Resolve OST File is Not Updating Error Free of Cost
General Trivia: Outlook OST File Not Updating Error
Microsoft Outlook has reached to its pinnacle after a lot of efforts and is making merry with all its clients. One of the best parts of MS Outlook is when used with Exchange Server, it makes an Offline OST data file, if used in cached or offline mode while configuring it. OST file is the cached data item of Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox saved in the system that reduces payload on Exchange Server and also renders with Offline Availability. OST data file updates Exchange Mailboxes when connected to the Exchange Server. Sometimes, OST file is not able to update itself properly. In such circumstances, all the users encounter Outlook OST Files Not Updating Properly Error. This gives users with a precise reason to find out Outlook error and a way out to solve the problem.
Instant Solution: Though the problem is very devastating and leads users in dilemma. The users can have a look at OST Recovery Tool.
The software has a robust structure that can solve all the problems in an easier way.
Before trying any other thing, let’s go through a general user’s concern and try to figure out the error.
“Hello, Folks! I am working on MS Outlook since 3 years in an offline mode on my desktop to manage the mailboxes. Last night, while working, I was literally shocked as I wasn’t able to synchronize my Outlook OST files with the Exchange Server even I tried it numerous times. When, I tried to update my Outlook, but it is repeatedly showing OST File is not updating Error. I even deleted my previous OST file records but, it was of no use. Is there any way out? Please Help and Suggest. Thanks in Advance!”
Before proceeding to direct error, let’s find out the Root causes of OST File not updating Properly Error.
- Error while configuring MS Outlook to work on Offline OST file
- The damaged Exchange Server supports all files present on system required for proper synchronization of an OST file
- Incorrect Settings of Outlook Profile/Preference Settings
- Malware invasion on Outlook OST files saved in the hard disk
- Corrupted or damaged OST file can also be the problem
- OST files not recognized by Outlook
There are many other factors that can lead to many errors while updating the Exchange Server Mailboxes with Offline OST files. This can result in many other problems while updating OST files. Though the error seems difficult to resolve, still there are many ways through which the problem can be resolved. In this article, we will also describe the methods through which the problems can be resolved. If the steps won’t work, the users can opt for ScanOST. If the purpose is not fulfilled, users can follow a third party program and get their purpose fulfilled.
Solve the OST File is Not Updating Problem Manually
To solve the problem, first of all check Offline OST file is synced or not with MS Exchange Server Mailbox items. For performing the entire process let’s go through the steps mentioned below:
1. Choose Folder to be checked and right click on it and Open Properties
2. Select the synchronization tab>> Check Statics of the folder
3. In case the synchronization process does not work properly, the items present on server folder comprises of the same number of items present in Offline Folder retains the field and if it is not possible, the users can check the profile settings of MS Outlook
For Outlook 2007/10/13/16 editions, the steps are same. So, we are presenting it in the below-mentioned section.
1. Select File Menu>> Choose Data File Management Option and click it
2. It opens an Account Setting Dialog Box from where you need to opt for email tab
3. Choose Mailbox Account name and click Change Button
4. Make sure that Use Cached Mode Option is selected or not, if it is not opted out, click OK
5. Close Account Settings and MS Outlook. Afterwards, reopen Outlook again
6. Synchronize Offline Folder automatically
To update an Offline Folder, try the steps below. It may work in resolving OST File not Updating Properly problem easily. So, go through the process thoroughly:
1. Click Tool >> Select Option
2. Opt for Mail Setup Tab>> Figure Send immediately when connected checkbox in the Send/Receive Section
3. Opt for Send/Receive option and it displays a dialog box. From the dialog box, check whether Perform an Automatic Send/Receive When Exiting option is enabled
4. Hit on Close and then press Ok
The article describes the entire process easily. The users need to follow all the steps thoroughly and get the desired output. In case, the method does not work, the users can try our OST Extract Software to repair corrupt OST data. It can be claimed as a perfect solution to resolve OST file is Not Updating Error in few seconds.