Exchange is Not Receiving External Emails: Causes & Solutions
Microsoft Exchange is not receiving external emails & some more critical errors can arise at the time of corruption in the Windows Operating System. During such errors, it becomes difficult to access a program as the working of Exchange becomes very slow. These errors irritate users to a very much extent and create hurdles in between the work. Moreover, when accessing various applications at once users may encounter freezing & crash in Microsoft Exchange Server. There are different causes behind the errors, let us go through them before discussing the solutions.
Reasons Behind “Exchange Server Unable to Receive External Email” Error
1. Excessive startup entries
2. Hardware or RAM decline
3. Fragmented files
4. Registry errors
5. Corruption in EDB Files
6. Installation of unnecessary or redundant programs and so on.
Exchange Server External Email Error Symptoms
- Exchange Server 2016 cannot receive external email error will appear resulting in the crash of the current program window
- Your system starts crashing regularly displaying the error “Exchange Server is not receiving external error” in running the same application
- The speed of Windows will become less & keyboard or mouse input is sluggish
- The system will start freezing for a certain period on a frequent basis.
Tip: Quick Fix of Exchange is Not Receiving External Emails Error
If corrupted or damaged Exchange EDB file is responsible for this error, you can fix this with
Exchange EDB Recovery Tool. This software can easily remove corruption from the EDB file. Users can use this utility to recover mailbox from EDB file Exchange 2016/2013/2010 & below version and export them directly to the Live Exchange Server mailboxes, Office 365 and various file formats in a simplified manner. To back up the Exchange data, you can easily convert Exchange mailbox to PST, EML, HTML, MBOX, PDF, MSG file formats in a hassle freeway.
After understanding the reasons as well as symptoms of the error, now to resolve the error follow these steps:
- First, you should check the email in which the problem is occurring. You can easily check it by sending the test mail from any external account to the internal account.
- Now, go to the Exchange Management Console (EMC) & select Toolbox.
- After this, click on the Message Tracking option. As soon as it is done, a login window will occur. For the completion of the login process, execute these steps:
- Firstly, search for mails that are received
- Now, choose the user
- Then, type in the email address from where you have generated the test mail
- Click on OK button
- After receiving the search results, make double-click on it and get the details. In case the failure of the delivery report, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Start menu & choose services.msc, then hit on Enter key.
- Now, under the Services window, locate the Microsoft Exchange Transport & right-click on it to choose Restart
- Once the service is restarted, perform the external mail text again to fix the problem
- Hit and Trail Solution for Exchange Server Not Receiving External Emails
- Firstly, put the server of a local DNS server in outer DNS lookups. For this, you need to go under services settings & then set the IP of the local DNS server for outer DNS lookups.
- Now, restart MS Exchange transport & Front end services both.
- Perform the modification in the Host file. For this, open the host file of MS Exchange Server 2013/2016 & enter below-mentioned entries: 10.10.10.100 mailserver 10.10.10.100 mailserver.yourdomain.com
Exchange EDB Recovery: An Expert Solution
As mentioned above, one of the factors for the origin of the error “Exchange Server Unable to Receive External Email” is the corruption in Exchange EDB database files. Therefore, to resolve this issue accurately, users need a third-party tool. However, it is very important to pick trustworthy software, such as Exchange EDB Recovery. This software can repair both public and private Exchange files.
It has the potential to recover the deleted emails from the Exchange mailbox. In Addition, users can rescan the same file and even migrate the recovered EDB files into Outlook and Live Exchange Server. There is no file size limitation and the tool is compatible with Exchange Server 2016, 2013 & all the below versions.
The Bottom Line
The increasing popularity of Microsoft Exchange Server cannot be undervalued. With its increasing number of users, the queries related to some associated errors are also increasing. One such error is Exchange is not receiving external emails. There are so many users who want to know how to resolve Exchange Server 2016 cannot receive external email issues, but they failed to find any relevant solution. Therefore, keeping all these things in mind, in the above blog, we have introduced some methods to get out of this trouble easily.