Why Cloud Backup Is Important For Organizations?
Here, in this article, we will discuss why cloud backup is important for organizations and what’s the right way to take backup of Cloud platform such as Microsoft & Google.
Why Cloud Backup Is Important?
Nowadays most businesses are on Cloud. Every organization prefers to store data on the cloud because – it’s flexible, reliable, secure, accessible from anywhere and anytime, etc.
But, as technology is increasing, so the cyber crimes. Although, Cloud platforms such as Microsoft and Google provide the best security. However, it’s not guaranteed that your data is 100% secure.
Moreover, none of these cloud services providing company stores your data into a different server as a backup. So, someone, your data is lost or hacked, then there is no way of getting it back.
Therefore, most of the companies prefer to take backup of their cloud data, so that they will have backup copies of their organization data. This way if your organization’s data is compromised, you can restore back your data to ensure business continuity and for protection against industrial crises.
What are the Various Ways to Backup & Restore Data of Cloud?
Both the backup and restore are equally important. No one just wants to back up their data without knowing the technique to restore it in case of crisis. So, here we will discuss both backup & restore techniques but separately.
Backup: Cloud platform such as Google Cloud (Google Workspace) and Microsoft Cloud (Microsoft 365) offers their own backup solutions (free). These solutions can be used to backup data from cloud accounts.
- Google Workspace: To backup the data of Google Workspace cloud, you can take the help of Google Takeout. It allows to backup Google Workspace emails in MBOX format and downloads other items in default formats.
- Microsoft 365: To backup data of Microsoft 365 cloud, you need to export Office 365 mailbox to PST with eDiscovery wizard. This allows backup emails in PST format for all users.
Even though Google and Microsoft both offer backup services, but in case of Google’s backup can be generated of a single user at a time. And in the case of Microsoft, the working of ediscovery wizard is quite complex. As it requires a good understanding of Azure Admin Center and Powershell commands.
But, to filter that data for backup or easier backup, you can also use third-party tools that are easier to operate than traditional backup solutions.
Restore: Generally, Google or Microsoft doesn’t offer any method to restore the data back into their cloud platform. Although there are some workarounds, but that too can be performed on a single user at a time. Whereas, there are automated tools that offer restore service without any limitations (paid).
Best Way to Backup as well as Restore Data
Why go for different techniques to backup or restore data. Use SysTools Cloud Backup & Restore tool to take backup of Google and Microsoft cloud platforms. This automated tool is completely secured (works on Project Creation – created in Admin Console) and quite easier to operate (simpler UI). In just a few clicks you can backup & restore data anytime just using Admin Id & project details.
Moreover, the tool offers multiple features and functionalities for easier backup or restoring purposes. Check out the official website to read the features of the tool.
Following are the one-line features of the tool:
1. Backup & Restore are available for Google Workspace and Microsoft 365
2. Category & Date-filter options are available for Emails, Contacts, Calendars and Documents
3. Multiple options for fetching User ids.
4. Generates reports after completion of the process.
5. Error handles to handles failed items
Step by Step process to backup cloud data:
1. Download and launch the backup & restore tool and Activate it.
2. Select Source platform from backup configuration section.
3. From the workload section, select the Category of items & set date filter.
4. Go to Source tab to enter Admin Id and project details.
5. From destination tab, select the location to store the cloud backup
6. Go to User tab, fetch the user account for backup
7. Validate the user account and hit Backup button.
Steps by Step process to restore the backup to cloud:
1. Download and launch the backup & restore tool and activate it
2. Select Restore option and choose the destination cloud platform.
3. Go to Source tab to select the location of the backup files to restore.
4. In the destination tab, enter the details of admin id and project.
5. Fetch the user id and mapped with the backup file.
6. Validate the user account and click on Restore button to finish the process.
That’s it! In just less than 10 steps Admin can easily take backup of the complete organization’s cloud account and also restore them whenever necessary. The tool is quite easy to operate and doesn’t even require any technical experience for its working. For guidance and knowing the meaning of each feature, use the Help tab available inside the tool.
Here, in this article, we have discussed why cloud backup is important for organizations. And what are the various techniques to take backup of cloud data and restore it? You can test both the methods for demo account before implementing on all user account. To test the tool, you can use the demo version of the tool that offers 2 free user licenses without any limitation.