Export Contacts from Outlook to vCard | Informative Solution
Summary: Learn different ways to export contacts from Outlook to vCard to share them over different platforms. Find out how you can access your contact list in many other applications.
MS Outlook provides you with various advanced features making it one of the most popular email clients. It stores your data in your system in PST file format which cannot be opened by any other application.
So, if you have a list of PST contacts and want to open it using another email client or device, you will have to export Outlook contacts to vCard. A vCard also known as VCF is a standard contact file that has dedicated fields to store someone’s details, contact details, etc.
“I have Outlook PST contacts saved in my computer but since I am not an Outlook user anymore, I am finding difficulty in reading them. How can I access them?”
If you are having similar problems, then keep reading this article to get your answers.
How to Export Contacts From Outlook to vCard?
There can be two different possible situations with your Outlook contacts there are two different ways to tackle each issue. If you have Outlook, then you can go for the manual or the automated solution depending on your choice. But in case you do not have MS Outlook with you as we have seen in the user’s query, you cannot go for the manual solution. It becomes essential to use the software.
Since more users are making this transition from Outlook, we often get queries on how to perform certain tasks without Outlook. After having researched a lot, we found the best answer to all of these queries. vCard Export Tool is an ideal tool to meet all your requirements. Here are some noteworthy features of the tool.
Best Features of the Software
- The tool can export multiple contacts from Outlook to vCard.
- Produces vCard files of all versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0.
- Supports migrating the contact photo from Outlook to vCard.
- The resultant vCard file is supported by the majority of the software/devices.
- Compatible with damaged, corrupted, password-protected PST files.
- The software quickly scans the contact files before adding them.
- Preserves the data integrity & details during the conversion.
- Exports all fields and attributes of the contact files into vCards.
Steps for Exporting Contacts from Outlook to vCard
- Download and launch the vCard Export Software and add Outlook PST file(s) or folder. You can also let the software automatically pick the files from your device.
2. Next, the software will scan the files added for any type of corruption. Once it checks, it will add them to the software interface.
3. Here, you can preview all the details of these contacts. Now, select the contacts that you want to export.
4. Then, choose vCard as your destined format. Click on Advanced Settings and select the required vCard version i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0. Check the box if you want to merge all contacts into a single vCard file.
5. Finally, provide a destination to save the file and click on the Export button to begin the process.
The software in no time will generate the vCard contacts that you can use with other clients.
Manually Export Contacts from MS Outlook Into vCard
- Launch MS Outlook and click on the “Contacts” icon.
- Select the contacts that you wish to export.
- From the top menu, click on Forward Contact > As a Business Card.
- You now have an email ready with contacts attached.
- Save the email and go to the Drafts folder.
- Select your email, tap on File & choose to save attachments.
- It will show you the list of contacts.
- Save them in the desired location on your computer.
This is how you can export contacts from Outlook to vCard, the manual process always has some drawbacks associated with them because the application is initially not intended for shortcuts. This method does not guarantee you to save contact pictures.
Second, if you are not an Outlook user, you cannot implement this method at any cost. This method proves to be useless if your Outlook account is not working perfectly. Also, if you have a corrupt PST file lying in your computer system, this will never work.
In this blog, we have explained two simple yet effective methods to export contacts from Outlook to vCard. Here we have explained to you the manual contacts migration way from Outlook to vCard. Since there are a couple of limitations imposed manually, we have provided you with an alternate and smarter solution too. The expert method is for users who want to perform the task in bulk and do not want to mess up their data by even a single bit.