How to Export Gmail Emails to PST File? Best Ways
Summary: Want to export Gmail emails to PST and save it on your system? Follow this article step by step for exporting emails from such a popular email client.
Gmail has a large user base of more than 2.2 billion active users. It is a fast and free-of-cost email service provider that provides a large amount of storage space without needing to pay. Gmail can be accessed easily using an internet browser.
It is one of the most secure email applications that is blindly trusted by a large number of people. Given the demand of people trying to export their data, Google has introduced the Google Takeout feature to enable users to export the data into the respective formats.
No application is free from cyber crimes or hacking. The same goes with Gmail also, so if you want to ensure the safety of your data, you must create a copy of it. In this article, we shall learn how to perform this export process in the most effective way.
Automatically Export Emails from Gmail to PST
If you do not want to perform the manual method, you can opt for a direct tool to take backup of Gmail emails. This software is easy to use. You simply have to install it and enter the Gmail credentials. Next, apply settings and export Gmail emails to PST format.
This does not require you to download the emails from Gmail on your desktop since it directly interacts with your Gmail account.
- Export All Emails with Attachments from Gmail to PST Format.
- Export Gmail Contacts, Calendars, and Documents Locally.
- Delete after Download Option to Clear Gmail Account Data.
- Date Filter, Pause & Resume, and Incremental Backup Features.
- Easily Download and Run the Tool on Mac and Windows OS.
Software Steps for Exporting Gmail Emails to PST
Follow the steps to directly export Gmail emails into the PST file format:
Step-1: Open Tool and Login with Gmail Credentials.
Step-2: Next, Select PST as a Email Format.
Step-3: Select Destination Location to Export Gmail Emails to PST.
Step-4: Apply Export Options and Click on Start Button.
How to Transfer Gmail Emails to PST File Manually?
The internal feature of Google allows us to export its emails in MBOX format. This format can store the emails of an entire folder in a single database file. The issue arises in converting this file into the PST format. We shall learn how to perform this conversion but first, let us find out how to export Google emails:
- The first step is to sign in to your Gmail account using valid credentials
- Now, click on the ‘Manage your Google Account’ button (https://myaccount.google.com/)
- Tap on the “Data & Privacy” option from the menu on the left and scroll down
- Click on “Download your data” from the “Data from apps and services you use” section
- On the next page, find the “Mail” option from the huge list of options provided
- Hit on the Next button. Here, select the file type, frequency, and destination. Select ‘Create Export’
- Google will process your request and export Gmail emails shortly.
Best Way to Export Gmail Emails to PST Format
Following the above-given guide, you can easily save the emails. The next step is to convert the data into the PST file format. For this, MBOX to PST Converter is the ideal solution. Also, you can export emails from Gmail to PDF format. It is the number one choice of professionals and provides multiple benefits.
Best tool for exporting Gmail emails into the PST file format. Get the additional features of the application:
- Export multiple emails into PST and several other formats.
- Can process MBS and MBX files securely and easily.
- Feature to process even the orphan source files.
- Can export the attachments of each file efficiently.
- Saves the files using several naming conventions.
Steps to Transfer Gmail Emails to PST Format
These are the steps to transfer the exported Gmail emails into PST format:
Step-1: Download and Open The Tool
Step-2: Next, Click on Add File and Browse Gmail MBOX Files
Step-3: Preview All Loaded Emails with Attachments
Step-4: Finally, Select PST as a Export Types
In this article, we have seen how one can export Gmail emails to PST. We have listed two different methods for you to execute. Both of the methods are tried & tested and ensure that the safety of your data is maintained. Users can opt for any of the ways listed without worrying about their data.