How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365? Best Solutions
Emails are considered to be one of the most reliable modes of communication and there are multiple email services in the market, catering to the needs of users. One of them is Yahoo, used for its huge storage space, but because of its limited features, it is not able to meet the requirements of users. Due to this many users have been switching to other platforms like Office 365. Therefore, in this blog, we will provide you with the best solutions to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
Why Transfer Yahoo Emails to Office 365?
Office 365 has many features in comparison to Yahoo mail for individuals, businesses, and enterprises depending upon their subscription plans. Its email application provides better functionality to its users with services like MS Excel, OneDrive, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc. There are multiple other reasons why users want to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365, let us discuss a few of them here.
- Enhances Productivity: Office 365 provides various tools for better productivity and collaboration among team members. It also allows users to enhance communication and share the required resources in a better way.
- Scalability: Office 365 can accommodate the needs of everyone, from small to large businesses, thus, it is beneficial to opt for Office 365 and improve scalability.
- Better management: Office 365 can integrate with other Microsoft services providing its users an integrated and centralized management. Therefore, users can efficiently manage their accounts, security settings, access permissions, etc.
These are some of the reasons why migrating from Yahoo to Office 365 is beneficial for every user. Next, let us understand how you can complete this process with the help of the best available solutions in the next section.
Manual Solution to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
- Open MS Outlook on your system, go to the “File” tab, click on “Info” and select the “Add Account” option.
- After this, select the “Manual setup or additional server types” option and now click on the “Next” button.
- Click on “Add New Account”, then select the “POP or IMAP” option and press on the “Next” button.
- Now enter the required details such as username, email address, password, etc., and then click on the “More Settings” button.
- Under the “Advance Tab” enter the “POP Server: 995”, “SMTP Server: 465” and “Encryption: SSL” and then press the “OK” button to continue.
- At last, click on the “Finish” button and restart the Outlook application.
- Next, click on the “Send and Receive” option to start downloading your Yahoo emails in Outlook.
After this, you can also export the downloaded PST file of your Yahoo emails into Office 365. The manual method is very time-consuming and complicated because users have to take care of many things while performing the migration process. But this won’t be an ideal solution for every user and thus we have discussed a better solution to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 in the next section.
Transfer Yahoo Emails to Office 365 using Professional Tool
For a user with limited technical knowledge, this manual method can be very complicated and there are also very high chances of data loss. Therefore, an ideal solution for every user migrating from Yahoo to Office 365 is to use the IMAP Migration Tool. This software can export emails from all IMAP accounts to Office 365 from single or bulk mailboxes simultaneously.
Easy Steps to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
Let us discuss the steps following which you can safely transfer Yahoo emails to Office 365.
- Open the IMAP Migration Tool on your system and select the source as “IMAP” and the destination as “Office 365”.
- Next, from the “Workload Selection” enable the checkbox that represents “Email”.
- You can take the help of “Date Filter” to migrate only selected data from Yahoo.
- Now, from the “IMAP Server” drop down menu, select the “Other” option and click on the “Validate” button.
- Enter the destination “Admin Email” and “Application ID” and then click on the “Next” button.
- Go to the “Users” section and choose the option as per your requirement to import the users list into the CSV file.
- Now, add the “Source App Password” for the accounts that you want to migrate, and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Next, click on the “Start Migration” button at the top right corner to successfully migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365.
Why Use the Professional IMAP Migration Tool?
Till now, we have discussed both the manual as well as professional solutions, and it can be noticed that the professional tool is a more easy and secure method for every user. To understand this better let us look at some of the reasons why you should use professional software to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365.
- The software is capable to migrate multiple IMAP accounts from single as well as bulk mailboxes to Office 365 safely and securely.
- You can use the Delta migration option to migrate the new data and skip the already migrated data to avoid duplication problems.
- This software provides you with an option to stop the migration process in case you face any issues for example internet connection problems. You can stop and resume the migration process afterwards and don’t have to restart the migration process all over again.
- After the completion of the migration process, users can generate a migration summary report and save it in CSV format for future reference and analysis.
In this blog, we have provided you with the best solutions to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365. However, the manual solution is very complicated and requires good technical knowledge to successfully migrate your emails without any data loss. Thus, an easy and secure solution for every user to migrate their Yahoo emails to Office 365 will be with the help of the professional migration tool mentioned above in the blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Can I set up my Yahoo email in Office 365?
Ans. Yes, to set up your Yahoo email in Office 365, go to the “File” tab, click on “Info” and then select the “Add account” option. After this, enter your Yahoo email address and password and click on the “Connect” button.
Q.2 Why is my Yahoo email not working with Office 365?
Ans. Your Yahoo email may not be working with Office 365 because you might have entered the wrong IMAP settings, fill in the right settings and then configure your account in Outlook.
Q.3 How can I forward an email conversation in Yahoo?
Ans. You can forward an email conversation in Yahoo by just forwarding the recent message and then the entire email conversation will be sent automatically.