How to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook? Stepwise Guide
Overview: Are you also looking for a way to merge contacts folders in Outlook 2021, 2019, or 2016? If so, then you are on the right page. In this article, you’ll learn how to merge contacts in Outlook with professional or manual tools, and how to keep your contact list clean in the future.
Microsoft Outlook is used in many companies and at home as an email client for the communication and management of tasks. Outlook gives users the ability to create multiple accounts, calendar, and contact folders. Due to the large number of contact folders in Outlook, users want to combine them into one to make access and management easier. To simplify this task for users, we are here with the best solutions.
I use Outlook 2013 for my emails and my contact folders have been imported from my Gmail account into Outlook 2013. All my contacts are in a number of contact folders. I would like to merge Outlook contacts folders into a single contact folder. I am not an IT person. Please answer in terms that a layman can clearly understand. Thanks!
After reading the above user query it is clear what exactly the topic of our blog today is. The following section provides step-by-step instructions on how to combine Outlook contacts folders into a single folder.
Quick Steps to Combine Contacts File into One
These steps are as follows:
1: Download and Run the software.
2: Choose Add files or folders to Upload PST files.
3: Select any of the options: Merge and Join PST Files.
4: Choose Options: Merge in a New PST, an Existing PST, or Outlook Profile.
5: Select the Next Tab to begin the process.
Manual Trick to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook
The manual method has 2 steps that will help to consolidate Outlook contacts folders into a single one.
Step 1: Export Outlook Contacts PST to CSV Format
- Open Outlook and click the File tab.
- Press the Open and Export >> Import / Export.
- Choose Export to File and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Choose the contact folder you want to export and click Next.
- Click the Browse, select the name and location of the export file, and then click Next
- Hit the Finish.
NOTE: You must save all contacts in the exported CSV file in CSV file format to import into Outlook.
Step 2 Move CSV File into Outlook
- Press the File tab >> Open and Export >> Import/Export.
- Choose the Import from another program or file and hit Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Click Browse and select the CSV file containing the exported contacts.
- Select Do not import duplicate items or Replace duplicate items with imported items. Both options allow you to merge multiple Outlook contact folders without duplication
- Now select the Outlook folder where you want to import the contacts or you can also create a new folder for the imported items.
- Choose to Map Custom fields.
- Drag the values from the CSV file to the destination on the right. Once you have mapped all the columns in the CSV file to the corresponding address book fields in Outlook, click OK.
- Finally, click “Finish“.
Alternate Solution to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook
If none of the manual methods above worked for you, try professional methods recommended by experts. Using this method, you can merge contacts in Outlook using the Merge PST File Tool. The PST merge tool is a powerful tool to merge multiple duplicate contacts and reduce file size.
This software provides a cost-effective and reliable way to embed Outlook items in calendars, emails, journals, and more. With this software, you can effortlessly merge and remove duplicate emails in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and other versions with complete accuracy.
- Can remove duplicate mailbox items.
- You can combine two Outlook calendars into one without installing Outlook.
- You can create a new PST file for each folder.
- It does not include items that were deleted during the merge.
- Combine 15 items from each PST file.
Steps to Merge Contacts Folders in Outlook 2021, 2019
- Download and Launch the tool after select the PST files or folder which having contacts.
- Select the option “Merge” to proceed.
- Choose Merge Outlook Contacts to Existing PST or Existing Outlook Profile.
- Check the “Skip Duplicate Items” box to merge contacts without duplicates.
- In the Remove Duplicate Option, choose the required contacts fields like Full Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc. Click the Save button.
- Click on Next.
The question of how to combine Outlook Contacts folder into a single folder is now clear after reading the above blog. We mentioned the step-by-step free manual method to complete this task. If you feel that manual execution is time-consuming and has difficulty running the process, you can easily use the alternate solution. This will help you to quickly merge contacts folders in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 without duplication.