Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook Safely – Best Solution
We all use calendars to save important meetings, dates, appointments, and other stuff. But what if, your switch from the existing email client to another email application? How will you export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook application without hassles?
These questions also arise in the head of users who are moving from Lotus Notes to Outlook. And if you are one of them, then this blog is the right place for you. Here you find the best solution to convert Lotus Notes ICS to Outlook.
Now, if we talk about the calendar file format, then Lotus Notes stores all the calendar data in ICS file format. This is a universal file format to store calendar data items but the issue is that users don’t know a method to import Lotus Notes Calendar data to Outlook.
But before preceding the solution part let’s understand what are the reasons for this calendar migration.
Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook – Reasons
- If users switch from IBM Notes to Outlook, and if they need the data of the previous email application then this export process must be needed.
- Lotus Notes is far more complicated to understand than Outlook.
- Outlook offers a higher level of security than Lotus Notes.
- Lotus Notes has a higher maintenance cost and is not so user-friendly.
- Now, after knowing the major reason for this migration process it is time to proceed toward the solution part.
How to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook for Free
When it comes to completing this conversion, there are two options, and we’ll go through both of them in this section. But first, let’s take a look at the free option.
Note: You’ll need both of your email clients Lotus Notes and Outlook to complete this procedure. With an account that has been correctly configured. Otherwise, users may face difficulties if they want to convert Lotus Notes ICS to Outlook manually without these applications installed.
Step-1. Export Lotus Notes Calendar Data
1. In the Lotus Notes, go to the “Calendar” option.
2. From the drop-down options, select “View” and then “Calendar Entries.”
3. Select all of the entries you want to export, then select “File” >> “Export.”
4. After this choose “Save as Type” as “.ics” and browse to the location where you want the output file to be saved.
5. After that, type the name of the calendar file.
6. Finally, select “Export” to create an ICS file from your Lotus Notes calendar.
Step-2. Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
After you’ve completed the Lotus Notes to ICS format export procedure, you’ll need to import the created ICS file into Outlook. To correctly display Lotus Notes calendar items in MS Outlook, you must do the following additional steps: –
1. Go to “File,” then “Open & Export,”
2. Now, choose “Import / Export”.
3. Then select “Import an iCalendar (.ics)” from the drop-down menu and click “Next” to continue.
4. Drag the ICS file into the import wizard of the software and choose “Open.”
5. Finally, utilize this method to import the Lotus Notes calendar into Microsoft Outlook.
Note: Well, if you don’t want to pay any money, then the following method easily export Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook is a pretty handy way. But, there is a risk that the ICS files’ data integrity will be compromised. So, what is the best course of action for completing this task?
The Most Effective Way to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
As previously said, if you want to convert Lotus Notes calendar data to Outlook for free, follow the steps outlined above. Try NSF to PST Converter Tool if you want a safe and efficient approach to do this work.
This is one of the most popular and well-liked tools among experts. The utility allows you to convert Lotus Notes ICS to Outlook in a safe manner without losing any information. Users may also convert Domino Server data to Outlook PST file format with this program. In this program, there are no file size or file limitation restrictions.
Let’s have a look at how the tool works quickly to move Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook.
Step-1. To begin, download and install the software on your computer.
Step-2. Open the software when the installation is complete.
Step-3. Select the radio button for Select NSF File and then select the Add Files or Add Folder option.
Step-4. Select the data item for the calendar.
Step-5. Now choose the destination location where you want the ICS file to be saved.
Step-6. Finally, click the Export option to move Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook safely.
Once the data has been exported, import the Lotus Notes ICS files into Outlook using the manual approach step 2 intrusion.
Also Read : How to Open NSF File in Outlook
If you’re seeking a way to export Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook, we’ve covered two options in this blog post. It is now up to you to decide whether to accomplish the assignment using a free or automated method. As per experts’ recommendations, use the automated solution to convert Lotus Notes ICS to Outlook in a seamless manner.
Do not fall for the wrong solution as that can easily make the task even worse. No user wants to select such a method to move Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook. Hence, going with the expert’s suggestion is the best option available for users so far.