How to Merge Outlook Archive Files with Another PST? Free Guide
Are you looking for a way to merge Outlook archive files with another PST? If so, then your search ends here. In this blog, we will give you an accurate solution to merge two archive PST files. Before going further, let’s check out some user queries.
I have created many archive files over the years. I still sometimes use it as a reference and want to combine them with other data files as this is easier to manage and easier to find. Does anyone suggest a method to complete this task?
Table of Content
Solution to Merge Outlook Archive Files with Another PST
For a quick and hassle-free solution, use Merge PST File Tool. This application is specially programmed to combine multiple files without losing a single bit of data.
With this software, users can also consolidate password-protected, network, and active files. It also supports joining ANSI and UNICODE files into a single UNICODE file. The software helps you to remove duplicates and instantly merge contacts folders in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
5 Quick Steps to Merge Outlook Archive Files
- Download and run the tool on your PC.
- Select Add Files to upload the PST file.
- Choose one of the options: merge or merge PST files.
- Choose an option: Join a new or existing or Outlook profile.
- Click the “Next” button to start the process.
Advantage of this Software
- It allows you to remove duplicates during a merge.
- It permits the user to use a password in the output PST file.
- It supports merging ANSI and UNICODE files into Outlook PST.
- Compatible with all previous and current versions of Outlook and Windows.
- Unlimited Outlook data files (.pst) with a file size of 2 GB
- It allows you to combine ANSI and UNICODE PST files.
- This software can merge Outlook data files without Outlook.
- A demo version is available to merge the first 15 items into a PST file.
Steps to Merge Two Outlook Archive Files
Step 1. Start the Tool on your system and load archive PST files.
Step 2. Select the Merge option and click Next.
Step 3. Select merge in the existing PST option.
Step 4. Choose data items and select the Next button.
Merge Outlook Archive Files with Another PST File Manually
Unluckily, there is no direct way that can help to complete this task. But don’t worry some indirect workaround is available to do this. When we talk about manual methods, then there are 2 methods to merge two archive PST files. In the following we mentioned both methods step wisely.
Method 1: Combine into Master PST
First, you need to create a master PST file. After creating a new file, simply copy the content of the archive file and paste it into the new one. Once you created a new file, follow the steps below to perform copy and paste task:
- Click on the File tab and select Open
- Click Open Outlook Data File and select the file which you want to open
- Now, copy the content from this file and paste it into a master PST file.
- Next, once you copied the data, remove the original file from your Outlook. To do follow these steps:
- Go to the File tab and select Account Setting
- Click on the Data Files tab and select the Outlook file and click Remove.
Method 2: Use Import/Export Feature
- Go to the File tab and select Open & Export
- Now, select the Import/Export option and this will open the Import and Export wizard
- Select the Import from another file or program options and click Next
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) as file type and click Next
- Click Browse and select the file which you want to import and select the Do not import duplicates option
- Select the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in the checkbox. In the end, click the Finish button.
Done! But, if you still facing any issues with this method or feel that this is a lengthy process, then go with the automated solution.
From time to time, archive files created by Outlook users as a backup and save storage space. However, when it comes to merge Outlook archive files with another PST file, this task is very complicated. To solve this problem, we used manual and automated methods. You can choose any of the methods to merge two archive PST files that meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To combine Outlook archive, you can combine Master PST and Import PST using the Import feature. If this method does not work for you, you can go with the PST Merger tool. This will allow you to combine 2 or multiple archives.
Q3. Is this tool cross-compatible when merging multiple PST files in MS Outlook?