Outlook Timeout Error – Expert Suggested Solutions
Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft that includes an email application, a calendar, and a task manager. You can use Outlook to send and receive emails, schedule appointments, and manage your tasks.
But one morning while using Outlook you are facing a timeout error. Now, what will you do? Well if you are here then, definitely you are facing this error.
To help you in this blog post, we will elaborate on the methods to resolve the Outlook timeout error. So keep reading the complete guide to getting all details regarding this error. First, start with the problems due to this error and the culprit behind this error in Outlook.
Problems Due to Outlook Timeout Error
Here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the common symptoms or problems that you face when you encounter a timeout error in Outlook.
- Outlook fails to connect to the email server: If Outlook is unable to establish a connection to the email server, it may display a timeout error.
- Outlook is unable to send or receive email: If Outlook is unable to send or receive email, it may be due to a timeout error.
- Outlook becomes unresponsive: If Outlook becomes unresponsive or freezes when you try to send or receive an email, it may be due to a timeout error.
- Error messages: Outlook may display an error message indicating that a timeout error has occurred. The message may include additional information about the cause of the error.
- Reasons For Outlook Timeout Error
A timeout error in Outlook can occur for a variety of reasons. Some common causes of timeout errors include:
- Network issues: If your computer or device is experiencing a slow or unreliable internet connection, it can cause a timeout error in Outlook.
- Server issues: If the email server you are trying to connect to is experiencing issues, it can cause a timeout error in Outlook.
- Incorrect account settings: If your Outlook account settings are incorrect or outdated, it can cause a timeout error.
- Large attachments: If you are trying to send an email with a large attachment, it can cause a timeout error if the attachment exceeds the size limit for your email server.
- Antivirus software: If you have antivirus software installed on your computer, it may be blocking Outlook from accessing the internet.
- Firewall: If you have a firewall installed on your computer, it may be blocking Outlook from accessing the internet.
- Outdated software: If you are using an outdated version of Outlook, it may be causing timeout errors.
Troubleshoot Outlook Timeout Error
After knowing the issue and culprit behind the same here in this section we are going to discuss some methods that give you the right approach to fix this error.
#Method 1: Check the Network
If you are getting this error, then before doing anything else check your internet connectivity. Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. If you are using a wired connection, check that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to your computer and the router. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure that your computer is in range of the router and that the wireless connection is enabled.
#Method 2: Check for Server Issue
The second method that you can try to fix the Outlook timeout error is to check the server. Also, make sure that your account settings are correct and up to date. If you have recently changed your password, you will need to update it in Outlook as well.
#Method 3: Repair Damaged Outlook Data File
As we said above in the reason part that Outlook data file corruption is one of the reasons that are responsible for this issue. So here in this section, we are going to discuss how to fix the damaged Outlook data file
ScanPST or Inbox Repair Tool is a nice approach to fix the corruption issue in Outlook, but the tool is not feasible in every situation. Like not being able to repair a major corrupted Outlook data file, or getting stuck during the repairing process of a large PST.
Now, to make things easy we recommend one of the most trusted and recommended solutions to repair damaged Outlook PST files. The PST File Repairing Tool gives you all options that you can use during the repairing process. Also, the tool gives you the option to save the repaired PST file in another file format.
The Inbox Repair Tool is a utility provided by Microsoft that can scan your data file for errors and attempt to repair them.
1. Close Microsoft Outlook.
2. Locate the Scanpst.exe file on your computer. It’s usually located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
3. Choose scanpst.exe and double-click on it to open.
4. Click the Browse button to select the PST file you want to repair.
5. Once the file is added click on the Start button to begin the Scan process.
6. Wait for the scan to complete. Depending on the size of the PST file and the number of errors it contains, the scan can take a few minutes to an hour or more.
7. If the Inbox Repair Tool finds errors, it will display them in a list. You can then choose to repair the selected errors or repair all errors.
8. At last after the scanning is complete click on the Repair button to fix the damaged PST file.
Outlook timeout error is always frustrating. So, to deal with this issue here in a blog post we have discussed all the possible methods to fix it. Go through the blog post and resolve the issue without any help.