How to Export All Contacts from Outlook to vCard File Format?
Summary: Learn different ways to export Outlook contacts to vCard so they can be shared across different platforms. Find out how you can access your Outlook contact list in many other applications.
MS Outlook provides you various advanced features which makes it one of the most popular email clients. It stores your data in PST file format in your system which cannot be opened by any other application.
So, if you have a list of multiple Outlook contacts and want to open it using another email client or device, you will need to export contacts from Outlook to vCard. Because the vCard file format is one that is supported by many desktop based email clients, webmail servers, and cloud servers. Furthermore, vCard also known as VCF file is a standard contact file that has dedicated fields for storing someone’s details, contact details, etc.
“User Query: I have Outlook PST contacts saved in my computer but since I am no longer an Outlook user, I am finding it difficult to read them. How can I access them?“
If you are also facing a similar problem, then keep reading this article to get your answers.
Table of Content
How to Export Outlook Contacts to vCard? Expert Recommended
There can be two different possible situations with your Outlook contacts, and there are two different ways to tackle each issue. In case, you have Outlook application installed, then you can go either for manual or the automated solution depending on your choice. But in case you do not have MS Outlook installed as we have seen in the user’s query, you cannot go for the manual solution. Hence, it becomes essential to use the expert recommended software.
Since more users are making this migration from Outlook depending upon their needs. We often get queries on how to perform certain tasks without Outlook application. But no worries, we found the best answer to all of these queries. As vCard Export Tool is an ideal tool to meet all your requirements to export contacts from Outlook to vCard file.
Best Features of the Software
This software is an advanced solution for this conversion but it even contains some noteworthy features of the tool, such as-
- Tool can export multiple contacts from Outlook to vCard.
- Apart from this, this software also creates vCard files of all versions i.e. 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0. So, it will be easy for you to access the contacts later in any application or server.
- Even it supports to transfer contact photos from Outlook contacts to vCard.
- The resulting vCard file is supported by most software/devices for easy access.
- Similarly, one can easily export Outlook contacts to vCard even from damaged, corrupted, password protected PST files.
- Plus, the software quickly scans contact files before adding them to the dashboard.
- Preserves data integrity and user details of each contact while exporting.
- Moreover, this tool even exports all fields and attributes of Contacts files on Windows OS to vCard file format.
- Secure and direct tool that can run on any Windows operating system version. As it supports all the latest and older versions of Windows including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and etc.
Five Steps to Export Outlook Contacts to vCard File
- Download and launch the software on machine and then browse the Outlook data file(s) or folder. You can also let the software automatically pick the files from your device. Then, tap Add to access contacts.
2. Next, the software will scan the files added for any type of corruption. Once it checks, it will add them to the software interface.
3. Here, you can preview all the details of these Outlook contacts. Now, select the contacts that you want to export.
4. Then, choose vCard as your destined format. Click on Advanced Settings and select the required vCard version i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0. Also, check the box if you want to merge all contacts into a single resultant vCard file.
5. Finally, provide a destination to save the file on PC and click on the Export button to begin the process.
The software in no time will generate the vCard contacts that you can use with other email clients by importing them.
Manually Export Contacts from MS Outlook Into VCF File
First of all, launch MS Outlook and click on the three dots from the below section, here select the “People” icon.
Select the contacts you want to export.
From the top Share menu, click Forward Contacts > As a Business Card.
You now have an email ready with the vCard attached to the message. This process will take time depending on the contacts you have selected to export.
In this way, you can export Outlook contacts to vCard manually. However, there are always some drawbacks attached to the manual process as the application is not initially intended for shortcuts. In short, this method does not guarantee you to save contact pictures.
Second, if you are not an Outlook user, you cannot apply this method at any cost. This method proves to be useless if your Outlook account is not working properly. Also, if you have a corrupt PST file lying around in your computer system, it will never work.
In this blog, we have explained two simple yet effective methods to export contacts from Outlook to vCard. Here we have explained to you the manual contacts migration way from Outlook to vCard. Since there are a couple of limitations imposed manually, we have provided you with an alternate and smarter solution too. The expert method is for users who want to perform the task in bulk and do not want to mess up their data by even a single bit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How do I export contacts from Outlook to vCard file securely?
- To do this, download the tool on PC.
- Add the Outlook data file to the software.
- Select vCard file format as the export option.
- Apply additional settings to the output file.
- Tap on the Change button to set the location to PC.
- Finally, hit the Export button to initiate the process.
Q- Do I need to have Outlook application installed to operate this tool?
Answer- No, it is an advanced and standalone application which can work without installation of any other application. So, yes, you can operate it without Outlook application.
Q- Can I go for vCard 4.0 with the help of this tool?
Answer- Yes, this tool allows you to choose any version of vCard format like vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, vCard 4.0 versions as required.
Q- I want to create a file of all Outlook contacts in vCard. Is it possible with this device?
Answer- Yes, with the help of this tool you can easily create a vCard by merging all the contacts while exporting. Also, while doing this, there will be no manipulation of the data of the existing contacts in Outlook.