What exactly happen, when you got to know that your Outlook data file is exceeding its size limit? As we know, due to oversized data files issue you can loss your essential data. It also leads to data corruption problem in MS Outlook.
Therefore, obviously you will try to split large PST file into smaller parts. In order to make your task easy you will surely be looking for an instant solution that will divide large PST file.
Today, we have considered this issue and come up with the different manual and automated solutions that can Split Large Outlook PST Files. However, in this write-up, you will get to know the solutions to resolve your issue instantly.
Simply, read the complete blog to understand how to truncate oversized PST file.
People also ask
- How do you split the large size PST file?
- Can I split a large PST file in Outlook 2007?
- Want to know how I can transfer a large PST file?
- How do I truncate Outlook PST file after archiving?
After considering all the above-mentioned queries, we will disclose multiple techniques to resolve these user’s questions. Let’s begin:
Try automated software to divide large PST file into smaller parts by Size, Date, Year, Folder, and Email ID.
Here, in this section manual methods are discussed to split large PST files into smaller parts. The free solution to split oversized PST file is in two different ways, you can follow any one of them to divide large Outlook data file. Let’s start:
1. Go to File menu, then Account Settings >>Account Settings…
2. Now, the data files option will show, click on the ADD option in the Account Settings wizard.
3. Enter the file name having a file format of .pst and hit on OK to continue the process.
4. A new PST file is created, now you can check the new created file on Data Files.
5. Then, click on option File>>Open & Export option and then choose Import/Export.
6. Now, in the Import/Export wizard, choose the option Export to a File, and hit on the Next.
7. Select the current created Outlook data file (.pst) in Export to a file.
8. To export, select the required folders and also view the Include Sub-folders option.
9. Hit on Browse and choose the desired location to save the exported file.
10. Now, click on the Do not Export Duplicates Item option for removing the duplicate ones and then, click on Finish button.
1. Run MS Outlook application and go to File option.
2. Click on the Info option and then Tools>>Clean up Old Items.
3. Now, choose a Folder to Archive, select a Date in Archive items older than box and hit on Browse to save the archived files at your desired location.
4. Click on OK button to finish the process to divide oversized PST files.
Besides the above mentioned ways, there are more methods to split large PST file into smaller parts which are free to use. But they contain high chance of risk for data loss. Also, high technical knowledge is required to execute these methods.
Therefore, in order to avoid such issues we recommend using an alternative solution which is completely safe and easy to use. Move forward to the upcoming segment, where we will discuss an automatic technique to divide large PST file.
If you want to split oversized PST file using an automated tool, you can use PST Splitter software that is a secure and trustworthy tool in order to resolve your problems. This utility offers 6 unique options to truncate PST file such as split large PST file by Size, Folder, Date, Year, Email-ID and Category.
Also, the application supports to split corrupted or damaged Outlook mailbox component including Emails, Calendars, Notes, Contacts, and Journals with or without installing MS Outlook.
1. Download and Install the Automated Tool on your system.
2. Add PST file/folder(s) and browse desired destination path.
3. Choose required split option (split by size, folder, date, year, email id and category).
4. Then, check summary of split information and click Next to proceed.
5. Finally, the process to split oversized PST files is completed.
The best thing about this application is that you can Split 50 Items Free using the demo version. But, in case you need to split large Outlook PST files more than this size limit, then you have to purchase the full version of this tool.
In this article, we have provided you the best suggestion to Split Large PST File into smaller parts using manual as well as automated solution. But we advised to use the third-party tool as manual methods have their own severe risk and require high technical knowledge to truncate PST file. So, we recommended using the safe and secure automated tool to split oversized PST files.