Find Missing Folder in Outlook – Top Notch Methods
Users Query – Hello a few days back I have deleted some of my files folder from Outlook. But last night I notice that one of my folders is missing which is very important for me. I have tried all methods that I know but nothing happens. Now if anyone knows the method to find missing folder in Outlook, then please suggest it to me.
Well when you discover that one or more folders are missing in Outlook, it might be happening due to an error or something more. Now, if you are one of those who facing this issue and want to fix this, then, here in this write-up we are going to discuss the methods on how to find the missing folders and their items from Outlook.
Now, before going to going to discuss the method let’s first know what are the reasons for the missing folder in Outlook
Note: All instructions in this write-up below are applicable on all version of Outlook like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and below
Reason Behind Missing Folder in Outlook
Missing Outlook folders can be caused by a variety of reasons. And here n this section we are going to discuss some of them.
- There is a chance that the folder you looking for is hidden.
- May the folder and the item of the folder is accidentally deleted or destroyed.
- Internet connection issue or server issue also be teh reason for this missing folder in Outlook
- There is a chance that the Outlook PST file has been corrupted.
Method to Find Missing Folder in Outlook
The folder you are looking for may have already been removed, or it may be lying hidden and you’re not aware of it. Keep all of this in mind, and keep reading the blog to learn about the solutions for finding the lost Outlook 2016 & 2019 folders.
#Method 1: Find Folder Using Advance Search
Many options are available in Outlook 2016 and 2019, and one of them is Advanced Folder Search, which may be used to locate lost folders. It allows the user to search for not just lost or missing Outlook folders, but also Outlook mailbox contents.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
2. Then, on the menu bar, go to the Search tab.
3. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools drop-down menu.
4. When the Advanced Find window appears on the screen, click it.
5. To begin the search, type the name of the lost or missing folder and click the Browse option. The path/location of a lost or missing folder can be found here.
#Method 2: Look for the Trash Folder
We all know that all the deleted files, attachments, messages, and folders are stored in the trash box.
Check the Trash Box (folder) for the lost Outlook folder; if your luck is in, you could discover it there, since you may have removed it accidentally or unwittingly.
1. Open Outlook application on your system
2. On the left side of the screen, select the Bin folder.
3. All deleted/removed objects, including folders, will be available to restore once it is opened.
#Method 3: Check for the Internet Connection
If your Wi-Fi or other internet connection isn’t operating properly, your account may be unable to connect to and sync with the server. Some of your Outlook folders may not show up if you aren’t synchronizing, or if they do, they may be empty. Once your connection is restored, these will most likely refresh.
#Method 4: Repair Corrupted Outlook File
Missing of Outlook folders, files, or items is also happens due to PST corruption and to find missing folders in Outlook is very important to repair the corruption of the PST. Now the good thing is that Outlook already provided a utility that repairs the corruption of the Outlook PST and restores the lost data.
This is known as Outlook Inbox Repair Tool and here in this section, we are going to learn about what is Inbox Repair Tool (i.e., ScanPST.exe) and how to use it to fix the minor corruption from the Outlook file. So if you are looking for a free solution to fix one of the culprits that are responsible for the missing folder from Outlook, then follow the below steps.
Note: To Use the ScanPST file you have to find the location of the executable file.
Location of ScanPST
For Outlook 2007
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
For Outlook 2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2013
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
For Outlook 2016 & 2019
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
Now, once you’ve arrived at the specified place, locate the ScanPST.exe executable file and proceed as follows:
1. To start, you must first close Outlook and all of its associated programs and folders.
2. After you’ve found the location, double-click the .exe to launch it.
3. When the application is launched, click the Browse button to add a PST file.
4. Now, click the Start button to start the procedure.
5. If the scan detects the issue, click the Repair option to begin the repair procedure.
Recommended Method to Find Folder in Outlook
Well, if you are still not able to find the missing folder from Outlook after trying all the above methods including repairing the PST file using ScanPST. Then this section will help you a lot, here we are going to introduce one of the best tool for PST data file recovery option. Because we know that losing of data items is like a nightmare for any user
Outlook Data File Recovery Software is a one-of-a-kind repair tool that has lots of new advanced features, such as the ability to fix severe Outlook corruption. It also allows you to recover permanently deleted things from Outlook and provides a variety of file formats in which to save the recovered or corrected data.
So if you do not want any time-wined or lengthy method to fix the Outlook issue, then you can try this tool. Along with the recovery of the lost folder, this tool is also capable to recover Outlook deleted emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, and other data items.
Well, it a time to conclude the blog, here we have discussed all the best possible methods to find missing folder in Outlook. Now, explore the above-written blog and find out the method that works for you.