How to Export Gmail Emails to PST? – Exporting Gmail to PST Format
Summary: Want to export Gmail emails to PST and save it on your system? Follow this article step by step for exporting emails from such a popular email client.
Gmail has a large user base of more than 2.2 billion active users. It is a fast and free-of-cost email service provider that provides a large amount of storage space without needing to pay. Gmail can be accessed easily using an internet browser.
It is one of the most secure email applications that is blindly trusted by a large number of people. Given the demand of people trying to export their data, Google has introduced the Google Takeout feature to enable users to export the data into the respective formats.
No application is free from cyber crimes or hacking. The same goes with Gmail also, so if you want to ensure the safety of your data, you must create a copy of it. In this article, we shall learn how to perform this export process in the most effective way.
How to Export Gmail Emails to PST?
The internal feature of Google allows us to export its emails in MBOX format. This format can store the mails of an entire folder in a single database file. The issue arises in converting this file into the PST format. We shall learn how to perform this conversion but first, let us find out how to export Google emails:
- The first step is to sign in to your Gmail account using valid credentials.
- Now, click on the ‘Manage your Google Account’ button (https://myaccount.google.com/)
- Tap on the “Data & Privacy” option from the menu on the left and scroll down.
- Click on “Download your data” from the “Data from apps and services you use” section.
- On the next page, find the “Mail” option from the huge list of options provided.
- Hit on the Next button. Here, select the file type, frequency, and destination. Select ‘Create Export’.
- Google will process your request and export Gmail emails shortly.
Exporting Gmail Emails to PST Format
Following the above-given guide, you can easily save the emails. The next step is to convert the data into the PST file format. For this, MBOX to PST Converter is the ideal solution. It is the number one choice of professionals and provides several benefits as listed below:
- Export multiple emails into PST and several other formats
- Can process MBS and MBX files securely and easily
- Feature to process even the orphan source files
- Can export the attachments of each file efficiently
- Saves the files using several naming conventions
Automatically Export Emails from Gmail to PST
If you do not want to perform the above-mentioned tasks, you can opt for a direct tool to take backup of Gmail emails. This software is easy to use. You simply have to install it, enter the Gmail credentials. Next, apply settings and export the files.
This does not require you to download the emails from Gmail on your desktop since it directly interacts with your Gmail account.
In this article, we have seen how one can export Gmail emails to PST. We have listed two different methods for you to execute. Both of the methods are tried & tested and ensure that the safety of your data is maintained. Users can opt for any of the ways listed without worrying about their data.