How to Archive AOL Mail to Free Up Server Space?
Overview: This write-up will describe the methods to archive AOL emails using free methods with complete information. Read the complete article first, and then start the process.
Archive AOL emails: This means moving your emails to the safe folder in AOL Mail, it is mainly used when your AOL mailbox is mixed up with unwanted, old, and important emails.
Users can simply archive AOL emails in a safe archive folder without deleting them. this is the best method to clean up your inbox of AOL Mail.
Archive AOL Emails: Overview
If you are looking for methods to clean up your mailbox to manage your emails, then there are two methods available: deleting emails and archiving emails.
Deleting Emails: removing your emails permanently from your AOL Mail account.
Archiving Emails: move your emails into the archive folder without deleting them.
Archive emails are the best way to move your emails from your Inbox to the safe folder known as Archive Folder. But if somebody replies to the archived email, then the email will again show in Inbox.
How to Archive AOL Mail Emails Manually?
Follow the steps to archive emails within the AOL Mail Server:
- Open an AOL Mail account.
- And open the email, that you want to archive.
- Now click on the “More” icon from the top bar, and choose the “Archive” option from the list.
- And finally, your email will archive successfully.
If you want to unarchive your emails, then click on the “Folder” from the left pane, open the “Archive” folder and open the email, now click on the “More” button and choose “Inbox” under the “Move To” option.
Sometimes happen when emails are so important to us, but we don’t want to keep those emails in inboxes for so long, cause of storage space.
But I want to inform you that, Archive doesn’t mean storage will be free. It will still take up the same space as before. So, to keep your emails safe, taking a backup of AOL Mailbox is the best method.
Manual Methods to Archive Mail Locally
We will show you the free and best methods to archive emails locally. The steps are mentioned below:
- Login to your AOL Mail account.
- And then, open the email that you want to archive.
- Now click on the “More” button and choose the “Print Message” option.
- After that, a new window will pop up on the screen, and select the destination and hit the “Save” icon.
- Now select the required location and again hit the “Save” icon.
Now your email will save in PDF format at the selected location. But this method has some limitations that are mentioned below:
Users can not archive AOL emails in bulk and have to repeat the process again and again for each method.
If you want to save AOL emails in bulk at once with complete information. Then try out the mentioned expert solution.
Expert Solution to Archive AOL Emails Locally
AOL Mail Backup Tool is one of the best and most advanced solutions available in the market. The software comes with amazing features, and all kinds of users can use this tool easily.
The software helps users to archive AOL emails into multiple file formats without losing any information in just a few clicks. Users can archive data from complete AOL Mail accounts including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
The tool provides multiple language options and it’s compatible with all Windows OS including the latest Windows 11 and Mac OS 10.8 and above.
Standout Features of the Software
Read the mentioned features of the tool for more information.
- The software can archive emails from all folders including Inbox, Sent, Draft, Trash, and other created folders.
- Users can archive emails into multiple formats such as PDF, PST, EML, MBOX, CSV, ICS, EML, EMLX, etc.
- Provides advanced filter options to archive specific emails via Data, To, From, Subject, etc.
- Also, there is no need to delete emails from AOL Mail manually, you can automatically delete emails from the account using the “Delete After Download” option.
- The software preserves folder structure and elements of the email like Bcc, Cc, To, Date, From, Subject, Formatting, Inline, Text, etc.
- Users can easily take backup of new once emails, by avoiding previously saved emails using the “Incremental Backup” option.
Working Steps to Archive AOL Mail Emails
Important Note: To avoid authentication errors, generate an app password and use it in place of a normal password.
Step-1: Install and set up the tool on your system.
Step-2: Now enter the login details of your AOL Mail account including your email address and app password and click on the “Login” button.
Step-3: And then, select the required format from the saving option.
Step-4: Now select the location where you want to save the archived emails.
Step-5: Select the “Delete After Download”, “Incremental Backup“, and “Apply Filter” to export specific emails if required.
Step-6: In the “Filters” option, all the folders/subfolders will appear on the screen automatically and select the required data as per your need.
Step-7: Click on the “Start” button to start the process.
Archive AOL Mail is the best method if you have stored it on your account. But if you have no space and you think to archive emails will free up storage, then no. to archive your emails safely for more storage, you can take a backup of them. We mentioned the free and expert solutions to archive AOL Mail locally, choose the methods as per your requirements.