How to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365? Expert Guide
HostGator is one of the leading web hosting service providers and also offers email services to users. But being an old email service it has limited features and very little storage space, thus, its users want to migrate to other email services like Office 365. Therefore, through this article, we will provide you with an expert guide with the best solutions to migrate HostGator email to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
- Why do Users want to Transfer HostGator to Office 365?
- Manual Solution to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365
- HostGator IMAP Settings to Configure with Outlook
- Expert Way to Transfer HostGator to Office 365
- Step by Step Method to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365
- Why use Professional Tool for Hostgator to Microsoft 365 Migration?
Why do Users want to Transfer HostGator to Office 365?
Office 365, besides an email service, also offers a suite of collaborative tools like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. that helps in increasing the productivity of its users. Also, the subscription plans it offers have various advanced features and security that help in providing better safety and privacy of user data. Thus, there are multiple reasons why users want to migrate HostGator email to Office 365, let us discuss some of them in brief.
- HostGator webmail is suitable for small enterprises only, on the other hand, Microsoft 365 is suitable for both small and large businesses.
- Office 365 provides better management of large email data and thus is more flexible than the HostGator email service.
- Office 365 allows multiple users to work together at a time and also offers advanced features in the subscription plans to fulfill the user requirements, all this is not offered by HostGator.
Now let us move on to the manual solution that you can follow to transfer HostGator to Office 365.
Manual Solution to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365
- Open the Outlook app on your computer and then from the dashboard, click on the “File” menu.
- From the “Info” section click on the “Add Account” button to move to the setup wizard.
- Enter your HostGator email address and then click on the “Connect” button.
- From the “Advance Setup” window select the “IMAP” option and then enter the required details in the IMAP Account Settings.
- After this, click on the “Next” button, enter your password, and then click on “Done”.
Now your HostGator email account will be configured in Outlook and you can view all your emails in the app.
The manual method to transfer HostGator to Office 365 contains a lot of technicalities and thus becomes very difficult to perform. Therefore, in the next section, we will discuss a quick and easy solution for a successful HostGator to Office 365 migration.
HostGator IMAP Settings to Configure with Outlook
You can take the help of the following IMAP settings that you will need to migrate HostGator email to Office 365.
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.yourdomain.com
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Port: 465
Expert Way to Transfer HostGator to Office 365
You have seen that the manual method involves a lot of technicalities and thus, isn’t an ideal solution for you to migrate HostGator email to Office 365. Therefore, an ideal solution for you will be to take the help of the professional Cloud Migration Tool for an easy and secure HostGator to Office 365 migration.
With this software, you can easily migrate single as well as bulk mailboxes from IMAP-enabled email servers simultaneously. In addition, it also has several features like Date Filter, Delta Migration, etc. that ensure a safe and smooth migration process.
Step by Step Method to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365
Follow the below-mentioned step-by-step method to successfully migrate HostGator email to Office 365.
- Launch the professional software on the computer and then choose “IMAP” option as source and “Office 365” option as destination.
- In the “Workload Selection” section, enable the “Email” and “Date Filter” checkboxes to selectively transfer HostGator emails.
- Thereafter, click on the “Other” option from the “IMAP Server” list and click on the “Validate” button.
- Now, from the “Destination” screen, enter the destination details, click on “Validate” and then on the “Next” button.
- From the “Users” screen import users through CSV with the help of the two available ways.
- Enter the “Source App Password” and then click on the “Start Migration” button to begin the migration process.
Why use Professional Tool for Hostgator to Microsoft 365 Migration?
There are multiple reasons that make the expert way to migrate HostGator email to Office 365 an ideal solution for every user, let us have a look at some of them.
- With this software, you can migrate single as well as bulk mailboxes with attachments from all IMAP accounts simultaneously in a secure way.
- The software allows you to re-run the migration process or just retry the failed items in order to ensure zero data loss.
- You can take the help of features like Delta Migration and Date Filter in order to migrate the newly arrived data or only selective emails from the source IMAP account.
- The software maintains the original folder structure throughout the migration process and also allows you to generate the migration summary report for future reference and analysis.
There are many users who want to migrate HostGator email to Office 365, so we have discussed both the manual and expert method to do so. But the manual method is not the best solution as it includes a lot of technicalities, therefore, the expert-suggested software that is an ideal solution for HostGator to Office 365 migration.