Import Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook 2011 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 Just in 3 Steps
Summary: In this article, we will show you how to import MBOX file of Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 Mac, 2013, and 2019 Mac in just 3 simple steps. The method given here supports all the MBOX files generated by Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Mavericks, Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan, macOS Mojave.
Are you the one who want to import Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook 2011 but don’t know how to do this? If your answer is YES, then this article is just meant to you.
So, let’s begin with a quick introduction to both email clients and take a quick look on the reasons to perform this migration.
- Apple Mail is a default email client that comes pre-configured with every Mac OS X 10.0 and later machine. It is an eminent emailing service offered by Apple that allows users to send / receive emails over the Internet, manage contacts, schedule meetings, and set reminders.
- Outlook for Mac is another amazing personal information manager designed by Microsoft that can be used as an email application, contact manager, task manager, note taker and so much more. It is designed for almost all types of OS X including Windows and Mac OS X.
Now you might be thinking if both of these email clients works fine then, why users need to import MBOX file to Outlook 2016 Mac? Well, this is so because users face so many technical issues with Apple Mail and sometimes due to some other reasons also users need to perform such migration.
Main Reasons to Import Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook 2011
- Apple Mail is not very good at archiving Inbox emails due to which sometimes the archived emails get appeared into Inbox folder
- Apple Mail does not provide an option to forward emails and it makes difficult for users to work with it
- There are no new features included in Apple Mail in past years while other email clients like Outlook is loaded with so many handy features to make email management easier for the end-users
- Microsoft Outlook is easy to use, comprises an attractive GUI and provides high-level security
Because of all these eminent features of Microsoft Outlook, users are inclining more towards it and searching the queries like how to export Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 for Mac.
How to Import Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook 2011 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019?
The complete process to import MBOX file of Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 Mac is divided into three major steps and it is recommended to follow the guidelines sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss.
Step 1. Export MBOX from Apple Mail
- Launch Apple Mail application on your Mac machine and select all the mailboxes you want to export as MBOX
- Click on Mailbox >> Export Mailbox
- Select an existing folder or create a new folder to save the exported MBOX and click Choose
- Navigate to the destination location and you will get the exported MBOX there. In case if you have already exported mailboxes in the location, the previous mailboxes will not be overwrite
Step 2. Convert MBOX to Outlook 2011 PST on Mac
- Download and launch Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook PST Converter tool on your Mac machine to proceed export Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 for Mac process
- Click Add File(s) / Add Folder(s) button and add the exported Apple Mail MBOX file / folder to the software
- After adding the MBOX file, preview file name, path, and size. Click Next
- Select PST as Export option and check Maintain Folder Hierarchy option if you want to keep the original folder hierarchy intact even after the conversion
- Click Advanced Settings button to customize the resultant PST. Now, you can Create a Single PST, Split PST, apply Date Filter. Click Save to apply the settings
- Select a destination location to save the exported PST and click Export
- All the Apple Mail MBOX files will start converting into Outlook 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 supported PST file format
- Once the conversion process gets done, navigate to the selected location and check the converted PST files
Step 3. Import Converted PST into Outlook 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019
Choose the Mac Outlook version in which you want to import MBOX file of Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 Mac and follow the steps given below:
Import PST to Outlook 2011 / 2013 for Mac
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2011 in your Mac machine
- Click on File >> Import
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst or .olm) option from the Import window and click Next arrow
- Select Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) option and hit the Next arrow
- Now, browse a location to save the PST in Mac Outlook 2011. Click Import
- Once Outlook has finished importing your data prompt appears, click Done
Import PST to Outlook 2016 / 2019 for Mac
- Launch Outlook for Mac in your Mac machine
- Click on Tools and select Import option
- Select Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) option from the Import wizard. Click Continue
- Locate the exported Apple Mail .pst and click Import
- Once import MBOX file to Outlook 2016 Mac / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 process gets done, the imported Apple Mail MBOX emails will appear in Mac Outlook mailbox
How to import Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 is one the most asked queries by Mac Outlook users. In this article, we have disclosed a very simple technique to accomplish export Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 for Mac task within a few simple clicks. From now on users will face no issues while importing Apple Mail emails to Outlook 2011 for Mac and other versions.