Solve Signing Not Allowed in PDF Issue
When a user encounters a ‘signing not allowed in PDF’ issue, it halts the workflow. This is especially the case when there is an urgent need to sign the document. This article guides such users through practical solutions to convert PDF from a ‘not allowed’ to an ‘allowed’ status.
Table of Contents:
How to Change ‘Signing Not Allowed’ to ‘Allowed’
Sometimes PDF files come with restrictions that prevent users from signing them. This is mostly due to security settings applied by the document’s creator. But there’s no need to worry. We’ve got workarounds that will allow users to place the signature right where it needs to be. There are three methods:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Google Chrome
- Professional Toolkit
Read them all and choose as per requirements.
Resolve Issue Via Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe’s trusted software comes with the capability to alter security settings. As long as the user has the permission password, signing not allowed can be easily changed. By accessing the document properties, users can navigate to the security tab and change the restrictions. It may prompt for a password, which is the permission password.
Steps to Solve Signing Not Allowed in PDF via Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
- Run the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application.
- Choose a PDF file to open in the application.
- Once opened, right-click on the document and select Properties.
- Choose Security and select No Security.
- Enter the Permissions Password and confirm it again.
- Enter OK to close all the windows and Save the PDF file.
The signing restriction is now removed. Now the user can sign the locked PDF document without any issue.
Resolve Issue Via Google Chrome
Another option to resolve signing not allowed in PDF is to use a popular web browser. Users can drag and drop the PDF into a new Chrome tab to have the option to print. Instead of printing on paper, users can print it as a PDF. Thus, creating a new document. Often, this new PDF won’t carry over the original security settings.
Of course, this method has a glaring drawback. If the PDF has print restriction, then users can’t print it. If they cannot print them, then the method is useless.
Here is the step by step process when Signing is Not Allowed in PDF via Google Chrome:
- Right-click on the PDF and select Open With.
- Choose Google Chrome.
- Once the PDF is opend in Google Chrome, click on the Print icon.
- In the settings, choose Save as PDF.
- Finally, save the PDF file on your computer.
- This new PDF has no restriction on signing.
Remove ‘Signing Not Allowed’ Via Professional Software
This is where software like PDF Unlocker to unlock PDF file becomes invaluable. It is designed to remove restrictions so as to remove signing not allowed status in PDF file.
Here are some of its key features:
- Intuitive interface for ease of use.
- Safely removes restrictions while keeping your data intact.
- Supports batch processing for handling multiple files at once.
- Offers a preview of the security settings you’re about to change.
‘Signing not allowed in PDF’ is a fixable issue. This article provides proper methods to solve this problem. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Google Chrome, and professional tool are all capable methods that cater to different needs and preferences of users. So, read them all and choose the best one to suit your needs.
Q) Will these methods work on any PDF?
The first method requires permission password, the second method requires PDF without Print restriction, and the third method works on all PDF files.
Q) Can I remove other restrictions besides signing?
Yes, all the three methods can remove all restrictions from PDF.
Q) Are there any risks to using these methods?
The main risk lies in using an unknown software. But what we have covered here are all trusted and proper methods to resolve issue in PDF when signing is not allowed in PDF.