Import Items From OST File : Find Out Measures to the Same
This problem-tackling article is delivered to educate readers with a solution to import items from OST file. The provided measures will make it easy to extract mailboxes from .ost of Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. Read on to learn more!
An OST file is a storage database file of Microsoft Outlook that exhibits application to work in the offline mode. The basic aim of .ost is that it enables users to work without the internet or the server connectivity. It is possible to attempt activities like draft saving, new mail composition, reading or modifying emails, etc. One need not to worry about changes made in the offline mode because these changes get updated when an internet connection is regained. Fortunately, the MS Exchange server does not impact the OST file.
However, the Outlook OST file is highly prone to corruption or damage. At any instance of time, file synchronization procedure gets started and it might be possible that you receive an error. Sometimes, a situation occurs where unintentionally emails from an OST file gets lost. Whenever such kind of disaster scenarios occurs, users ask for the solution to import items from OST file. The file can be orphaned, damaged, corrupted, or healthy. So, in the upcoming section, one is going to learn both manual and automated approach to extract mailboxes from OST file of Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
Import Items From OST File Manually
Outlook offline data file is the copy of Exchange server database. It is not a portable backup file because it is originated from the server and hence, a server dependent file but, you can generate its copy. In order to recreate a copy of the OST file, you can go through following manual steps :
1. If you find MS Outlook opened then, close it; else skip this step
2. Open Control Panel on your machine and click on Mail option
3. Hit on the E-mail tab, choose Exchange account and click on Change button. Uncheck the checkbox of Use Cached Exchange Mode
4. Click on More Settings button and go to Advanced tab to hit on Offline Folder File Settings
5. Click on the Disable Offline Use and a dialog box will appear in which you have to select Yes option
6. Once again you have to click on Offline Folder File Settings and then, hit on OK >> Yes button
7. Go under the Cached Exchange Mode Settings and enable the checkbox of Use Cached Mode
8. Now in a one-by-one scenario, click on OK >> Next >> Finish button
9. Close both Account Settings and Mail setup wizard dialog box
The manual measure does not exactly extract mailboxes from .ost file instead, it creates an another copy of offline data file. This solution will only be in the workable mode when there is a proper connection between Outlook and Exchange server. The OST file should be error-free and if something goes wrong then, indeed you have to pay high. There is no guarantee that whether items will be copied or not.
There can be any situation where manual approach fails. Now a question arises that what to do then? Don’t worry still a solution exists where users can rely on OST Extractor Tool. The program is a comprehensive method to import items from OST file and then directly save them on the local machine. It extracts all mailboxes folders like emails, calendar, contacts, etc., from browsed .ost file. The major aspect of this application is that it works with any kind of OST file i.e., orphaned, corrupted, and healthy. There is no file size limitation imposed in the product to add an Outlook data file. Below highlighted features will make it more clear that why this solution is recommended:
1. Import Outlook items from an OST file without any supportive platform
2. Extracts permanently lost emails from mailboxes of offline OST file
3. Variety of saving options are offered by tool to save the regained items
4. Presence of the Exchange server is not required for software working
It is quite hard and complicated to import items from OST file manually because several technical challenges come while their execution. The safe and secure approach is OST Exporter tool because it effortlessly retrieves folders from the offline data file. All the challenges will easily be overcome with help of this alternative solution. The recommended measure was tested under different circumstances by experts and as per their review, it gave hundred percent result in all conditions.