Split Large PST File Into Smaller Parts Instantly
What exactly happen, when you got to know that your Outlook data file is exceeding its size limit? As we know, you can lose your essential data due to oversized data file issues. It also leads to data corruption problems in MS Outlook.
Therefore, obviously, you will try to split large PST file into smaller parts. In order to make your task easy you will surely be looking for an instant solution that will divide large PST file.
Today, we have considered this issue and come up with different manual and automated solutions. However, in this write-up, you will get to know the answers to resolve your issue instantly.
Simply, read the complete blog to understand how to truncate oversized PST file.
People also ask
- How do you split the large size PST file?
- Can I split a large PST file in Outlook 2007?
- Want to know how I can transfer a large PST file?
- How do I truncate Outlook PST file after archiving?
After considering all the above-mentioned queries, we will disclose multiple techniques to resolve these users’ questions. Let’s begin:
An Efficient Solution to Split Large PST File Into Smaller Parts
Try automated software to truncate Outlook PST file by Email ID, Size, Date, Year, and Folder.
Manual Methods to Divide Oversized PST Files
Here, in this section manual methods are discussed to split large PST files into smaller parts. The free solution to split oversized PST file is in two different ways, you can follow any one of them to divide large Outlook data file. Let’s start:
Method 1- Using Import/Export Wizard
1. Go to the File menu, then Account Settings >>Account Settings…
2. Now, the data files option will show, click on the ADD option in the Account Settings wizard.
3. Enter the file name having a file format of .pst and hit on OK to continue the process.
4. A new PST file is created, now you can check the newly created file on Data Files.
5. Then, click on option File>>Open & Export option and then choose Import/Export.
6. Now, in the Import/Export wizard, choose the option Export to a File, and hit on Next.
7. Select the current created Outlook data file (.pst) in Export to a file.
8. To export, select the required folders and also view the Include Sub-folders option.
9. Hit on Browse and choose the desired location to save the exported file.
10. Now, click on the Do not Export Duplicates Item option for removing the duplicate ones, and then, click on the Finish button.
Method 2- Using Archive Feature
1. Run the MS Outlook application and go to the File option.
2. Click on the Info option and then Tools>>Clean up Old Items.
3. Now, choose a Folder to Archive, select a Date in Archive items older than the box, and hit on Browse to save the archived files at your desired location.
4. Click on the OK button to finish the process to divide oversized PST files.
Besides the above-mentioned ways, there are more methods to split large PST file into smaller parts that are free to use. But they contain a high chance of risk for data loss. Also, high technical knowledge is required to execute these methods.
Therefore, in order to avoid such issues we recommend using an alternative solution that is completely safe and easy to use. Move forward to the upcoming segment, where we will discuss an automatic technique to divide large PST file.
How to Divide Large PST File Without Data Loss?
If you want to split oversized PST file using an automated tool, you can use Outlook PST Splitter software which is a secure and trustworthy tool in order to resolve your problems. This utility offers 6 unique options to truncate PST file such as split large PST file by Size, Folder, Date, Year, Email-ID, and Category.
Also, the application supports splitting corrupted or damaged Outlook mailbox components including Emails, Calendars, Notes, Contacts, and Journals with or without installing MS Outlook.
Some Beneficial Features of Automated Software
- The tool allows splitting corrupted PST files due to its oversized.
- This utility can truncate Outlook PST files into multiple files by size 1 MB to 1 TB as per the requirements.
- This software is capable enough to work with PST files of all versions of Outlook (2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.)
- Install on all versions of Windows OS (10, 8.1, 8, 7, and all below versions).
- It is not necessary to install MS Outlook to truncate PST files.
Steps to Split Large PST File into Smaller Parts
1. Download and Install the Automated Tool on your system.
2. Add PST file/folder(s) and browse desired destination path.
3. Choose a required split option (split by size, folder, date, year, email id, and category).
4. Then, check the summary of split information and click Next to proceed.
5. Finally, the process to split oversized PST files is completed.
The best thing about this application is that you can Split 50 Items Free using the demo version. But, if you need to split large Outlook PST files more than this size limit, you have to purchase the full version of this tool.
In this article, we have provided you with the solution to Split Large PST File into smaller parts using manual as well as automated solutions. But we advised using the third-party tool as manual methods have their own severe risk and require high technical knowledge to split PST files. So, we recommended using the safe and secure automated tool to split oversized PST files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to split PST file without Outlook?
A.To split PST file without MS Outlook installation, you just need to download the tool mentioned above. Because to split large PST file into smaller parts, this tool doesn’t need Outlook installation in your system.
Q. Can we split corrupted or password-protected PST files?
A. Yes, we can easily split the corrupted or password-protected PST file with the help of an automated solution as this solution supports both password-protected and corrupted PST files.