve this problem, we used manual and automated methods. You can choose any of the methods to merge two archive PST files that meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To combine Outlook archive, you can combine Master PST and Import PST using the Import feature. If this method does not work for you, you can go with the PST Merger tool. This will allow you to combine 2 or multiple archives.
Yes, with the PST file merge software, you can combine archives in a new file without the Outlook application.
Yes, it is possible with the Outlook merger tool. It allows you to combine multiple archives without any file size limitations.