Effortless Zoho to Gmail Migration with 2 Direct Solutions
Typically Zoho Mail and Gmail, both are popular cloud-based email platforms. However, due to different requirements and expectations, users prefer Gmail over Zoho. Besides, Gmail offers far better services than Zoho.
- User base and Familiarity – 1.8 billion global users use Google’s mail service.
- Free Storage – Gmail offers 15 GB of free storage upon opening a Gmail account.
- Pricing – Gmail is even pocket-friendly for business users. It has a different tier pricing structure.
- User base and Familiarity – Zoho celebrated its 100 million users in Sept 2023.
- Free Storage – Zoho offers 5 GM storage space for free upon creating a Zoho mail account.
- Pricing – It has only two pricing structures which makes it less convenient for business users having a low budget.
Comparing the basic features of Gmail and Zoho, we can clearly see why users want Zoho to Gmail migration. But, the question is how to move your Zoho emails to Gmail without losing a single piece of information.
What are the Methods to Migrate from Zoho Mail to Gmail?
Well, technically there are two ways through which you can perform the migration.
The manual approach uses the email forwarding concepts whereas the automated one uses a professional IMAP migration tool to complete the email transfer process.
Let’s discuss the ins and outs of both methods so that you can get a clear picture and make a decision ‘on which method you should choose’. Let’s start with the manual approach.
Method 1: Manually Perform Zoho to Gmail Migration
Here are the steps given below to import Zoho emails to Gmail account using email forwarding.
- Open your Zoho Mail account and log in.
- After logging in, select Settings by tapping the Gear symbol. After that, select Email Forwarding and POP/IMAP from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Here, select Enable under the IMAP Access option. (Note the specifics of the IMAP configuration.)
- Next, launch a browser of your choice and sign into your Gmail account. Next, select Account and Import Tab>>Add Another Email Address by clicking the Setting option.
- Another wizard will appear here. To migrate email from Zoho to Gmail, enter the name and Zoho email address.
- Enter the configuration information now. Server for SMTP: smtp.zoho.com. Port number: 465. Next, provide your Zoho login information. Select “Add Account.”
- Reopen the Zoho Mail. After adding the account, you should have gotten a confirmation link; click on it.
- Next, select Email Forwarding and POP/IMAP by tapping on the Settings icon from the Zoho email account.
- Add Email Address is the option that you will find here. To get Zoho emails, click on it and enter the Gmail address that needs to be entered. After that, select the Add button.
- Finally, an email confirming the transaction will be sent to your Gmail account. Click to verify the email address.
- Next, confirm the forwarding by entering the confirmation code in your Zoho Mail account as instructed in the email.
Limitation of Manual Zoho to Gmail Migration
- The entire process is time-consuming especially if you have a large number of emails to migrate.
- IMAP server configuration is a complex process.
- Without proper technical expertise, everything could go wrong.
- There may be potential downtime depending on the size of the migration.
- Maintaining folder structure consistency might be challenging.
That’s why it’s advised to use the above-mentioned professional tool and automate the entire migration process.
Method 2: Automatically Migrate Email from Zoho to Gmail
This method is quite simple and easy to carry out. Most users including IT admins rely on this tool to experience a hassle-free email transfer. Here are the simple steps.
[Note: The discussed steps are applicable on Mac OS.]
Step 1. Download the Zoho to Gmail migration tool on your system and install it.
Step 2. Select Zoho as Source account. Enter the correct username & password then validate the same.
Step 3. Select Gmail as Destination account. Enter the correct username & password. Then validate the same to proceed with Zoho mail to Gmail migration.
Step 4. Click on Add to simultaneously migrate multiple accounts.
Step 5. After that, click on Advanced Settings to customize the migration process.
Step 6. Apply Date Filter to migrate Zoho emails from a selected time duration to Gmail.
Step 7. Finally, click on Start Migration to transfer email from Zoho to Gmail.
This is the most simplest and effective method through which you can safely migrate your Zoho emails to your newly created Gmail account without any data loss.
After reading the write up we hope you found the solution you were looking for to execute Zoho to Gmail migration. You can manually transfer emails from Zoho to Gmail account, you need to be 100% certain before attempting this approach though. Then again, why take the risk when you can smoothie get the job done with the automated tool? So, try its free demo version of the tool now and migrate your Zoho emails by yourself.