How to Insert Page Number in PDF Adobe Acrobat? Explained 3 Ways
Whenever we create a PDF document, it becomes important to insert page number in PDF Adobe acrobat. Depending upon the size of the document, adding page numbers becomes important. Because it makes it easier for the user and the others who are reading that PDF file. Thus, adding Bate Numbers or Stamping is the finest way to give each page of the document a unique identification. This makes it simple to arrange and keep it in an organized way, else it becomes tough to manage, also for the users it becomes difficult to find the part from where they need to continue reading.
So, this becomes clear that the addition of bate numbers becomes a beneficial job. Hence in this article, we will explain a few techniques by which a will be able to insert page number in PDF document
Benefits of Inserting Page Numbers to PDF Files
When it comes to managing large PDF documents. Page numbering becomes important to maintain an organized way to read and find the data easily. It provides many advantages when a user insert page number in PDF Adobe acrobat. We have mentioned some of them:
- Bates stamping in PDF helps to segregate the documents in a proper manner.
- Becomes easier for the reader to keep track of their reading of a PDF file.
- Inserting page numbers makes it easier in searching for any specific information.
- Help users to know how many pages/slides a PDF document is having.
Now, we have seen what advantages a user gets when they insert page number in PDF Adobe acrobat
Let’s move on to learn and explore various types of methods to add page numbers in a PDF file.
Exploring the Techniques to Insert Page Number in PDF Document
In this section, we will talk about the different approaches to adding page numbers in PDF documents manually. The process of adding page numbers is possible using Adobe Acrobat (PDF Software) or MS Word.
Using a PDF Software (Adobe Acrobat)
- Open Adobe Acrobat and the PDF file
- After that, navigate to Tools and select the Pages option.
- Then, press the Header and Footer option under the Pages section. Hit on Add header and footer option.
- Click on the Font Name from the drop-down list and choose the desired font name from the list.
- Next press the Font Size from the drop-down menu and choose the font size for the bates numbering in PDF files.
- Then check the proper location to add the page number in the Header & Footer text box.
- Then, hit on Insert page number button to Insert Page Number in PDF Adobe Acrobat
Note – Installation of Adobe Acrobat (full version) is needed on the system. Moreover, it fails to insert page numbers in encrypted/restricted PDF files without a password
Using MS Word to Insert Page Number in PDF Adobe Acrobat
- To go with this method, you need to first convert the PDF file to an MS Word doc.
- Then, open the file in MS Word. After that, under the Insert tab and press the Page Number option.
- Then, you can select the needful style such as the top of the Page, the Bottom of the Page, or Page Margin menu.
- When the page number inserting process completes successfully, the page number will appear on each page of the file.
Procedure to Smartly Insert Page Number in PDF Adobe Acrobat
Many users want to Insert the page number in their PDF documents without having any issues and limitations. Then they can look to use the Best PDF Bates Numbering Tool. As it helps users in adding the page numbers in a PDF document. And here, the user does not require to install any other application. Moreover, it is supported by all the versions of MS Windows OS. The in-built Print function allows to directly print page numbers in PDF files.
Guided Steps for Using the Smart Utility to Insert Page Number in PDF Document
For Windows OS
For Mac OS
Step 1: Install and Run the tool and click on Add File(s)/Add Folder(s) button.
Step 2: After adding PDF files, if the file has user-level security then they can give the ‘Document open’ password. With this, the user can print the output PDFs by pressing the ‘Print’ button. Press the change to set the destination path to save the output file. Now hit on the Next button.
Step 3: Here users can choose the page number/ bates number format for pages only or for the combination of files-pages. Press the Next button.
Step 4: Here you can provide additional settings under the Settings tab, then hit on Next.
Step 5: Watch the preview, then, hit on the ‘Generate’ button, if the user is okay with the preview.
Also Read: Split Large PDF into Multiple Files
This blog explains a few methods which can be used to insert page number in PDF Adobe Acrobat. By using the Adobe Acrobat Software and MS word, users can manually add page numbers to the PDF file. Moreover, we have discussed the tool-oriented technique to execute the process of page numbering in a PDF document.