How to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2016, 2013, 2010 Manually
Microsoft Outlook is used in many companies and at home as an email client for the communication and management of tasks. Outlook gives users the ability to create multiple accounts, calendar, and contact folders. Due to the large number of contact folders in Outlook, users want to combine them into one to make access and management easier. To simplify this task for users, we are here with the best free solution to merge contacts folders in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
User Query- How Do I Combine Outlook Contacts Folders?
I use Outlook 2013 for my emails and my contact folders have been imported from my Gmail account into Outlook 2013. All my contacts are in a number of contact folders. I would like to merge Outlook contacts folders into a single contact folder. I am not an IT person. Please answer in terms that a layman can clearly understand. Thanks!
After reading the above user query it is clear what exactly the topic of our blog today is. The following section provides step-by-step instructions on how to combine Outlook contacts folders into a single folder.
Free Manual Trick to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook
The manual method has 5 steps that will help to consolidate Outlook contacts folders into a single one.
Step 1: Create a New Contacts Folder
- In the Outlook Contacts, right-click on Contacts Folder and select New Folder option.
- Give a name to this new folder. For example:- Merge Contacts.
Step 2: Move Outlook Contacts to New Folder
- Go to the current contacts folder, press CTRL+A key to select all contacts and then press CTRL+SHIFT+V to move the contacts into the newly created folder (Merge Contacts).
Note: If you are not very familiar with these shortcuts, you can simply right-click on the selected contacts and choose Move from the shortcut menu.
Step 3: Export Contacts to CSV File
Now, we need to export Outlook contacts to a .csv file to merge contacts folders in Outlook. Follow the below-listed steps:
- Select the File tab and click Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select “Export to a file” and hit Next.
- Choose the “Comma Separated Values” and press Next.
- Select the Newly Created Folder (Merge Contacts) and click Next.
- Click on the Browse button and choose the name and location for the exported file.
- Select Finish.
Step 4: Import Contacts From CSV File to Default Contacts Folder
- Click File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Choose the “Import from another program or file” and click Next
- Select “Comma Separated Values” and press Next.
- Browse to the exported .csv file and check the “Do not import duplicate items” box. It allows you to merge contacts folders in Outlook without duplicates.
- Select your main Contacts folder which is currently empty to import the contacts.
- Click Finish.
Step 5. Merge Newly Created Contacts Folder with the Original Folder
- Open the Newly Created Folder (Merge Contacts)
- Press CTRL+A to select all the contacts. After press CTRL+SHIFT+V and choose to move the contacts to your main Contacts folder.
- If one of the duplicate contacts is detected, Outlook displays a message that states what to do.
- Choose any of the options:
- Update: Choose the Update option if these are duplicate contacts and you want to merge them.
- Add New Contact: Select this option if in case the contacts are different.
- Update All: Choose it to quickly update all the duplicate contacts.
- Skip: Select this option for later review. It does not move any contacts.
Related Blog: How to merge and remove duplicate emails in Outlook
Alternate Solution to Combine Outlook Contacts Folders
If you feel that the manual process described above is quite lengthy and you want a quick method, you can go with the Merge PST File tool. This is an automated solution that offers a quick way to merge Outlook contacts folders without duplicates. This tool has the Remove Duplicates option that lets you merge Outlook folders without duplicates.
Quick Steps to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook are as follows;
Step 1. Download and Launch the tool after select the PST files or folder which having contacts.
Step 2. Select the option “Merge” to proceed.
Step 3. Choose Merge Outlook Contacts to Existing PST or Existing Outlook Profile.
Step 4. Check the “Skip Duplicate Items” box to merge contacts folders in Outlook without duplicates.
Step 5. In the Remove Duplicate Option, choose the required contacts fields like Full Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc. Click the Save button.
Step 6. Click on Next.
This application is compatible with all versions of Outlook, including 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and installs on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. It is a 100% secure utility to accomplish this task.
The question of how to combine Outlook Contacts folder into a single folder is now clear after reading the above blog. We mentioned the step-by-step free manual method to complete this task. If you feel that manual execution is time-consuming and has difficulty running the process, you can easily use the alternate solution. This will help you to quickly merge contacts folders in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 without duplication.
To merge several Outlook folders without duplication, you can create a new PST file or folder. Then import all existing data to the newly created file.
Yes, the software helps you to combine several contacts from different Outlook accounts.
Yes, you have to do all the steps to manually merge Outlook contacts.