Gmail Contacts Not Showing in Outlook? Try This
Perhaps Gmail is a free emailing service still so many users are inclining towards Microsoft Outlook, which is a paid email client. This is so because MS Outlook is way more professional and comprises amazing features. Its user interface is simple and designed with a unique layout.
Even after all these amazing features, importing contacts to MS Outlook from Gmail account was never easy and whenever users try to do so, they end up with issues like Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook. Don’t you believe us? OK, read a real-time user query that we’ve picked from a forum site:
“Bonjour! I’ve been using Gmail for the past few years but now I’ve decided to switch myself to MS Outlook. I tried importing Gmail Contacts to my new email client but, after performing this task my Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook. I don’t know what’s causing Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook 2016 issue. I surfed the Internet and found no solution to the same issue. Is anyone out there who can help me to resolve Gmail Contacts not importing to Outlook issue? Thanks in advance!”
So, even if you have imported your Gmail Contacts to Outlook, you can encounter issues like Gmail Contacts not syncing with Outlook 2016. Therefore in this article, we will show you a simple solution to fix Gmail Contacts not showing up in Outlook issue. And…here we go!
Gmail Contacts Not Showing in Outlook: Why?
For importing Gmail Contacts to MS Outlook, we have two methods: first configuring Gmail account to MS Outlook and the other is Import and Export. However, some users don’t want to configure the Gmail account into their MS Outlook due to some security reasons also, this method is not that much suitable for non-technical users as it requires proper technical expertise over port numbers, security type, and other information.
This is why most of the users prefer Import/Export method and cease up with issues like Gmail Contacts not showing up in Outlook. This error basically occurs because the exported Gmail Contact file is not compatible with Outlook CSV or vCard.
How to Fix Gmail Contacts Not Showing in Outlook Issue?
In order to resolve Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook 2016 problem, it is recommended to follow the steps below sequentially:
#Step 1: Export Contacts from Gmail
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account and click on the Google Apps icon. Select Contacts
- All your Google Contacts will be listed on your screen. Select all the contacts you want to sync or import to MS Outlook
- Hit the Export button and choose the CSV file format as the export option
- Browse a destination location to save the resultant file and click Export
- Right after this moment, all your Gmail Contacts will be exported into a Google CSV file
#Step 2: Make Gmail Contacts Outlook Compatible (KEY STEP)
As we’ve mentioned above that Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook issue occurs due to the incompatibility of the Gmail Contacts file with Outlook. Hence, it is necessary to make the exported Gmail Contacts CSV MS Outlook compatible and below is how to do this:
- Download and run CSV Contacts to vCard Converter on your Windows machine
Note: Mac users are recommended to download Mac CSV Contacts Converter for the same.
- Click on the Browse button and add the contact CSV you have exported above to proceed to resolve Gmail Contacts not syncing with Outlook 2016 issue
- Preview Google Contacts and check if the exported contact CSV seems well formatted. If it isn’t then open this file in MS Excel and format it correctly. Click Next
- After this, map all the CSV Contacts Fields with vCard Columns and once done with mapping all the columns, hit the Next button
- Select vCard v3.0 or v4.0 and select Create Single vCard for all Contacts and Allow to Import Empty Email Addresses options. Browse a destination location and click Convert
All the Google Contacts CSV will get converted into vCard file format and you can start fixing Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook issue
#Step 3: Import Google Contacts to Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook and click on File >> Open&Export >> Import/Export
- Select Import from another program or file and select Contacts folder
- Browse the converted vCard from your local machine. Click Open
All your Gmail Contacts will get imported and synced with Outlook Contact List.
Gmail Contacts not showing in Outlook is a common query asked by Gmail and Outlook users. This article describes an instant and easy solution to get to rid of Gmail Contacts not syncing with Outlook 2016 issue. The solution given here is completely secure and even non-technical users can perform this without any technical expertise.