Migrate From Gmail to Office 365 Just in Two Simple Steps
G Suite is a phenomenal collection of several handy tools used to simplify business complexities. Gmail is the main product of this application suite and it is currently the most widely used emailing service all around the world. On the other hand, Office 365 is also cloud-hosted productivity, collaboration, and communication platform that groups all the major tools of greater value. Office 365 services are specially designed to meet organizational requirements in terms of reliability, productivity, and safety.
Today, most of the professionals prefer Office 365 over Gmail because of its exponential growth and reliability. This is the reason why users need to migrate from Gmail to Office 365 but they don’t know how. Therefore, in this guide, we will show you the simplest solution to migrate email from Gmail to Office 365 quickly.
Transfer Emails From Gmail to Office 365 in 2 Simple Steps
Step 1. Export All Emails from Your Gmail Account
- First of all, open Google Takeout and login with your Gmail account credentials
- From Select data to include section, click on Deselect All button
Now, scroll your window and check Mail option and this will highlight MBOX format automatically
- Click on All Mail data included button and Choose a specific Label for your archive. Click OK to proceed to migrate email from Gmail to office 365 process
- Once it’s done, hit the Next Step button this will take you to Choose file type, frequency & destination section
- Here, select your desired Delivery method (Send download link via email is recommended), Frequency, .zip as File type and size. After this, hit the Create export button to begin Gmail emails archiving process
- Archive of Google emails will be scheduled right after this and once its done, you will receive an email with your Gmail emails archive. Download archive and unzip it. You’ll find that all your Gmail emails are saved within an MBOX file
Step 2. Import Gmail Contacts into Office 365 account
- Download and launch Import MBOX to Office 365 tool in your Windows machine
- Click on Add File(s) button and add the MBOX file exported above. Click Open to start import email from Gmail to Office 365 process
Check Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and proceed. The software will provide you two different options now:
- With Impersonation – If you are the admin of Office 365 account and you need to import the Gmail MBOX to some user’s mailbox, then choose this option. Enter Office 365 admin credentials and login
- Without Impersonation – If you don’t have Office 365 admin account credentials, then select this option and enter Office 365 User ID and Password to Login
- Select the Emails category and Apply Filters if you want to export MBOX emails of a selected time-period. Click Export
- Migrate emails from Gmail to Office 365 process will begin right after this and the software will display live export report
- Once Gmail emails to Office 365 migration gets completed, open your Office 365 account and you will find a new folder there with the same Gmail MBOX file name and location
- Open that folder and access all your Gmail emails effortlessly with your Office 365 account
How to migrate Gmail to Office 365 is one of the most asked questions by Gmail users. In this article, we have disclosed a simple solution to migrate from Gmail to Office 365 in two simple steps. The solution mentioned here is completely safe and can be performed without any technical assistance. So, no matter if you are tech-savvy or not, you can migrate email from Gmail to Office 365 simply.