What To Do When ScanPST Does Not Work (For OST File)
MS Outlook is a free desktop-based email client developed by Microsoft. It usually stores its data in two file formats: OST and PST. Outlook saves a mailbox copy in the local machine as OST file format. However, what to do if this Offline storage table’s data got corrupted?
Of course, first users will try to repair it via an inbuilt-repair utility that is provided by Microsoft. This utility is also known as Scanpst.exe. Most of the time, Scanpst works to resolve the corruption issues of OST however, sometimes it becomes unable to do so and throws various errors. Some of the most common error messages are the following:
“The Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file xyz_corrupted_sacnpst_fixed.ost. No information can be recovered.”
The only reason to encounter such errors is corruption in Outlook OST. Now, you might be thinking that what makes an OST corrupted and what to do when ScanPST does not work? In order to get the answer to all your queries regarding the same, continue with this article.
Major Reasons For OST File Corruption Issue
Inbox Repair tool only works in minor corruption issues. Below are the factors that make an OST file highly corrupted:
- Virus Attacks: Lethal viruses and Trojans may sometimes attack the Outlook data files and then damage their data. These attacks take Outlook file into the inaccessible state.
- Oversized Outlook File: Outlook has a predefined data storage space for each Outlook version. When this defined storage space becomes full or close to the maximum limit then, the Outlook file becomes corrupted due to oversize.
- High-Level Corruption: Scanpst.exe is capable to fix minor level corruption. When the Outlook data file is highly corrupted, in that case this utility becomes failed to scan the data file. In the case of High-level corruption issue, many users want to know what to do when ScanPST does not work.
- Outlook Re-installation: Sometimes due to re-installation or incomplete installation of the operating system, the Outlook OST files will get corrupted.
- Outlook or Pc Crash: Abruptly shutdown of system due to a power cut problem, network connection error, or improper functioning might lead Outlook OST to corruption issue.
Note: Also the user can read another similar post how to use Scanost to repair OST file
What To Do When ScanPST Does Not Work – Find Complete Solution Here
If the OST file comprises a lot of data and large in size or, if you are working under a slow internet connection then, OST file cannot be re-created. In such case taking the help of an OST deleted email Recovery is the only option left to repair and recover corrupted Outlook OST files. The software is designed with highly programmed algorithms so that, it can recover emails, notes, contacts, tasks, etc., from OST file. Users can repair and restore an OST in multiple file formats such as PST, MSG, HTML, EML, and Office 365. It has the capability to decrypt the OST emails via eliminating S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption. After performing the recovery process, tool highlights the deleted OST items in Red color. One can use its filters to restore only specific items or folders from OST. The software provides Split PST option to avoid large file corruption issues and keeps all the metadata of email messages i.e., Read/ Unread Status, To, Cc, Bcc, etc. It supports all versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS.
Steps to Recover Corrupted Outlook OST File Data
- Launch the Software. Click Add File button to choose the OST file that needs to be recovered
- Once the OST scanning process gets completed, preview the recovered data it in 8 different formats
- Hit the Export button to restore all recovered data items. Or click on the Export Selected button to restore only selected files from OST
- Choose an appropriate Export Option and hit the Export button
In this article, we have covered reasons for OST file corruption and what to do when Scanpst does not work to repair OST file. Scanpst.exe is the free inbox repair utility offered by Microsoft to fix small issues of Outlook data file. When the Outlook OST file gets corrupted and the Inbox Repair Tool is also not responding then, how to resolve the corruption issue? To fix this problem, we have discussed all the possible solutions in this article. Now, users can opt for the solution accordingly.