How to Organize and Merge Multiple Inboxes in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
Summary: Do you want to organize Outlook Inbox folders? Do you have two or more inbox folders in your account? If so, this post will help you how to merge multiple inboxes in Outlook and manage them professionally. Below are some user queries for the same to make today’s topic more clearer for you.
“I am using Outlook 2016. Somehow I found several inboxes in my Outlook 2016. I would like to combine them into one inbox. Is this possible? Please suggest me a method how do I make all my emails appear in one inbox in Outlook”
“I wonder if there is a way to combine Outlook inboxes for multiple IMAP accounts. I know that if you use POP3, they all come in one inbox, but once I switch to IMAP, I have to click on each account’s inbox separately. Thanks a lot!”
The answer to both questions is Yes. You can combine Outlook inbox of multiple accounts using the few methods. There are two methods to merge Outlook inboxes of different accounts: Manual and Automated. So you can choose one that fits your requirements to organize Outlook inbox folders successfully.
Merge Multiple Inboxes in Outlook Manually
Note: Before starting the process, please make a backup of the Outlook data files to avoid data loss or damage problems.
- Open Outlook, click the File menu and then click Account Settings
- In the Account Settings dialog box, select the Email tab
- Select the email account you want to combine.
- In the dialog box, select the Change folder.
- Now select the folder as the destination folder in which a specific message is to be saved.
- These folders are already existing folders like the inbox or a separate folder.
- You can create any other folder like inbox, account 1 or 2, etc.
- After selecting the folder, click OK.
Organize Outlook Inbox Folders Using Automated Solution
To organize inboxes of Outlook, merging them into one is the good option. To do this, manual method described above will help you easily combine Outlook inbox of multiple accounts. But, you need to repeat the same steps for each email account inbox you want to combine. Therefore, the user can use the PST Merger software to Merge PST File into one file. This is known as the best tool to consolidate data files without losing the original folder structure.
First Download and start the tool by clicking on the below button:
Steps to merge multiple inboxes in Outlook of different accounts are;
Step 1. Click the Add File, Add Folder, or Search File option to load PST files.
Step 2. Select the Merge option and click Next.
Step 3. Select the required folders. Choose Merge into an existing PST file and select the file or folder in which several inboxes are to be merged.
Step 4. Select filters and duplicate criteria.
Step 5. Click Next to start the process.
Why Suggested PST Merge Tool to Combine Outlook Inbox of Multiple Accounts?
This is the best tool to organize Outlook inbox folders and make all emails appear in one inbox when the manual method fails. It offers multiple advanced features and some of them are:
- User-friendly interface
- Safe & secure utility
- Join PST files by creating a new folder
- Merge Outlook inboxes without duplicate items
- Ability to merge contacts folders in Outlook
- Option to merge into a new PST, existing, or Outlook Profile
- Compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Facility to merge and remove duplicate emails in Outlook
Here we have explained the manual method to merge multiple inboxes in Outlook step by step. However, some disadvantages also result from the manual approach like no guarantee for merging inboxes, the risk of data loss and time expenditure. To eliminate all these disadvantages, it is strongly recommended to use the professional solution. This way, the user can combine Outlook inbox of multiple accounts without duplication.
Frequently Asked Questions of Users
Follow these steps for completing this task:
1. Start Merge Outlook PST tool and add .pst files
2. Choose merge option
3. Select merge in existing PST file
4. Click next. It’s done now.
The best way to organize and manage inboxes in Outlook is to merge them into one. Once merged, you can access multiple Inbox folders in one and avoid data loss issues.
1. Open Account Settings wizard
2. Click File >> Account Setting and select Email
3. Choose account whose inbox you wish to combine
4. Click Change Folder button
5. Select the folder as destination folder where you want to save the emails.