How Do I Recall an Email in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016?
Everyone has experienced the heart-breaking feeling of sending a message to the incorrect person. In this situation, you want to recall Outlook email 2021. So, continue reading this informative article to get back Outlook message.
Consider the following scenario: your business partner has requested that you submit a crucial document, and you have just sent the email without embedding the attachment! Isn’t it very embarrassing? But wait, we are here to fix this issue even after sending the mail with the “recall this message” option in Outlook. But before going to the techniques, let’s understand what and why users need to get back deleted emails Outlook.
About Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a worldwide, comprehensive communication platform. Whether you use it at home for personal work or for professional communication, it is a bundle of functionality. It has been designed in such a way that daily information can be easily managed. It has an in-built functionality called “Recall this message”. Hence, email recall in MS Outlook is the action of deleting email messages sent by mistake. On the Other hand, Outlook offers you the ability to send and receive emails, manage your calendar, save contact names and numbers, and monitor your actions. It provides a wide range of services for users, including search, folders, categories, sorting emails in the inbox, searching folders, and more. It stores its data in two file formats, PST (POP Settings) and OST (IMAP Settings).
User Query Recall Outlook Email 2021
“Hello, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2021 edition. I accidentally sent the email to the wrong person, and I want to get it back at any cost. Because the email was very sensitive. Is it possible to recall Outlook an email message that was sent? If yes, then how do I recall an email in Outlook 2021? Please help. “
Why does User need to Get Back Deleted Email Outlook?
You accidentally sent your boss a resume that you wanted to send to another company. Maybe you sent an email without documents attached. Whatever your reasons, sometimes you really need to recall Outlook Messages 2021. Most smartphone communication apps have “Unsend” or “Delete for everyone” buttons, but this is not common for email clients. Fortunately, the only way to recall emails in Outlook is with the native recall feature.
How can Outlook Email be Recalled?
Recall only works on unopened messages in the Outlook desktop app if the message hasn’t been opened, and both you and the receiver both have an email account with Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange in the same company. Here, we mentioned the complete step to get back deleted email Outlook:
- Firstly, open the Outlook application on your PC.
- Secondly, go to the Sent Items folder on the left side.
- Click on the email that you want to recall.
- After opening the email, click on the Actions tab >> Recall the message.
- A pop-up message will provide you two options: Delete unread copies of this message and Delete unread copies and replace them with a new message.
- Choose accordingly and check the “Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient.”
- It will launch a new message wizard with the text from the message you wish to recall and resend. You can now make the required changes to the email body before clicking the Send button.
- Outlook recall message 2021 will not work if the recipient opens the email before the recall request.
- The Outlook email recall function only works in the MS Outlook application.
Steps to Recall Deleted Emails from MS Outlook
Maybe you accidentally deleted an email and want to get back deleted message in Outlook. You can recover a deleted folder if it’s still in your “Deleted Folder”. There is no way to recover permanently deleted folders manually. If you delete an email by using the “delete” button then you can recover individual items from the folder you deleted. To permanently delete a folder by pressing “Shift + Delete”, then it will be complicated to recover deleted folder. However, you can proceed to the next location, which is the hidden “Recoverable Items” folder.
- After opening MS Outlook, click on the Deleted Items folder.
- Ensure that the Home tab is selected in the menu bar and click “Recover Deleted Items from Server”.
- Choose the items that you want to recover >> Restore Selected Items >> Ok.
- Get back deleted email Outlook, if deleted message contains in Deleted Folder.
- This method only works prior to the retention period, which you choose when configuring the Outlook email account.
Professional Way to Recall Outlook Email from PST
The Outlook PST Repair Tool is the best solution to get back deleted emails from Outlook 2021, 2019, and the below version of Outlook. This tool is capable of repairing corrupted PST files without the installation of Outlook. It also remembers deleted folders without changing their formatting. The user interface is a completely simple and easy-to-use tool. Even novice users can easily work with this tool. If your deleted PST file is large in size, then this tool gives you the option to spilt large PST file into a smaller file.
Steps to Recover Deleted Items
- First and foremost, download and run the tool on your Windows machine.
- Secondly, click on the Add File option to upload the PST file.
- Then, choose the folder from the software panel and preview all the email details.
- All corrupt PST files are indicated by red color. This tool recovers them too.
- Now, choose the file format you want to export and hit the Save button.
It is time to summarise the article. We have discussed how to remember Outlook email 2021 effortlessly. Also, we have provided some information about recovering deleted email requirements. “How to remember emails in Outlook” is a query gaining traction on Google, as emails can be sent to the wrong person during the work process. However, many users on the internet search for the same query in different ways, like:
- Can Outlook emails be recalled?
- How can I recover deleted emails from Outlook?
- How do I get my Outlook email back?
But this article will address all the questions and concerns. Thank you.