How to Migrate Rackspace Email to Office 365? Best Method
Rackspace is a webmail service provided by the American company Rackspace Technology which is also known for providing a variety of cloud computing services. In recent times the users of this service have been facing outage and sync issues, thus, many of them want to migrate their mailbox to other email service providers like Office 365. Hence, in this article, we will understand how to migrate Rackspace email to Office 365 using the best and verified solutions.
Table of Contents:
- Why do Users want to Transfer Rackspace to Office 365?
- Manual Solution to Migrate Rackspace Email to Office 365
- Perform Rackspace to Office 365 Migration using Professional Tool
- Step by Step Method to Migrate Rackspace Email to Office 365
- Why use Professional Tool to Transfer Rackspace to Office 365?
Why do Users want to Transfer Rackspace to Office 365?
Office 365 is a cloud-based service offered by Microsoft that is integrated with various software like Outlook, Excel, Word, OneDrive, etc. It has the ability to cater to all the requirements of the growing business and has a variety of features depending upon the type of subscription plan you opt for as per your requirements.
So let us have a look at some of the reasons why users want to migrate Rackspace email to Office 365.
- Office 365 provides easy integration with various services that are beneficial in enhancing the productivity of the users and improving their scalability.
- Users can easily access their data from anywhere at any time thus, eliminating the concern of maintenance and manual upgrades.
- It has a powerful spam filter that emphasizes the security of data and thus provides better security to its users.
Now let us move on to the methods that you can follow to transfer Rackspace to Office 365, in the next section.
Manual Solution to Migrate Rackspace Email to Office 365
- Open your web browser and then sign in to the “Archive Manager”.
- Go to the left hand side of the dashboard, click on “Searches”, locate the search name to export, and then click on “Run”.
- Now, select the checkbox representing the emails that you want to export and then click on the “Export” option.
- A popup window will appear, click on “Next” and then select the file format as “PST”.
- Set the “Export Name” and then enable the box representing if you want to receive the email notification when the export is ready.
- Next, click on “Request Export” and then on the “Exports” tab to initiate the download process.
- Finally, search for the file that you have exported and then click on “Download”.
The manual method to migrate Rackspace email to Office 365 is a very time-consuming and complicated process requiring good technical knowledge. However, there is an alternate method that you can follow to transfer Rackspace to Office 365, in an easy and secure way.
Perform Rackspace to Office 365 Migration using Professional Tool
The manual method to migrate Rackspace emails is very inefficient as it is very time consuming and has the risk of data loss. Thus, an ideal solution to migrate Rackspace email to Office 365 with its attachments in bulk is with the help of the Cloud Migration Tool. This tool lets the users perform Rackspace to Office 365 migration for single as well as bulk mailboxes from all IMAP accounts.
Step by Step Method to Migrate Rackspace Email to Office 365
Now let us move on to the step-by-step method following which you can easily transfer Rackspace to Office 365.
- Open the professional software on the system, go to the “Setup” screen, and then select “IMAP” as source and “Office 365” as destination.
- Move to the “Workload Selection” section and then enable the checkbox representing “Email” and “Date Filter” to migrate only selective emails.
- Go to the “Source” screen, choose the “Other” option from the IMAP server list, and then enter the required source details.
- Now, enter the required destination details and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Next, go to the “Users” screen and then select the most suitable option to add users from the source account.
- Enter the “Source App Password” of the accounts from where you will migrate the data and next click on the “Validate” button.
- Now, click on the “Start Migration” button on the top right side of your screen and then initiate the Rackspace to Office 365 migration process.
Why use Professional Tool to Transfer Rackspace to Office 365?
There are plenty of reasons why users should consider using the professional migration tool to migrate Rackspace email to Office 365, let us have a look at a few of them.
- The professional tool is capable of migrating single as well as bulk mailboxes from multiple IMAP accounts to Office 365 simultaneously.
- With the help of the delta migration feature users can migrate only the newly arrived data, thus it will avoid the duplication of any existing email data.
- The users can retry the failed items or re-run the migration process to ensure that they safely migrate all their files without any data loss.
- At the end of the migration process, users can generate a migration summary report that consists of all the details of the migration process for future analysis.
Many users want to migrate Rackspace email to Office 365 to get the benefits of advanced features and enhanced security of their email data. However, the manual method suggested in the article isn’t the best option because of its time consuming and complicated process. Therefore, the best method to successfully perform Rackspace to Office 365 migration is with the help of the professional tool discussed above in the article.