Thunderbird to Outlook Converter – Features, Steps & More
If you are having problems while migrating from Thunderbird to Outlook, you can opt for an efficient Thunderbird Converter tool.
This software converts all Thunderbird emails including the data stored in no extension MBOX files and SBD folders. Mozilla Thunderbird uses the no extension files to store the message data and the SBD folders are used to maintain the folder structure. Converting the Thunderbird MBOX files to PST makes the emails accessible in the Outlook platform. You can also choose to save the Thunderbird emails in MSG format that is also supported by Microsoft Outlook.
Converting Thunderbird emails in MSG format saves each message in a separate file while converting to PST produces a mailbox file containing multiple email messages.
System Requirements for Installation
The latest version of the product 5.0 comes with a size of 35.0 MB. The tool only requires 50 MB free hard disk space for complete installation and is compatible with the latest Windows 10 platform. It supports both 32 bit and 64-bit versions of the Windows system. Also, there is no need for Outlook installation in order to run the software. The reviewed product can convert Thunderbird to Outlook without any email client.
Thunderbird to Outlook Converter Features & Performance
The software meets all the requirements necessary for conversion and also provides additional features to help customize the conversion for users.
- Batch processing of multiple Thunderbird MBOX files.
- Automatically detect configured Thunderbird database from the system.
- Convert single/multiple profiles at once.
- Several export options: PST, MSG, PDF, EML, NSF, HTML.
- The naming convention for conversion to MSG format.
- Checkbox to select and convert only required emails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Create a single PST file by combining all the Thunderbird mailboxes.
- Can also create separate PST files for each Thunderbird MBOX.
- Split feature to divide large mailboxes into smaller ones.
A Free Demo Version
The free demo version of Thunderbird to Outlook converter is also available to testify the software functionalities. It provides a complete overview of the tool by previewing the emails and attachments of Mozilla Thunderbird files. The only limitation is that the demo version only exports the first 25 emails into PST, MSG, EML, PDF, NSF, or HTML file format. This free trial version is enough to make users understand the software and help them in making the correct choice.
How to Convert Thunderbird to Outlook – Stepwise Procedure
1. Start Thunderbird to Outlook Converter on your system.
When starting, the tool checks for file system access so it can autoload the Thunderbird profile, and Notes installation which is necessary ONLY for MBOX to NSF conversion. There’s no need to mind it for Thunderbird to Outlook conversion.
2. On the starting screen, click on Add File button.
3. Now, select Thunderbird. Here, you have two options:
- Either browse the Thunderbird mailbox files (file with no extension) from your system,
- Or, go for the “default profile configured” option to let the software auto-load Thunderbird database from your system.
We will go with the second option.
4. Choose the profile/identity that you wish to convert to Outlook. You can also select All identities if required.
5. The software will now scan and preview all the emails of selected folders in multiple view panels.
6. Now, you have two ways to proceed:
- Either, select individual email messages, then right-click to choose the Export option;
- Or, simply click on the Export button from the top menu to convert all the scanned files (here, we have selected this option).
7. In the export screen, you need to select PST format for Thunderbird to Outlook conversion.
8. You can also choose to export only selected folders or all folders.
9. Now, opt to split the resultant PST file or not so as to ensure that you don’t end up with a large Outlook file.
10. Browse and select the destination location where the resultant file will be saved after conversion.
11. Finally, click on the Export button to start the process.
12. After a successful conversion, the Thunderbird converter software will generate an export report that you can keep for future use.
Technical Assistance Round the Clock
In case of any issues regarding the technicalities of conversion, email clients, and the software application, technical service is always available at the user’s request. It helps in resolving any queries or bugs encountered during the migration process.
Pros & Cons of Thunderbird to Outlook Converter
- The conversion time taken by the Thunderbird to Outlook converter is less when compared to other similar tools. Its ability to batch convert multiple Thunderbird mailboxes without tampering with the extension of the file is truly commendable.
- It also facilitates the conversion of Mac-oriented Thunderbird MBOX files and makes them accessible in Windows Outlook.
- Whether the requirement is to export specific email messages or specific email folders of Thunderbird, the tool meets them both. It provides a checkbox that can be enabled or disabled for selective migration.
- The file splitter is advantageous in terms of how to organize the Thunderbird data files in Outlook. It can help reduce the size of the resultant PST file that increases the performance of the Outlook platform.
- The demo version is available to test the product and gain favorable outcomes before investing in the product.
- The tool cannot convert corrupt Thunderbird files.
- There is no option to append Thunderbird data to an existing Outlook PST file.
The Thunderbird to Outlook converter is a complete solution that allows mass conversion of Thunderbird emails to PST file format. It does not compromise the data items during the complete process. The advantage of using the automated tool is fast and effortless conversion. And the ability to generate PST files supported in all Outlook versions: 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003.