How to Add/ Transfer Google Calendar to Another Account? Efficiently
Google Calendar keeps track of all the events and meetings to remind you of the same. It is one of the widely used applications of Google Workspace. However, there are several situations when the organization needs to transfer Google Calendar to another account such as a merger or acquisition. At that time, the organizations look for a solution to copy Google Calendar to another account of Google Workspace.
So, after receiving regular queries from the administrators. We bring this article with the complete information and different solutions to this query. After reading this article, we ensure you do not need to worry about the same query again. So, let’s move to the solutions to help out with this issue.
Top 3 Solutions to Add Google Calendar to Another Google Calendar
There are three possible solutions to add the Google Calendar to another Google Workspace account. You will get to know each one in detail.
Solution 1. Change the Ownership of Google Calendar
By using Google Workspace, you can transfer the ownership of the Google Calendar to another account. Through this, the access to Google Calendar is transferred. You can also transfer the events to another account. Let’s see the steps to do this.
1. Transfer Google Calendar to Another Account
- Step 1. Go to the Google Calendar.
- Step 2. Click on the My Calendars option from the left side of the window.
- Step 3. Do hover over the calendar to migrate and then Option > Settings > Sharing.
- Step 4. From the “Share with specific people” section add the people.
- Step 5. Enter the email address of the destination user.
- Step 6. Manage the permissions and then Send.
2. Transfer an event to a calendar you don’t own
- Step 1. After opening the Google Calendar on the computer.
- Step 2. Click on event > options > change owner.
- Step 3. Enter the new owner details and hit on change owner.
Note:– The link sent to the new owner is valid only for 60 days.
Solution 2. Export and Import of Google Calendar
Another solution to transferring Google Calendar to another account is the import and export. You can export the data from Google Calendar into a ZIP file and upload it to the destination Google account.
- Step 1. Launch the Calendar app on the system.
- Step 2. Click on the settings > Import/ Export.
- Step 3. Hit on the Export button to create the resulting ZIP file.
These are the two solutions to add Google Calendar to another Google Calendar. But there are some limitations to them such as requiring technical expertise, not fit for multiple users, and so on. That’s why the experts also try to avoid these methods. The experts recommend an automated solution to move Google Calendar to another account. So, let’s move to the automated solution.
Also Read: How to Perform G Suite to Office 365 Migration Efficiently?
Solution 3. Automated Solution to Transfer Google Calendar to Another Account
G Suite Migration Tool is an automated tool that makes the process easier for even non-tech users. This tool is easy to operate and you do not need to technical expert to use this tool. It is well-versed in migrating multiple users’ Google Calendar to another Google Workspace account. Through this tool, you can complete the process in one attempt. Now, let’s see the steps of the automated tool for the successful G Suite to G Suite migration.
Automated Tool Steps
Step 1. Download and Run the automated tool on the system. In the Source and Destination choose the G Suite as the platform.
Step 2. Choose the option of Calendar under the workload section and apply the Date filter.
Step 3. Now enter the credentials of the Source G Suite account and validate. After the successful validation, click on Next.
Step 4. Complete and validate the Destination G Suite account details.
Step 5. Fetch the users into the automated tool through several options such as Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download template.
Step 6. Now click on the Start Migration button and initiate the process.
Why Automated Tool Recommends By the Experts?
- This tool is well-versed with the latest features to copy Google Calendar to another Google Calendar.
- It maintains the events and meeting details even after the migration.
- The data is safe and secure in between the process. There is no data loss at any stage of the process.
- There is an interactive dashboard in the tool to track the migration process.
- Advanced features such as Delta, Retry, and Re-run are also incorporated into the automated tool.
Getting regular queries on how to transfer Google Calendar to another account. We completed this article to solve the query. Here we have explained all the possible methods whether it is manual or automated. However, there are some limitations of the manual methods because of which experts do not go with these methods. That’s why we also explained the automated solution which is the experts’ choice too. So for an error-free process go with the expert’s advice and use the automated tool to migrate Google Calendar to another account.