Steps to Import MSG Files into Outlook 365/Web
Summary: When the email is dragged and dropped from Outlook to the desktop, then it becomes the MSG file. It is used to keep the data private in one file so that you can export Outlook emails to MSG files. But sometimes, there is a requirement to import MSG files into Outlook 365/Office 365. Through this article, you will get to know all the necessary steps to upload an MSG file to Office 365.
The MSG files contain a lot of information such as date, recipient, sender details, complete message, and attachments as well. MSG file format is supported by different email clients such as Outlook.
Office 365 provides different enormous functions to support the organization’s collaboration with the team members. Most of the organizations already shifted to Office 365 and some of them are preparing for it. Let’s find more reasons to upload MSG to Outlook 365 with the MSG files.
Table Of Content
- Reasons to Move MSG Files into Outlook Web/365
- How to Import MSG Files into Outlook 365?
- Final Words
Reasons to Move MSG Files into Outlook Web/365
There are different reasons for choosing Office 365 to upload MSG files. Here are the key reasons.
- With the Office 365 mailbox, you can store all the emails at a centralized location. Through this, you can access all the emails in one place which is efficient to use.
- As Office 365 is based on cloud technology, so you can take advantage of it and access it from any location with the help of the internet.
- Organizations opt for Office 365 for distinct reasons, but one of the major reasons is collaboration. By importing MSG files to Outlook 365, you are able to send emails to anyone. Due to this, the collaboration between the team members increased.
- Sometimes there are chances of data corruption, but if you move MSG files into Outlook 365/Web. Its advanced security algorithms will take care of data corruption or privacy. You also can’t open MSG files with Outlook which is also resolved in Office 365.
- Office 365 has different subscription plans. You can choose anyone as per the requirement to get the available storage in the particular plan.
How to Import MSG Files into Outlook 365?
Now you know why the Importing of MSG files into Outlook 365 is the need of the hour. But the question is how to import MSG files into Office 365/archive without hassle. There are two ways to import MSG files into Outlook Web. One is the manual method other is the expert method.
Both methods are able to achieve the process of importing MSG files to Outlook 365. However, due to some of the limitations of the manual method, it is not advised to use. Here is the complete explanation of both methods to upload MSG files into Office 365. Let’s explore each one in detail.
Move MSG Files into Outlook Web Manually
To move MSG files into Office 365/Web, you need to execute the below steps.
- Step 1. Open the Outlook Application.
- Step 2. Set up the O365 in the Outlook.
- Step 3. By right-clicking on the ID, create a new folder.
- Step 4. Then, in the newly created folder drag and drop the MSG files.
- Step 5. Now, you can see all the MSG files into Outlook.
Why Not Choose the Manual Method?
There are different problems you may face if you are using the manual method to import MSG files into Office 365.
- This is a time-consuming process if you have multiple MSG files.
- If any of the steps is wrongly executed then, the results will not be as per the expectations.
- You need to make sure that you are good at Outlook 365 technicalities.
- Data can be lost in between if Outlook stops working.
Expert’s Method to Import MSG Files into Outlook 365/Web
As you are already aware the manual method and its limitations now. The experts recommend an efficient solution that is error-free and easy to use. The SysTools Office 365 Import Tool is an efficient tool to import MSG files into Office 365 or Office 365 archives as per the expert’s recommendations.
It fulfills all of the limitations of the manual method. This tool provides all the necessary features that are required for the seamless importing of MSG files to Office 365.
Prominent Features of the Expert’s Recommended Tool
Here are some of the prominent features of the expert’s recommended tool, that make the process simpler and more efficient.
- You can select the relevant data by applying the Date Filter.
- The complete process can be tracked with the help of an Interactive Dashboard.
- Advanced Features such as Re-Run, Retry, and Delta Import as well.
- After the completion of the process, a complete report is generated.
Import MSG Files into Outlook 365/Web Step-By-Step
Step 1. Download and Choose MSG as the Source & Office 365 as the destination as per need.
Note: – If you want to import MSG files to O365Archive, then choose O365archive as the destination and the rest of the steps are the same.
Step 2. Under the workload section, tick the Email.
Step 3. Enter the path of the MSG file and complete the destination details.
Step 4. Load the users and Start Import.
By dragging and dropping the email to the desktop, you can create an MSG file. As per the requirements of different unique features of Office 365, you need to move MSG files to Outlook 365. Through this article, we have explained the manual and expert methods to import MSG files into Outlook 365 with the complete steps. Therefore you can choose anyone as per your need.