How to Change PDF Security Settings? Guide
Sometimes users fall into such cases where they are having several Secured PDF files and require Unlocking them and changing the PDF protection settings. If you are one of those searching for a solution to this problem and looking for the best solution. Then, this post will surely help to change PDF security settings of owner-level locked Adobe PDF files.
Anything is possible online in the information age, creating a need to protect personal information, both online and offline. Now that you know how to password protect digital documents, do you know how to change security settings on PDF security?
When it comes to PDF security settings, the first concept that comes to mind is two levels of password protection: open password and owner password. This post will focus on how to how to edit document restrictions for PDF files on Windows and Mac.
Types of Security Levels Included in a PDF
Generally, there are two types of security levels that can be added to a PDF file(s).
- User Level or Document Viewing Security Level: In user-level protection, the user can lock the entire PDF and make it a secured PDF file. If the other user wants to view the PDF file, then the user will be required to enter the password.
- Owner Level or Password Restricted Level: On the other hand, in Owner Lever Security, the user can view the PDF file (if there is no user-level protection). However, they won’t be able to Edit, Copy, Print or Extract Pages. Basically, some options will be greyed out which are restricted to use.
So, if you have password–restricted PDF file and want to edit security settings on PDF. Then in the next section, we will be explaining a smart and quick method to know how to edit document restrictions for PDF.
Instant Solution to Change PDF Security Settings
We know that there are several users who use the Adobe Acrobat application to view their PDF files. But when they have to work on secured PDF files. Then it becomes a headache. That’s why users are required to make changes in the PDF security settings to unlock the other feature which they need to use. So, by using this PDF Password Remover users can easily perform the task to remove all the restrictions from the PDF.
Moreover, this tool supports versions of both Windows and Mac OS. So, there is no need to worry if you are thinking that how to unlock PDF on Mac OS. Users can try this best-selling software to open, print, copy, and extract PDF files. Other permissions are also allowed, such as commenting, signing, editing documents, and filling out forms. It also offers advanced algorithms that make the task easier.
Read Blog: How to Break PDF Password?
Steps to Change PDF Security Settings Without Password
- Launch and run the software to know how to change security settings on PDF.
- Use the Add File(s)/Add Folder(s) button to edit the changes in security settings.
- Now if the added PDF files are secured, then enter the password. If not, then continue without typing the password.
- Now in the Destination section, hit the Save radio button and set the path to save the Output by hitting the Change button.
- After changing the path and hit the Unlock button to change PDF security settings.
And it’s done. By using this tool, users will be able to conveniently change/edit the security-related settings of the PDF document.
Manual Method to Change PDF Security Using Adobe
To know how to change security settings on PDF, one can execute this task only if they have the Adobe Acrobat PRO DC which is a professional version and it costs high. If you have the professional version then the process will become simple as they have to open the PDF doc and change the settings. By chance, if you are using the basic version, then the user will need the above-mentioned software that will easily unsecure the protected PDF file and help you to edit document restrictions for PDF.
If the user has the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro with them, here are the steps, please follow them carefully.
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat DC PRO application and then open the PDF file in that.
- Then in the application go to Tools>Protect>Encrypt, then press Remove Security.
- If the file has the permission password then enter the required Password.
- Finally, hit the OK button to confirm.
When a user has PDF files to work with and is unable to access some features. At that time, it is required to change PDF security settings. So, users can easily use those options. However, if they have the professional version of the Adobe PDF application then it becomes an easy task. Otherwise, the user can go for the above-mentioned software which is capable of executing the task. Follow the guided steps mentioned to know how to change security settings on PDF