How to Migrate Email from IONOS to Office 365? Best Solutions
IONOS is one of the most popular internet service providers owned by 1 & 1 Telecommunications, a Germany-based company that also provides services related to domain, web hosting, cloud computing, etc. However, users of its services have faced some server outage issues affecting access to their important email data. Now, many users are looking for other email clients like Office 365, and hence, in this article, we will discuss the best solutions to migrate email from IONOS to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
- Why do Users want to Transfer IONOS Emails to Office 365?
- Manual Solution to Migrate Email from IONOS to Office 365
- Expert Way to Transfer IONOS Emails to Office 365
- Step by Step Method to Migrate Email from IONOS to Office 365
- Why use Professional Tool for IONOS to Microsoft 365 Migration?
Why do Users want to Transfer IONOS Emails to Office 365?
Office 365 provides more than an email service as it offers a suite of collaborative tools like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. that increases the productivity of its users. Also, its subscription plans offer various advanced features and enhanced security for better safety and privacy of user data. Thus, there are various reasons why users want to migrate email from IONOS to Office 365, let us discuss some of them here.
- Switching from 1 & 1 webmail service to Office 365 allows the users to have access to their data from anywhere and at any time with an internet connection.
- Microsoft 365 provides some extra security features that help in securing the cloud infrastructure and with its SSL/TLS encryption that protects your files from illegal access.
- It provides a number of advanced features and supports scalability for users as per the different subscription plans that users can choose from according to their needs and requirements.
Now let us have a look at the quick and easy solutions that you can follow to transfer IONOS emails to Office 365.
Manual Solution to Migrate Email from IONOS to Office 365
- Open Office 365 on your system and then log into your Administrator account.
- Next, click on the “Admin” icon, go to “Microsoft 365 Admin Center”, select “Setup” and then click on “Data Migration”.
- Select “Other” email services as 1 & 1 webmail is not a very common email service and then enter the required IMAP details.
- Now provide the “Email Address” and “Password” of the account that you want to migrate and then click on the “Save” button.
- After this, select the account in which you want to import your data and then click on the “Start Migration” button.
Note: Use the following IONOS IMAP settings that you will need to migrate email from IONOS to Office 365.
- Email ID: Your IONOS webmail address
- Email Password: Your IONOS webmail password
- Server Address: imap.ionos.com
- SSL Port No: 993
- TLS Port No: 143
The manual method to transfer IONOS emails to Office 365 consists of a lot of technicalities and thus isn’t easy to perform. Therefore, we will discuss a quick and easy solution to migrate your IONOS emails with the help of the IONOS Migration Tool, discussed in the next section.
Expert Way to Transfer IONOS Emails to Office 365
As we have seen in the above section, that the manual method is a very complicated process with a lot of technicalities to migrate email from IONOS to Office 365. Therefore, taking the help of the professional Cloud Migration Tool is the best way to make the migration process easy and secure.
This tool has the ability to export emails from all IMAP accounts and migrate single as well as bulk mailboxes from IMAP to Office 365. You can also use the various features in the software to migrate selective data, only new data, etc.
Step by Step Method to Migrate Email from IONOS to Office 365
You can follow the provided step-by-step method in order to perform the IONOS to Office 365 migration process.
- Launch the professional software on your system and then choose “IMAP” and “Office 365” as the source and destination respectively.
- Go to the “Workload Selection” section and then enable the “Email” and “Date Filter” checkboxes in order to migrate only the selective emails.
- In the “Source” screen, choose “Other” from the “IMAP Server” options and then enter the required source details.
- Now, move on to the “Destination” screen, enter the destination details, and then click on the “Validate” button.
- You can import the users through CSV by selecting from the available two options in the “Users” screen.
- Enter the “Source App Password” of the accounts from where you have to migrate your data and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Next, click on the “Start Migration” button at the top right corner of your screen to start the migration process successfully.
Why use Professional Tool for IONOS to Microsoft 365 Migration?
There are plenty of reasons to consider using the expert way to migrate email from IONOS to Office 365, let us have a look at some of them.
- You can migrate the single as well as bulk mailboxes with attachments from all IMAP accounts simultaneously in an easy and secure way.
- Features like Date Filter and Delta Migration help you to migrate only the selective emails and only the newly arrived data respectively, from the source account.
- In order to ensure zero data loss, the tool allows you to retry the failed items or re-run the migration process.
- The original folder structure is maintained throughout the migration process and after its completion you can also generate the migration summary report for future reference and analysis.
There are many users who want to migrate email from IONOS to Office 365, but the manual method does not provide an ideal solution to the users as it contains many technicalities not known to a normal user. Therefore, above in the article, is discussed a professional software that is a secure option to effortlessly migrate your 1 & 1 webmail.