Migrate G Suite to G Suite Via Trouble-Free Methods
Looking for a way to migrate from G Suite to G Suite? If yes, then we have a solution to your problem.
There are many G Suite Admins out there, who are facing trouble while executing such migration. Every G Suite Admin knows about Google Data Migration Service (DMS), but still, they face some troubles while executing it.
So, to save you from trouble, we will explain the step-by-step process to migrate G Suite to G Suite using DMS and an automated tool. The automated tool is the alternative to DMS that provide better features and safe migration.
Why G Suite to G Suite Migration Is Required?
Before proceeding with the migration procedure, you better understand if it is best for you. Following are the topmost reasons due to which many organization to perform the G Suite migration:
- To migrate G Suite data of a leaving employee
- For changing Organizational domain name
- To transfer G Suite emails to another account
- For sharing of emails with another G Suite account of different domains
- Collaborating with another organization
But one thing never changes when migrating from G Suite to G Suite is the doubt about the migration process. Many organizations scared of losing or leaking out their data during migration. Or they have doubts about the proper migration. So, to help you with that we have found two solutions:
- Migrate G Suite emails Using Google Data Migration Service
- Transfer Complete G Suite Account Data Using Professional Tool
How to Migrate G Suite to G Suite Account Using DMS
After realizing the troubles that G Suite users are facing, Google provided its own migration platform for its users. This platform is known as Data Migration Service (DMS). Using this migration tool users can transfer their G Suite (emails only) to another G Suite account.
However, there are some flaws in this method, and it’s far from being the perfect method. If your requirement is to migrate a few user’s accounts then, this method is OK for anyone. But, if the important G Suite business accounts need to be migrated then it’s better to prefer a professional approach.
<h4″>Steps to Migrate From G Suite to G Suite using DMS
1. Go to Google Admin Console and Go to the “Data Migration” option
2. Select the migration source as “G Suite” from drop-down
3. Next, select the “Email” for migration.
4. Now, choose the connection protocol as “Recommended” and in Role Account enter source G Suite Admin credentials and Connect.
5. Choose the migration start date (migrate data between that date range).
6. Now, Choose Add User option & select multiple users option
7. Create a CSV file with destination id, source id, source password without any header.
8. After that upload the file by using the Attach File option.
9. Now, click Upload and Start Migration to migrate G Suite to G Suite.
10. You can see the progress report in the Admin Console.
Limitations of Data Migration Service
- Doesn’t allow to migrate emails, contacts, calendars at the same time
- Require Exchange Server to migrate contacts and calendars
- No support to migrate Google Drive data between G Suite accounts.
- Migration of One use account data can take hours or day (slow process)
- Migration of G Suite account to a different domain is quite tricky
- Need to manually enter each user id and password for migration
- No priority option to migrate certain users before others
- No Error handling functionality in case of power/internet connection loss
- Only one way to map user accounts while migrating G Suite to G Suite.
Advantages of Data Migration Service
- The only advantage of the Data migration service is that it’s free.
Migrate G Suite to G Suite Using Automated Tool
The professional solution for fast and easy migration is by using a professional tool like the G Suite migration tool. This software helps you in easy and fast migration of G Suite accounts. All the limitations that users may face using DMS, these professional tool overcomes all of them. Users can migrate emails, contacts, calendars, documents all at the same time. Also, this tool provides multiple filter options for ease of migration.
Try the free demo version of the tool to migrate from G Suite to G Suite & get 2 free licenses for complete G Suite data migration.
Why Choose Automated Tool for Migration?
- Easily migrate multiple G Suite user accounts
- Transfer emails, contacts, calendars, and documents simultaneously
- Migration is possible only using Admin credentials (high security)
- Category selection for emails, contacts, and other applications
- Date Filter for migration of G Suite data of certain date range
- Multiple sources and destination Id user mapping options
- Priority filter to migrate certain users account before others
- Generates complete detailed migration report
- Error handling functionality for protection against power loss or internet connection loss
- Delta migration option to transfer only new or updated data between G Suite accounts
Steps to Migrate G Suite to Another G Suite Account / Domain
1. First, Download and Install G Suite Migration Tool
2. Next, Select the Souce and Destination Platform as “G Suite” from List.
3. Select Category of G Suite data to migrate from the Workload section and apply Date-range filter for selective data migration.
4. Now, enter the Source Admin Id, and Application id and validate both.
5. Now, for Destination also, enter Admin Id, application id & validate both.
6. Select the Source and Destination user id mapping option.
7. Apply priority to migrate selected user first before others and click on the Validate button.
8. After validation, click on the Start button to begin G Suite to G Suite migration.
9. After completion of migration, save the Report to the computer for validation.
For Detailed Steps View: Migration Guide
In this guide, we have explained two methods to migrate G Suite account data to another G Suite account. The first method is by using Google DMS which is suitable for the migration of a few user accounts. Whereas, professional software like the G Suite migration tool is the perfect solution to migrate G Suite to G Suite with ease. So, choose the method which suits you best before starting the migration.