Top 5 Robust Google Workspace Alternatives to Increase Your Business Growth
We look at the best Google Workspace Alternatives for all budgets.
With so many industries and professionals moving to the digital world, a need for tools that support this movement has become a necessity.
The covid-19 pandemic has only acted as a catalyst to this digital arena.
Whether it is a small or a large business, all are on the lookout for a platform that could meet all their requirements to help achieve their end goals. Productivity, team collaboration, and a proper communication channel are some of them.
Google Workspace (earlier known as G Suite and Google Apps) was created with a similar aim in mind. It provides all the tools that the users were looking for. A tool for effective team collaboration, a platform to share information and communicate, productivity suite to stay on track and meet deadlines.
However, because of a few, but impactful reasons people don’t find the Google Workspace sufficient to fulfill their needs. Concern about data safety and an increase in prices make businesses switch to other alternatives.
What are the options that users have? Knowledgeable people of the field already know on which platform they will switch to next. This is not the case for novice users. So, here we discuss the 5 best alternatives that users can pick from when they feel they are done with Google Workspace.
Best 5 Google Workspace Alternatives to choose from
Rackspace is a cloud computing company founded in the U.S.A. The services it offers are almost similar to the Google Workspace and that too is available at a less cost.
Rackspace’s most prominent offering is its Webmail. It serves as the company’s primary email hosting platform. It is also intended to give low-cost web hosting services to small enterprises. However, the webmail features fall short when compared to Google Workspace.
The basic package starts at $2.99/user/month for Rackspace email.
- Rackspace Email is compatible with Outlook by using secure IMAP functions.
- By storing files in the Rackspace Cloud Drive, you can access the files from anywhere and anytime.
- The size of the mailboxes is 25GB and file storage is 30GB, 50MB
- The migrations are free and easy.
- Archiving emails is also possible.
2. Microsoft Office 365
We have been taught to use MS Office since school and that’s why its so familiar for everyone.
Microsoft Office 365 is a productivity suite that needs no introduction. It was launched in 2011 and since then has stood strong as Google Workspace’s competitor.
It is a productivity suite that includes OneDrive for file storage and sharing, Teams for chat-based collaboration, Exchange for email hosting, and SharePoint for web-based collaboration.
Office 365 for business is the Microsoft alternative to Google Workspace.
Ask for Microsoft Office 365 hosting
Basic — $5,00 per user/month
Standard — $12,50 per user/month
Premium — $20,00 per user/month
Office apps & OneDrive — $8,25 per user/month
The features that Office 365 furnishes its users with are:
- 50 GB of mailbox storage,
- 24/7 phone and web support,
- 1 TB of OneDrive file storage,
- Collaborative editing and document creation
- Teams for Clear communication
- Web-based versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook
Note: Out of all the Google Workspace alternatives there is a huge chance users will pick Office 365. The problem lies when they don’t know how to move data from one platform to another especially the emails. For this, they can use the G Suite to Office 365 migration steps. All the data ranging from emails, events, attachments, archive folder, contacts, documents, appointments can be migrated.
Slack entered the industrial world in April 2013, and from then there is no stopping by. It has become one of the most recognized software tools for team collaboration in the world.
The Slack app is free for small teams and the standard package starts at $6.67/user/month, billed annually.
- The Slack app has an intuitive user interface (UI).
- The application directory features over 1,500 apps.
- It even has video call functionality and powerful security features.
- Allows to pin important messages and give reference links to channels.
- It can manage and track documents.
Zoho is considered to be the most affordable alternative to Google Workspace. It is an Indian multinational technology company that produces web-based business tools. The online office suite for which It is popular is Zoho.
Zoho is free for up to 50 users. The Standard package starts at $3/user/month that is billed annually.
It is the first choice for small businesses because of the following reasons:
- Businesses with over 50 users can access all these features and more through the Standard or Professional editions.
- It is an integrated online office application suite that includes a word processor, email hosting platform, web conferencing tools, chat functionality and more.
- The size of its email attachments is around 30 MB
- There are private chat channels available.
- The size limit for file upload for docs is 5 GB. And, Workspace integration is free for up to 50 users.
Unlike Google Workspace that provides all the services, Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc.
It walks hand in hand with Google Drive for business.
Its cloud storage feature has helped companies in team management and collaboration. The other features it provides are file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software.
Dropbox Business makes it simple for team members to share files and folders, edit documents in real-time. it even offers comments, and more by consolidating all information within a secure, centralized repository, all from a single access point.
The Standard package of Dropbox Business starts at $12.50/user/month if billed yearly.
Add e-signs to documents
- Built-in data validation
- Recover deleted or changed Dropbox files within 180 days.
- Granular sharing permissions
- Secure team collaboration
Some Free Alternatives to Google Workspace?
100% free and considered a Google Workspace alternative? You won’t find any. But there are some freemium alternatives that you can consider if you are low on a budget like:
- Zimbra Collaboration Suite
- Kolab Community
More Alternative Blogs: