How to Migrate GoDaddy Email to G Suite? Complete Guide
GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosting and domain registrar companies which also offers services like e-commerce solutions, business email, etc. Recently many of its users have started moving to other platforms because of the locked-down features and licenses that restrict the company’s growth and productivity. Thus, it creates the need to migrate GoDaddy email to G Suite.
However most of the users don’t know how to do that, but, you don’t need to worry as in this blog we will provide you with the complete guide to migrate GoDaddy email to Google Workspace.
Table of Contents:
Why Migrate Email from GoDaddy to G Suite?
Google Workspace (earlier known as G Suite) is one of the best email services for both individuals and companies with multiple applications and tools for enhanced productivity and collaboration. Thus, more and more users now want to migrate GoDaddy email to G Suite. There are many reasons why a user may want to migrate their emails to Google Workspace, let us look at a few of them.
- Secure: Google Workspace has better security than GoDaddy because of its two-factor authentication and encryption of your emails and related files.
- Integration: G Suite can easily integrate with other services offered by Google like Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. This integration with other services is very helpful for users to manage their emails and files in one place.
- Friendly User Interface: Google Workspace’s interface is more user-friendly when compared to GoDaddy’s email service, hence making it easier for users to manage their emails and tasks.
- Advanced Features: G Suite has more advanced features when compared to the GoDaddy email service such as custom email addresses, file sharing, task management, calendar integration, etc.
These are some of the most common reasons why you should migrate GoDaddy email to G Suite. Now, let us understand how you can easily do that using different available methods.
Migrate GoDaddy Email to G Suite using Manual Method
- Open the Gmail login page on your web browser and sign into your account using your “Username and Password”.
- Click on the gear icon to open and see all “Settings” and go to the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Select “Add a POP3” mail account, mention your GoDaddy email address, and click on the “Next” button.
- Next, provide your GoDaddy username and password, and under the “POP Server” field enter “pop.secureserver.net”.
- Now, select all the options that you want to activate and click on the “Add Account” button to start the verification of your provided login information.
- Click on the button next to “No” and then click on the “Finish” option to migrate email from GoDaddy to G Suite.
Note: Before starting with the process, ensure that POP3 is enabled on your Google account.
Expert Solution to Transfer Emails from GoDaddy to G Suite
The manual method is a very complicated and time consuming process with a very high risk of data loss especially if you have limited technical knowledge. Thus, an ideal way to migrate GoDaddy email to G Suite is to use the IMAP Migration Tool. Using this tool users can migrate emails with attachments from multiple IMAP accounts simultaneously in bulk mode.
Steps to Migrate GoDaddy Email to G Suite Using Professional Tool
Let us discuss the steps following which you can easily transfer emails from GoDaddy to Office 365.
- Launch the IMAP Migration Tool and select “IMAP” as the source and “G Suite” as the destination platform.
- Now under the “Workload Selection” select the checkbox representing email and keep it enabled.
- Using the “Date Filter” option you can migrate only the selected data, and click on “Next”.
- Now, select the “Source IMAP Server” from the drop down menu and click on “Other” option.
Note: You need to enter the “IMAP server URL” and “Port Number” if you choose the “Other” IMAP server option.
- Click on the “Validate” button and then enter the required destination details such as “Admin Email, Service Account, and Certificate File”.
- Click on the “Validate” button and after all permissions are validated, click on the “Next button”.
- From the “Users screen” select the option that best suits your requirement and the list of users will display.
- Click on the “Validate” button to authorize the resources of the selected source and destination.
- After the successful validation of source and destination permission, click on the “Start Migration” button.
After you are done with the process to migrate GoDaddy email to G Suite, you can click on the “Download Report” button to get the Migration Summary Report or the Detailed Report of the migration process.
Features of the Professional IMAP Migration Tool
The professional migration tool has multiple features that make it an ideal choice to migrate email from GoDaddy to G Suite for each and every user. To understand this better let us discuss some of the important features of this tool that can make your migration process easy and secure.
- The software can migrate emails from multiple IMAP accounts to Office 365 that too with single as well as bulk mailboxes.
- The date filter in the professional software allows users to migrate selective data from G Suite to Office 365.
- After the completion of the migration process, users can generate the migration summary report or the detailed report in CSV format for further reference and analysis.
- The software is capable of migrating all user data in the form of emails, address books, documents, calendars, attachments, etc. from the source destination.
In this blog we have discussed different methods to migrate GoDaddy email to G Suite, however, the manual method is very complicated and time consuming with a high risk of data loss. Therefore, an ideal solution for every user is to use the professional tool mentioned in the article recommended by experts to migrate all your data in an easy and secure way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is GoDaddy free workspace no longer supported?
Ans. Yes, GoDaddy is no longer offering a free workspace and is moving to Microsoft 365, which is more secure, stable and offers more storage space.
Q.2 What to do if I accidentally let my GoDaddy email account expire?
Ans. If you have accidentally expired your GoDaddy email account and want to export and save your emails then you will have to upgrade to a different plan.
Q.3 Why is the GoDaddy email not working?
Ans. GoDaddy email may not be working if you have any filters or rules preventing you from receiving any email, therefore check your mailbox filter rules and disable them.