How to Fix Outlook.PST Could Not Be Found Error ?
Outlook.PST Could Not Be Found : Microsoft Outlook is the most widely used email application, well suited for storing both personal and professional emails of user. It is also capable to store contacts, create tasks, journals and notes.
PST files in Outlook are very useful. They store data items by creating a file of the user’s mailbox on the local computer. But, there are circumstances in which PST file becomes corrupted and inaccessible. At that point of time, when a user tries to access damaged file, it displays an error message Outlook.PST could not be found.
Now, there can be many possible reasons behind corrupted Outlook data file. For example, oversized PST file, power failure, network issue, etc. All these reasons make Outlook data file inaccessible which results in different type of errors. Considering this requirement of users in mind, multiple ways to fix Outlook.PST could not be found error are discussed here.
When Does Outlook .PST File Repair Error Occur?
An error message of “Outlook.PST Could Not Be Found” is displayed when any of the following situation occurs:
1. Outlook PST file is stored on a network server that becomes unavailable at some point of time.
2. In the case of corrupted or damaged PST file also, this error is faced by the user.
3. It is hard to find Outlook.pst file location as the file is highly corrupted.
4. If the size of PST file exceeds its predefined maximum limit, it start creating issue.
5. PST files are not supported by any LAN or WAN to create a file of the user’s mailbox.
Multiple Ways to Fix Outlook.PST Could Not Be Found
Here in this section we are going to discuss best techniques to fix the error. So, try the method in order to resolve PST could not be found error.
Method 1 : Using Built-in Repair Tool ( Scanpst.exe )
When the data file is corrupt and cannot be opened, then a user can’t access the PST file or Outlook.pst file missing. In such a situation, the user can make use of the in-built Microsoft Outlook repair tool (scanpst.exe) for Outlook.pst file repair. Scanpst.exe, is an in-built recovery tool provided by Microsoft free of cost, to remove corruption issues. The location of in- built tool depends on the version of Outlook, which the user is working on.
However, there are several problems in Inbox Repair Tool, which make it unsuitable for the user. They are listed as follows:
1. Only useful for minor corrupted PST files. Cannot deal with files which are highly corrupted.
2. The tool is efficient only for files which have small size.
3. Not efficient for encrypted Outlook.pst file repair.
4. Only one PST file is scanned at a particular point of time.
5. Capable to restore the file in PST file format only.
6. No option to preview the data items before their recovery.
7. There is a high risk of Outlook.pst file missing during the repair process.
Method 2 : Using Advanced Tool for Data Recovery
The built-in Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool is not efficient to deal with all the user needs due to its various shortcomings. The user must switch to advanced tools for preparing the corruption of Outlook.pst file of Outlook emails and other data items. EmailDoctor Outlook PST Repair Tool is one such efficient solution that can be helpful in corrupted Outlook data file recovery process.
The prominent features of Outlook Email Recovery Tool, which make it highly beneficial are listed below:
1. Capable to scan more than one PST file at a time.
2. No limitation on the size of PST file to be recovered.
3. Easy Outlook.pst file repair of corrupted & deleted Outlook files.
4. Recover data in multiple formats: HTML , PDF, PST, MSG, EML, OFFICE 365.
5. Decryption of PST file in SMIME and OpenPGP format is possible.
6. No data is lost in the recovery of Outlook PST file.
7. Provision to preview the data items before they are restored.
Also Read: What is Inbox Repair Tool Scanpst.exe?
There are multiple ways to solve the error of “Outlook.PST could not be found” The built-in tool provided by Microsoft has several shortcomings, which make it unsuitable to satisfy the user needs. Thus, to overcome all the shortcomings of manual solution, switch to the advanced tool as discussed in the blog for outlook.pst file repair. Any corruption related problem in the PST file must be dealt with carefully, otherwise it would be impossible to access the PST file. Thus, the solution must be chosen wisely.