Top 3 Methods to Switch / Move from Office 365 to Google Apps
Moving from Office 365 to G Suite? Here are the top 3 reasons that you need to know for Office 365 to Google Apps migration. As we know one thing is common among them i.e. both are cloud platform Software As a Service. They are having their own features & functionalities. But, when it comes to choosing one among the two then organizations should consider their business requirement first. However, there are many organizations that want to know how to switch Office 365 to Google Apps.
There can be multiple reasons behind due to which people are moving from Office 365 to G Suite. Cost-effectiveness & user-friendly interface are the two main reasons due to which people switch from Office 365 to G Suite. Apart from this there other reasons too for the office 365 data migration to Google Apps.
Pricing Plans for G Suite
- Basic plan – $5 per user per month with 30 GB cloud storage.
- Business plan – $10 per user per month with unlimited cloud storage.
- Enterprise plan – $29 per user per month with unlimited storage.
Note: For business and enterprise plans, unlimited storage is only available if you have less than 5 users otherwise you will get 1 TB of storage limit for each user.
Pricing Plans for Office 365
- Office 365 Business Essentials plan— $5 per user per month
- Office 365 Business plan— $8.25 per user per month
- Office 365 Business Premium plan — $12.50 per user per month
- Office 365 E1 plan— $8 per user per month
- Office 365 ProPlus plan— $12 per user per month
- Office 365 E3 plan— $20 per user per month
- Office 365 E5 plan— $35 per user per month
Reasons to Switch / Move from Office 365 to G Suite
G Suite is often a great tool for small businesses. However, the most interesting fact is that O365 supports a maximum of 300 users, which is good when the business is small. While on the other hand, G Suite supports an unlimited number of users, so it is suitable for companies of any size.
Easy to Use
As we know G Suite comes before Office 365 and people are more familiar with its applications like Gmail, Google Sheets, Calendars, Contacts, Google Drive, etc. Unlike Office 365 Applications like MS Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, MS Word people are not that much familiar.
Many people are already familiar with products like Gmail, Google docs for doing task tasks. This is time-saving as there will be no need to explain to new hires how to utilize company tools; unlike Office 365 or Zoho where more explanation is required.
From the above section, we can see that the G Suite comes with three different plans. It is beneficial for organizations of all sizes, from small-medium businesses, educational institutions & non-profit with limited IT Admin resources to large Enterprises. While on the other hand, Microsoft has a much wider range of pricing plans.
Best Approach for Moving from Office 365 to Google Suite
One of the easy, reliable & trustworthy solution to switch Office 365 to Google Apps account is Office 365 to G Suite Migrator. This futuristic application has many advanced features to carry out the migration process. The utility efficiently moves emails, contacts, calendars & documents to G Suite account. The tool provides customize filters to carry out-migration easily.
Some Highlighted Features of the Software
- Move Office 365 mailbox data Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Documents.
- Provide date range filter to carry out the migration of specific date range
- Move multiple user mailboxes to G Suite account in a single attempt
- Priority feature is provided for the early migration of specific users
- Transfer newly arrived or modified data through delta migration
- The software generates real-time progress status of the imported data
- The tool supports Windows OS 10 and Windows Server 2012 / 2016
- Gives Retry Failed button to carry out migration if it is failed in the initial run
- Concurrent migration feature to set the maximum number of accounts migrating concurrently per project
How to Do Office 365 to G Suite Migration
Office 365 as Source
- Create Console Project in Office 365.
- Also, enter Office 365 admin id & application id
G Suite as Destination
- Create Google Console Project
- Enter admin id, Service Account Client ID & P12 Keypath of Google Console Project.
Steps to Switch from Office 365 to Google Apps
1- Download and Run the tool on a local machine. Choose source as O365 & destination as G Suite
2- Choose the category & apply date filter if required
3- Enter Office 265 Admin account credentials, application id and click on validate
4- Enter the G Suite Admin account credentials, service account id and click on validate
5- Fetch all users associated with the Admin account
6- For Source & Destination mailbox mapping choose the option from the Window
7- Apply priority filter & click on validate for authentication
8- Finally, click on Start Migration button to initiate the migration process
Also Read Step by Step Process for: Office 365 Migration from G Suite
In this complete write-up, we have discussed various reasons to switch from Office 365 to Google Apps. Along with this, we have also covered the best solution that can help users in moving from Office 365 to G Suite. A complete step by step process is described that will help users to perform the migration process efficiently.