How to Migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace? Easy Steps
Roundcube is an open-source webmail client that offers its users with conventional services like sending, receiving, and storing emails along with email hosting services with a particular domain. However, due to some recent security concerns among its users, the need to transfer all their data to other platforms like Office 365 has risen. Therefore, in this blog, we will provide you with the best solutions to migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace in easy steps.
Table of Contents:
Why Transfer Roundcube Emails to Google Workspace?
Google Workspace (earlier known as G Suite) is among the most popular email services with a collection of various software and products offered by Google. It enhances the productivity and collaboration of its users because of various software and tools like Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, etc. Now, let us look at the reasons why you should migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace in brief.
- Users get enhanced security due to two-factor encryption and authentication of their emails and other files while using Google Workspace.
- Google Workspace offers various services like Drive, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Docs, etc. that help users easily manage all their data in one place and thus, enhance productivity.
- Google Workspace helps in better management with the help of its various advanced features like file sharing, custom email addresses, task management, calendar integration, etc.
Now let us move to the solutions following which you can transfer Roundcube emails to Google Workspace easily.
Manual Solution to Migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace
- Open your web browser and then log into your Google Workspace Admin dashboard.
- Now, go to “Account”, then “Data Migration” and then click on the “SET DATA MIGRATION UP” link.
- Next, enter the asked details such as type of source server, type of items, source server, and its IMAP server address.
- Under the “Role Account” section, enter the “Username” and “Password” of your Roundcube emails.
- From the “Configuration Setting” page select the migration options, start date, and add destination.
- Click on the “Start” button, and the status will be shown as “Initializing”, and then “Complete” after successful migration.
The manual method may not be the best solution as many users face situations like data loss of their important emails. Therefore, an ideal solution to migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace in a secure way is with the help of the professional tool, discussed in the next section.
Professional Solution to Transfer Roundcube Emails to Google Workspace
The manual solution to transfer Roundcube emails has a very high risk of data loss and thus, an ideal solution to migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace in a secure way is with the help of the professional IMAP Migration Tool. With this professional software, users can safely transfer emails from multiple IMAP servers simultaneously in bulk mode.
Steps to Migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace
Now, let us understand how we can transfer Roundcube emails to Google Workspace easily with the help of the below mentioned steps.
- Open the professional migration tool on your system and then select “IMAP” as the source and “G Suite” as the destination.
- Now, from the “Workload Selection” section, enable the checkbox that represents email.
- Using the “Date Filter” users can select from and to date to migrate only the selective data from their emails.
- Select the “Other” option from the IMAP server drop down menu options and then provide the details like “IMAP Server URL” and “Port Number”.
- Enter the required destination details like “Admin Email”, “Service Account” and “Certificate File” and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Next, from the “Users” screen you can add the users through CSV from the source account by choosing from the available options.
- Now, add the “Source App Password” and then click on the “Validate” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Start Migration” button to commence the migration process and check all the accounts later under the “Completed” tab.
Features of the Expert Suggested Migration Tool
The professional software tool has various features that make the process to migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace easy, let us look at a few of them in brief:
- The tool enables users to migrate IMAP data files along with attachments from multiple mailboxes simultaneously in bulk mode.
- With the Date filter users can transfer selective emails between a certain time period while maintaining the original folder structure.
- The professional tool has a Delta migration option which allows users to migrate only the newly arrived emails that have not been migrated earlier, thus eliminating the duplication of data.
- Users can re-run the migration process or retry the failed items again to ensure complete migration of their data files without the need to start the process all over again.
In this blog, we have discussed the best solutions to migrate Roundcube to Google Workspace in easy steps, however, the manual solution has a very high risk of data loss. Therefore, an ideal solution for the users will be to take the help of the professional migration tool discussed above in the blog to transfer data from all IMAP servers to Google Workspace efficiently.