How to Fix Invalid XML Error in Outlook Easily
Many users strongly depend on Microsoft Outlook, and if they have any problems, they will not switch to another email software. However, there are some extremely annoying Outlook issues that one must learn to live with or perhaps discover a solution for. And regarding that, Outlook displays an invalid XML error.
It’s a form of error that won’t go away because it will impact the entire Outlook software. In essence, this problem prevents users from opening Microsoft Outlook. Additionally, the error also notes that the view cannot be loaded and that the XML is invalid.
So, if you’re struggling with this perplexing problem and are sincere about finding a solution, you’ve come to the perfect location. In this blog, we’ll talk about how to fix the invalid XML problem that prevents Outlook from starting. But first, let’s understand the underlying problem and what an Outlook XML error is before moving on to the blog.
Definition of an Invalid XML Error
Well, it says “Cannot launch Microsoft Outlook” when the mistake occurs. The Outlook window won’t open. The view cannot be loaded due to invalid XML. And the most annoying aspect is that there are no choices for troubleshooting. Additionally, when you press the OK button, the application will shut down. As a result, the majority of users are unable to fix the Outlook application.
Outlook Invalid XML Error: Causes and Solutions
Well, there are numerous reasons why this Invalid XML issue might occur. And we addressed the most typical ones in this section.
- Because it is recorded in XML and you run into this error if you alter the XML file, the error appears in the navigation pane.
- This malformed XML issue in Outlook may also be caused by a hard disc or Outlook PST file corruption.
- You can get this error if you are using an outdated version of Outlook.
How can the Invalid XML Error be fixed?
Let’s move forward with finding a fix for this mistake now that we are aware of it and its cause of it. And in this section, we’ll talk about some of the greatest remedies for fixing the problem.
Method 1: Reset Navigation Pane
As was previously stated, this problem is being caused by a setting error in the navigation pane. We’ll demonstrate the manual approach for refreshing the navigation pane settings in this section.
1. To open the Run window, first hit Windows + R.
2. Now, type or paste the following command into the Run window.
3. Entering “Outlook.exe /resetnavpane”
4. Run Outlook once more to verify the issue
Method 2: Delete the damaged XML file.
It’s possible that the XML file is faulty and Outlook is unable to read it or reset it if resetting the navigation pane didn’t resolve the problem. A new XML file with default settings will be created if the file is manually deleted, followed by a restart of Outlook. To accomplish thi the task follows the below guidelines.
1. To see the Run dialogue box, use the keyboard shortcut Windows+R.
2. Enter the command “%appdata%MicrosoftOutlook” in the run box.
3. Delete the damaged XML file.
4. This will launch the Windows Explorer window and send you to the Outlook configuration location.
5. This location would most likely contain an XML file with the name “Outlook.xml.”
6. Restart Outlook after deleting this XML document.
7. Continue to the next method if the problem persists.
Method 3: Outlook Data File Repair
If you are still experiencing this problem, there may be corruption in your Outlook PSt file. Therefore, to repair the Outlook data file corruption, utilize the “ScanPST” mailbox repair tool that is included in Outlook and then follow the procedures listed below:
Note: You must first find the ScanPST.exe.
For Outlook 2007
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
For Outlook 2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook Outlook 2010 64 bit
C:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2013
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
For Outlook 2016
64-bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
1. Go to your PST file right now.
2. After that, press the Start button to launch the procedure.
3. Click the Repair button to begin the mending process if the scan reveals the fault.
Best Alternative Technique for Outlook PST File Repair
You might attempt the Outlook Recovery Toolkit if Scanpst.exe was unable to fix the common corruption of the Outlook file. The best way to fix the corrupt Outlook file is to use this repair tool. Without erasing any data, the utility may efficiently repair severely corrupted PST files.
In fact, you have the opportunity to restore lost or deleted Outlook data with this tool. The application also has a repair option for PST files that have password protection.
This concludes the blog; in it, we talked about the Invalid XML Error in Outlook, which prevents the Outlook software from opening. Here, we have made an effort to clarify every source and reason for this problem. We have also discussed all of the potential fixes for this problem.