How to Migrate Roundcube to Office 365? Quick Solutions
Roundcube is an open-source webmail client that provides conventional facilities like sending, receiving, and storage of emails. In addition, it is an ideal solution for people who need services like email hosting with their particular domain. But, due to recent security concerns with its browser, people have started feeling vulnerable and want to transfer to other platforms like Office 365. Therefore, in this article, we will provide you with easy and quick solutions to migrate Roundcube to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
Why Transfer Roundcube Emails to Office 365?
With recent security concerns, users of Roundcube emails want to have a safe and secure platform where they can prevent the chances of data loss. Office 365 is a developed version of Microsoft Office that offers multiple features with advanced applications to manage both professional as well as personal work. Now, let us look at some of the many reasons why users want to migrate Roundcube to Office 365.
- Facilitates Collaboration: Businesses can use Office 365 to work together as a team on a particular assignment or project as everyone can collaborate by using the same version of the software.
- Work From Anywhere: One of the most important reasons why users want to transfer Roundcube emails to Office 365 is that because of its cloud-based service users have access to all their important data from anywhere in the world while having an internet connection.
- Advanced Security: Office 365 has multiple built-in security features such as message encryption, mobile device management, advanced threat analytics, etc.
These are some of the most important reasons why users should migrate Roundcube to Office 365. Hence, let us understand how this can be done in simple steps in the next section.
Manual Method to Migrate Roundcube to Office 365
Users can directly download Roundcube emails in EML format, supported by many other email clients by just following the below-mentioned steps.
- In your web browser, open the Roundcube login page and then log in by entering your “Username” and “Password”.
- Select the email that you want to export and then click on the “More” option on the top right side of the email interface.
- Now, from the drop down list click on the “Export” option.
- After this, your selected email will be downloaded in EML file format that you can see from the default “Downloads” folder.
The manual method may seem to be very simple, but that is the case only if you have a limited number of emails. On the other hand, if a user wants to migrate Roundcube to Office 365 in bulk, then this method can be very time-consuming and irritating. But, you don’t need to worry as there is a solution to transfer Roundcube emails to Office 365 in bulk quickly with the help of a professional tool discussed in the next section.
Transfer Roundcube Emails to Office 365 using Professional Tool
We have seen how the manual method is an inefficient and time consuming process if users want to transfer Roundcube emails in bulk. Therefore, an ideal solution for every user to migrate Roundcube to Office 365 is with the help of the IMAP Migration Tool. Using this tool users can easily migrate emails in bulk with attachments from multiple IMAP accounts in a secure way.
Steps to Migrate Roundcube to Office 365
Now, let us look at the steps following which you can migrate your Roundcube emails to your Office 365 account.
- Open the professional migration tool and then select the source as “IMAP” and the destination as “Office 365”.
- Now select the checkbox representing “Email” from the “Workload Selection”.
- Select the “Date Filter” checkbox which allows you to migrate only the selective data, and after that click on the “Next” button.
- Select the “Other” option from the IMAP server drop down menu and then enter the “IMAP Server URL” and “Port Number”.
- Next enter the asked details that are, “Destination Email” and “Application ID”, and next click on “Validate”.
- From the “Users” screen choose the option that best suits your requirement to migrate Roundcube to Office 365.
- Now, add the “Source App Password” and after that click on the “Validate” button on the top right side of the software interface.
- After this, click on the “Start Migration” button and view all your files from the “Completed” tab.
Benefits of Using Professional IMAP Migration Tool
The professional migration tool offers multiple benefits to the users who want to migrate Roundcube to Office 365, thus, making the process easy and secure. Let us have a look at some of these benefits to better understand why you should use the professional migration tool.
- The professional tool supports the migration of user data from all IMAP servers from single as well as bulk mailboxes from IMAP to Office 365.
- It supports concurrent migration to migrate multiple IMAP accounts simultaneously, and delta migration to migrate only the newly arrived data to avoid data duplication.
- Users can stop or resume the migration process in case they face any problem in between the migration process, and thus, don’t have to start the process all over again.
- The software allows users to maintain the original folder structure and generate a migration summary report in CSV format for future analysis.
In this blog, we have discussed different methods to migrate Roundcube to Office 365, however, the manual method is not an ideal solution when a user needs to migrate emails in bulk. Thus, an ideal solution for every user is to use the professional migration tool mentioned above in the blog, to transfer all your emails from Roundcube in a simple and secure way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 How can I export an email from Roundcube?
Ans. Users can export their Roundcube emails in EML format by selecting a particular email, click on “More” and select the “Export” option from the drop down list.
Q.2 How can I migrate Roundcube email to Office 365?
Ans. You can migrate your Roundcube email to Office 365 by exporting your emails from Roundcube into EML file format and then import this EML file into Outlook.
Q.3 How can I import emails in Roundcube?
Ans. To import emails in Roundcube first, select the folder where you want them to be imported and then select the “Import messages” option. Select the files that you want to import and then click on “Upload” to start the import process.