How to Fix Corrupted Files on an USB Drive? Automated Solution
USB flash drives are the most widely used storage drives due to their portability, smaller size, and huge data storage capacity. This drive stores all the data in its memory cells and keeps track of it through a file system. When you connect a USB drive to the computer, the operating system uses the file system of the drive to fetch the data stored in it.
However, sometimes it shows an error when connecting it to the computer, i.e. “The file is corrupt and cannot be opened”. This happens when the file on the USB drive gets corrupt. There are numerous reasons that lead to file corruption, which can occur at any point in time as corruption is always uninvited. Before Going to the Solution part, Let’s Understand the User’s Query
Corrupted Files on an USB Drive: User Scenario
“Hi, I have some important files and photos on my USB drive. When I tried to open them, I could not open them because they all got corrupted and showing an error message: “The file is corrupted and cannot be opened”. Please help me recover files from pen drive that are not visible. I really need my files back. Thank you.”
How Did the Files Get Corrupt?
Below are the most common scenarios that may result in corrupted files.
- Sudden power outage due to a low battery charge</
- A computer crashes when you are saving your files.
- If the storage device has some bad sectors
- Presence of malware and viruses on your external storage device.
- A bad update or unexpected computer shutdown
- Physical damage to the device
- Improperly plug out the drive from the USB port
It doesn’t matter what the reason for corruption is. If you are troubled by file corruption but find no way to recover corrupted files from USB, then you do not need to worry; there is a simple solution to fix corrupted files on thumb drive with great ease.
Alternative Solution to Fix Corrupted Files on a USB Drive
Now, there is a simple and effective procedure that you can follow to know how to recover corrupted files from a pen drive in Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7. With USB Recovery software, you can easily recover lost data from USB flash drive without any data loss. In fact, this software not only helps you to recover formatted files from USB flash drive, but it also helps you to recover data lost via any other means, such as accidental deletion, formatting, virus attack, etc.
It is one of the best and most reliable software programs that is capable of recovering exFAT, FAT, and NTFS-formatted external storage drives and supports all brands of USB Flash drives, like Sandisk, Sony, and Samsung, etc. Moreover, the software is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system. It has the ability to recover deleted PDF files from pen drive with a few simple clicks. Additionally, the software is integrated with a lot of amazing features. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Recover and Restore videos, images, PST files, documents, etc.
- Preview the recovered data with associated attributes.
- Fix data from the USB flash drive, USB key, and SD card.
- Filter-Based Advanced Search Option to search within the recovered results.
- Provides a refresh button to view the newly attached pen drive.
- Support to retrieve formatted data from Pen Drive without losing any information.
- Provides the option to save either selected files or complete files after recovery.
- Highlighted, permanently deleted files have a red color.
Few Easy Steps to Corrupted Files on an USB Drive
1: Download & run USB recovery software.
2: Select the “Scan” option to recover deleted or corrupted data.
3: Preview the recovered deleted data from the USB drive. The software will highlight the deleted data in red.
Step 4: Click on “Save” to restore data at any desired location.
Step 5. After the completion of the export process, the software will display the Export Completed Successfully message. Simply hit the OK button.
That’s it; you are done! This is how you can use this utility to recover data from corrupted pen drive.
Tips to Prevent your Drive from Corruption
- Remove the USB drive carefully. Use the “safely remove and eject media” option to remove a USB flash drive instead of just pulling it out.
- Do not drop the USB drive; otherwise, it will be subjected to physical damage and the data in it will be compromised.
- Cap the drive off when not in use.
- The excessive number of bad sectors on the drive leads to drive failure.
- Always eject the external storage drive when the data transfer is complete. If ejection occurs during transfer, it leads to a corrupted file.
Using flash drives like pen drives, SD cards, memory cards, etc. has become so common today. But sometimes it happens due to some unexpected reasons that your flash drives might get corrupted and data stored in them become inaccessible. It will be a very frustrating situation for the users, but with the above-mentioned solution, you can easily fix corrupted files on an USB drive and any storage drives very quickly.
Also, all other USB errors will be fixed with this software. You can start with the demo version of the application. If it satisfies your requirements, then you can switch to the paid version to unlock some advanced features of the software.
Commonly Asked Question
Q: Can I recover damaged data on a flash drive without losing data?
- Download USB File Recovery Software
- Now select the USB partition and click “Scan“.
- A preview of recovered data after USB recovery
- Finally, save all the recovered data on your PC.
Q: How long does it take to recover corrupted files on flash drive?
Yes, the length depends entirely on the number of files and folders. So, talking about this online USB flash drive data recovery magic, it takes less time as compared to all the other magic available on the market.